Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Attendance from October/Fans Return (Merged)


Recommended Posts

Some updates on this- lifted from another forum I saw it on but won't plagarise etc- Malcolm Clarke of FSA posts on it, presumably he is a fan of that club and he is the poster.

Couple of relevant documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SG02-Planning-for-social-distancing-at-sports-grounds.pdf

Certainly not read them myself but pulled out some of the salient points from the post on the other forum.

  • Fans given an arrival time would be likely, eta up to 3 hours before kick off.
  • 20-40% capacity- fans in a single household or bubble not expected to have seats between. As one of the more modern and redeveloped grounds we would have more scope to maybe be towards the higher end of that estimate?
  • Recording of names and contact details-that combined with the arrival slots being staggered, seems could be like an airport, you miss your slot not coming in. Mentions random temperature checks too as a possibility. For Test and Trace purposes, name and contact detail aspect.
  • Again mentions the idea of the relaxation of the alcohol rule- I think that is an issue because alcohol in grounds during times of circulation of Covid don't mix IMO. Otherwise if not for Covid it feels long overdue!

There's some other stuff too, EFL have encouraged clubs to engage correctly with fans on this- especially local fan groups.

The other update, is that the Test Event at Community Shield likely scratch that, definitely won't be happening.

Seen halftime closure of toilets mentioned elsewhere in recent days.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some updates on this- lifted from another forum I saw it on but won't plagarise etc- Malcolm Clarke of FSA posts on it, presumably he is a fan of that club and he is the poster.

Couple of relevant documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SG02-Planning-for-social-distancing-at-sports-grounds.pdf

Certainly not read them myself but pulled out some of the salient points from the post on the other forum.

  • Fans given an arrival time would be likely, eta up to 3 hours before kick off.
  • 20-40% capacity- fans in a single household or bubble not expected to have seats between. As one of the more modern and redeveloped grounds we would have more scope to maybe be towards the higher end of that estimate?
  • Recording of names and contact details-that combined with the arrival slots being staggered, seems could be like an airport, you miss your slot not coming in. Mentions random temperature checks too as a possibility. For Test and Trace purposes, name and contact detail aspect.
  • Again mentions the idea of the relaxation of the alcohol rule- I think that is an issue because alcohol in grounds during times of circulation of Covid don't mix IMO. Otherwise if not for Covid it feels long overdue!

There's some other stuff too, EFL have encouraged clubs to engage correctly with fans on this- especially local fan groups.

The other update, is that the Test Event at Community Shield likely scratch that, definitely won't be happening.

Seen halftime closure of toilets mentioned elsewhere in recent days.

I think I would rather watch Jeff Stelling on soccer Saturday than go to a game with those restrictions if that's the future count me out

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

I think I would rather watch Jeff Stelling on soccer Saturday than go to a game with those restrictions if that's the future count me out

It will only be the 'future' for so long. Perhaps this full season will be a write off, but after that it'll be back. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's some other stuff too, EFL have encouraged clubs to engage correctly with fans on this- especially local fan groups.

That's us stuffed before it even starts then

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the club empathize with the situation we are in and for those who may ask for refunds, they are not treated unfairly by the club and lose their season ticket holder status.

Of all the things going on at the moment, this one is a key indicator of how the Lansdowns view their relationship with the fans.

  • Like 1
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I hope the club empathize with the situation we are in and for those who may ask for refunds, they are not treated unfairly by the club and lose their season ticket holder status.

Of all the things going on at the moment, this one is a key indicator of how the Lansdowns view their relationship with the fans.

I don't really think customer service is a top priority for the Lansdowns they've got the money so tough you know what

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

I don't really think customer service is a top priority for the Lansdowns they've got the money so tough you know what

That would be a shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noises don't sound encouraging- yes this article is about the PL (isn't everything!) but what goes there has some relevance further down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8621341/Premier-League-clubs-stand-Government-fans-returning-stadiums.html

Quote

Sportsmail has learned that the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA), the public body responsible for ensuring the safety of spectators, have based their target of 30 per cent occupancy at stadiums when fans are permitted to return on selling tickets in blocks of six, which the clubs consider impractical.

Talks remain ongoing between the Premier League, the clubs and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport but there are concerns that if the SGSA recommendations are adopted then the planned return of fans will prove unworkable and could be uneconomic for those in the lower divisions.

Quote

The clubs' priority when crowds are allowed is to ensure that as many season-ticket holders as possible are able to attend matches, with their data showing very few fans go to games in groups of six.

Wonder what the numbers, proportion for us is in terms of fans attending in groups of 6?

Quote

Given most season-ticket holders generally attend games in much smaller groups, it is feared that clubs will only be able to operate grounds at around 20 per cent of capacity if they are to comply with the Government's social distancing guidance. Such an occupancy rate would still be worthwhile in the Premier League due to their high ticket prices but clubs in the lower leagues may find it uneconomic.

More like or closer to 20% rather than 40% then!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So its alright for thousands of people to sit on Bournemouth beach and wander around the town at will. 100's mingling in town centres shopping and from September 30 kids plus a few adults compressed in small classrooms (indoors !!) but sports fans cant be trusted to act responsibly inside a stadium.

