IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

1 minute ago, phantom said:

20201005_225717.jpg

Still doesn't say they've been dropped. They have been asked to stay away and are missing the game because of the time it takes to be tested. The last line says they could be back for Belgium if tested in time.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

So 3 England players broke rules and will miss the game against Wales. Yet this is nothing to do with England. Maybe just ignore the thread next time.

See I clicked on it thinking there might be a post about the team, maybe about the potential XI, the formation, the way the game might play out.

Instead you've seen a story and decided to come fishing for outrage at these hoodlums daring to accidentally break a covid rule. You've then sexed up the story by omitting some facts and making up others. It's unnecessary and unhelpful, and could easily have been discussed elsewhere. The young men are being dealt with. Tammy's done his scripted apology and we can all move on.

But if you want a thread to shout at clouds on then I'll take your advice and ignore it now.

• Admin
1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Still doesn't say they've been dropped. They have been asked to stay away and are missing the game because of the time it takes to be tested. The last line says they could be back for Belgium if tested in time.

On the basis that Southgate is reportedly livid at the three players, I'd be surprised  if he selected them after how he dealt with the other lads

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

See I clicked on it thinking there might be a post about the team, maybe about the potential XI, the formation, the way the game might play out.

Instead you've seen a story and decided to come fishing for outrage at these hoodlums daring to accidentally break a covid rule. You've then sexed up the story by omitting some facts and making up others. It's unnecessary and unhelpful, and could easily have been discussed elsewhere. The young men are being dealt with. Tammy's done his scripted apology and we can all move on.

But if you want a thread to shout at clouds on then I'll take your advice and ignore it now.

Whatever way you dress it up they wont be playing on Thursday due to stupid actions.

10 hours ago, Super said:

Tammy, Sancho and Chilwell dropped from the squad for the Wales game after attending a party for Tammy's birthday which was more than 6 people. Does playing for England matter to these idiots? Add Foden and Greenwood to that.

Does no one else find it weird that no other football players are involved? Surprised there aren't more Chelsea players at least, maybe he doesn't have many friends in the squad

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

there’s no reason an open air stadium can not be with the correct measures in place. 

I suggest if you review many of the comments made in the Holden/3Lions thread you'll note very sound reasons why fans won't be returning to grounds soon.

Matters not what measures the club puts in place if the F'wits decide to ignore them, which given wholesale non-compliance with regulation pre Covid and Trumpesque pronouncements of late of what F'wits will and won't do, is guaranteed.

"We do what we want, we do what we want...." Yep, so you do.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I suggest if you review many of the comments made in the Holden/3Lions thread you'll note very sound reasons why fans won't be returning to grounds soon.

Matters not what measures the club puts in place if the F'wits decide to ignore them, which given wholesale non-compliance with regulation pre Covid and Trumpesque pronouncements of late of what F'wits will and won't do, is guaranteed.

TBF I made points that I could see were a defence for the current stance, based on the message that we are tightening up not opening up and could understand why grounds wouldnt open now

Given that they are making plans to allow the Royal Albert Hall to hold concerts, and now telling us to get back to cinemas, I no longer defend the "tightening" stance and cannot understand the mixed messages.

If we're looking at safely opening concert halls, and encouraging people to go the cinema, I cannot see why football stadiums cant be re-considered.

• Flames 1

49 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

It would have to be policed properly , with stewards rejecting anyone from the ground not keeping to protocol and not turning a blind eye. 
I agree there’s a element of idiots who think the rules don’t apply to them. However , when the prime minister is openly encouraging people to go to cinemas , then  football clubs have every right to be pissed off not allowing fans in.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

“But I’m fit and healthy, it’s got a 0.000000001% death rate I saw it on YouTube it’s a scam, why should I care about others” 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It would have to be policed properly , with stewards rejecting anyone from the ground not keeping to protocol and not turning a blind eye. 
I agree there’s a element of idiots who think the rules don’t apply to them. However , when the prime minister is openly encouraging people to go to cinemas , then  football clubs have every right to be pissed off not allowing fans in.

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

TBF I made points that I could see were a defence for the current stance, based on the message that we are tightening up not opening up and could understand why grounds wouldnt open now

Given that they are making plans to allow the Royal Albert Hall to hold concerts, and now telling us to get back to cinemas, I no longer defend the "tightening" stance and cannot understand the mixed messages.

If we're looking at safely opening concert halls, and encouraging people to go the cinema, I cannot see why football stadiums cant be re-considered.

Are you honestly classing going to the cinema/theatre the same as a football match? There’s massive differences just in the demographics and behaviour on a whole. 

6 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Are you honestly classing going to the cinema/theatre the same as a football match? There’s massive differences just in the demographics and behaviour on a whole. 

As I said it has to be policed properly. Most people going to the cinema will be young , who are the main age group transmitting the virus as most of them don’t socially distance. It’s in doors , more chance of transmission . There’s a circus on the downs at the moment as well. Ashton gate is perfect for a socially distanced crowd as are plenty of other grounds. As Lansdown states in his interview . We have experts in charge of the protocols. Trust them to do their jobs. 
no one thinks twice now of going to a supermarket . I was in Sainsbury's yesterday. Apart from people wearing masks , not one person is social distancing and everyone touching items on the shelves. If (big if ) people are sensible it can work. I , as most do , wear a mask, I’ve always got hand sanitiser in my van . I visit people’s houses to quote for work and always  seek their approval and that every step has been taken to be safe beforehand. People need to be trusted because this virus is here for the long term . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, S25loyal said:

I know, and I've been arguing that point but similarly the actual aspect of sitting watching the game can be as safe, if not safer, than sitting inside a theatre at 50% capacity.

I don't know how they tackle the behaviour and what happens before and after arriving at the game but is it much different to the pubs being open? People still gather before and now with a 10pm curfew very likely gathering in houses after too. Similarly club houses allowed to stream the game but not allowed to be outside watching it - which is safer? There's no sense to the things they are putting in place.

There's a lot to consider, which is why it needs to be tested in small groups. I understood the reason for cancelling the trials when the message was about tightening up - but that doesn't appear to be Boris's message yesterday

• Like 1

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

You dont generally get up and shout in cinemas though do you? Not unless you have tourettes.

I believe this is the prime concern - particularly if people have had a few

True, as @S25loyalsaid theres still a big concern around behaviours.

Perhaps in the first instance no alchohol should be sold in the ground and no one admitted if they appear drunk? More likely to adhere to rules when sober

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It has to be policed properly 

You keep saying that, but to check everyone on the way in, make sure they adhere to social distancing, eject them if they start chanting etc, stop mingling, keep toilets clean is a LOT of policing. You would need more stewards probably = more money. Is that realistic ? Im not sure it is

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You keep saying that, but to check everyone on the way in, make sure they adhere to social distancing, eject them if they start chanting etc, stop mingling, keep toilets clean is a LOT of policing. You would need more stewards probably = more money. Is that realistic ? Im not sure it is

But only on the back of a successful trial can they then look to expand numbers.

If that means a few more cleaners and stewards in the short term, which will work towards an increase in attendance that makes reopening viable in the mid, someone has to raise their hand and pick up the slack to see what works well, and what could work better.

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I agree,  but whether you agree with Lansdown on things or not , listen to what he says. We have experts in charge and they have to be trusted to do their jobs. 
let’s face facts, this virus is here to stay, it could be years before there’s a vaccine . As in other walks of society ,  we have to get on with as much a normal life as possible. We’re all getting used to a new  normal now in going about our day to day life. We have to with sport as well. I drove over the downs Saturday , all nets up and local football being played. How many of them had been tested. No doubt all sweating over one another and spitting . It can be done . There does however have to be clear rules in place . It’ll only be season ticket holders in the ground. Everyone will be traceable . As posted above , perhaps no alcohol should be served to start with. However that’s how clubs make money . It’s not easy , granted . It can be done though. 

• Like 1

I had to download the nhs app to go to the hairdresser, they also took my temperature. Those kinds of steps would have to be taken at the turnstiles at least. I had to wear a mask at all times.

there would be no alcohol, and possibly no food on sale, bring your own if absolutely necessary. 
they’d be no singing section and if people don’t comply they’d have to be asked to leave. 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

That’s the bit I’m frustrated by.  I don’t necessarily think football grounds are safe yet, but if they aren’t nor are cinemas, etc. 1m+ indoors...what tosh.

33 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You dont generally get up and shout in cinemas though do you? Not unless you have tourettes.

I believe this is the prime concern - particularly if people have had a few

And that is why the seating needs careful planning.  It might be that early trials are with a bigger social distancing element.  Instead if 1m+, you do 2m+....I think a lot of people are ignoring the “+”....that’s means with mitigation, e.g. mask, screen, facing away from each other etc.

If 2m+ (initially) meant 4k rather than 8k fans at AG, then City make a commercial decision.  They might say start with 3k because they want to control the concourse better etc.  Each club needs to plan their implementation of the guidelines....and then enforce it.

• Like 1

I think given the small numbers it would be very easy to identify those not adhering to the rules that would be a condition of entry.  Politely give them the option of masking up or ask them to leave. Then blacklist them for further reduced attendance games if they don’t want to get on board. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I had to download the nhs app to go to the hairdresser, they also took my temperature. Those kinds of steps would have to be taken at the turnstiles at least. I had to wear a mask at all times.

there would be no alcohol, and possibly no food on sale, bring your own if absolutely necessary. 
they’d be no singing section and if people don’t comply they’d have to be asked to leave. 

National Hair Service app.

And they took your temp! I feel lucky if they offer to look after my coat.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Totally agree with that. Ironically the Cinemas are showing football matches now - you couldnt make it up

It’s the inconsistency / illogical rationale that does me.  It’s the changing of the metrics to suit their agenda that is totally against the level of of competence I’d expect from a government.

They are making it up as they go along, they are not following the science.  They are playing a game of “chance” with others lives at stake.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s the inconsistency / illogical rationale that does me.  It’s the changing of the metrics to suit their agenda that is totally against the level of of competence I’d expect from a government.

I think we've learned enough about this current government to understand that lurching from one shambles to the next one is pretty much par for the course. Sadly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

with stewards rejecting anyone from the ground not keeping to protocol

It's what happens after they go through the turnstile that's the problem.

If fans already are unable to sit down in the seats they've been allocated, keep safety exits clear, refrain from smoking inside stadia or wash their hands after visiting the bog, what chance do you think there is of them keeping to severe rules that would be required to keep punters safe? Folks have already shared on here advice as to control flows post Covid in stadia and that requires timed ingress & egress. We've plenty of punters who can't do 90 mins as is, so clearly they'll be happy to hang around for an hour post  a drab match, won't they?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

If fans already are unable to sit down in the seats they've been allocated, keep safety exits clear, refrain from smoking inside stadia or wash their hands after visiting the bog, what chance do you think there is of them keeping to severe rules that would be required to keep punters safe? Folks have already shared on here advice as to control flows post Covid in stadia and that requires timed ingress & egress. We've plenty of punters who can't do 90 mins as is, so clearly they'll be happy to hang around for an hour post  a drab match, won't they?

Take the positive view, there are many that can behave, you can identify who is sitting in which seat, we will probably have more ST’s than available seats... If people transgress, don’t invite them back until the crisis has eased.

41 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I do wonder why people like yourself continually post such negative comments on the return?

It's like you won't be happy unless you are told people won't be able to return!!

There are clearly ways of making this work, but like a few others you struggle to accept that this is possible

There are many examples of games being played around Europe without problems, yet you continually have an obsession of everything going wrong in England?

• Haha 1