Sorry but from someone who strictly adheres to social distancing I think it is more mixed messages from Government. 

I would quite happily return to watch live football if every second seat is left unoccupied, concession stands and toilets closed (so no queueing).

Under the above guidelines I wont be attending if I have to turn up 3 hrs before...especially after a 2 hour journey to get to the ground in the first place.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, italian dave said:

So, you may have to arrive 3 hours before the start; and the toilets are closed. That's 5 hours without a wee. Do they judge everyone's bladder capacity by that of Dominic Cummings?

Yup, the no toilets is a mental suggestion. What about if my 8 year old needs to go??

What I think you can do at AG because of the way it’s structured is put in “checkpoints” to limit the number of people in each concourse area, which would help. For example you could have people entering the Lansdown via designated “gates” and barrier halfway down the concourse so that only (say) 50% of the reduced capacity in that stand have access to a certain area. Means less pressure on the more popular bars, and quite vitally, also reduces the number potentially impacted by contact tracing on any positive test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2020 at 17:12, Dredd said:

So with the government saying that they would be looking to open up stadiums to around a third of capacity from October, that’s roughly 8,600 allowed into AG. 
There are likely going to be other rules around concourse size and family groups being allowed to sit together but on a basic level that’s what we are going to have to work with. 
I wonder if the amount of season tickets sold pre lockdown means we can accommodate all current season ticket applicants/holders, with some sort of buy back scheme for those who can’t attend/ don’t want to attend certain games? Or if we have already sold into double figures and someone is going to miss out. Lots of thinking for the club on this one. Let’s hope they make the right decisions with a nice early (well thought out) decision/communication. 

With no away supporters they should be able to safe distance  using all the stands 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So its alright for thousands of people to sit on Bournemouth beach and wander around the town at will. 100's mingling in town centres shopping and from September 30 kids plus a few adults compressed in small classrooms (indoors !!) but sports fans cant be trusted to act responsibly inside a stadium.

Sorry but from someone who strictly adheres to social distancing I think it is more mixed messages from Government. 

I would quite happily return to watch live football if every second seat is left unoccupied, concession stands and toilets closed (so no queueing).

Under the above guidelines I wont be attending if I have to turn up 3 hrs before...especially after a 2 hour journey to get to the ground in the first place.

If there was a Saturday and Tuesday home match you'd be better sleeping in the concourse 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sglosbcfc said:

If there was a Saturday and Tuesday home match you'd be better sleeping in the concourse 😄

Just as a thought on that - as and when we do restart there needs to be an end to the 5pm Tuesday kick offs. Even if they are available on Robins TV a large proportion of people are back in work and it’s unreasonable to have games at that time in view of that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I think toilets would be closed at half time to avoid lots of people in there, they'd be open during the 90 mins.

Surely all they would need to do is make people wear masks while queuing for the toilet. Problem solved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Surely all they would need to do is make people wear masks while queuing for the toilet. Problem solved. 

It’s a logistical nightmare to implement social distancing at a football match. Even with gaps between each seat there’d still be those sat behind and below you 

It would safer if everyone wore masks throughout the entire match day experience and not just when using the toilets.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a logistical nightmare to implement social distancing at a football match. Even with gaps between each seat there’d still be those sat behind and below you 

It would safer if everyone wore masks throughout the entire match day experience and not just when using the toilets.
 

Have you got any proof that it is safer for people to wear masks? 

Top Dutch scientists have stated they see no benefits with masks and could do more harm than good.

Unless everyone wears kn95 or FFP3 masks etc. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S25loyal said:

Have you got any proof that it is safer for people to wear masks? 

Top Dutch scientists have stated they see no benefits with masks and could do more harm than good.

Unless everyone wears kn95 or FFP3 masks etc. 

 

Our top scientists say that wearing a face mask protects others from you so if everyone wore a mask we would all be safer.

The other difficulty in a football stadium is touching surfaces, particularly hand rails. Not sure how that issue would be overcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Have you got any proof that it is safer for people to wear masks? 

Top Dutch scientists have stated they see no benefits with masks and could do more harm than good.

Unless everyone wears kn95 or FFP3 masks etc. 

 

It’s pretty much undeniably safer and the scientists you mention are outliers.

If you work on the basis the virus is spread through air based transmission, then what you need to do is reduce the chances of a person who has the virus passing it on. Face masks (of pretty much any kind to some extent) will block the particles coming out of your mouth into the wider airstream. 
 

The risk is that people wearing masks either become complacent or touch their faces more, but as a concept, masks are a safety improver.

This is a decent way of showing this:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Considering the current economic climate and feelings about the recent coaching appointments, if the club offered a full 100% refund on the season ticket how many would take it

I certainly would think seriously about it

I would consider it, depending on what was on offer. (£350 for a season of Robins TV is not good enough)

I'd be happy to take a pro rata refund on a game by game basis too, if it looks possible that we will be allowed in before the season ends. 

EDIT: should make clear that my own decision would be absolutely nothing to do with coaching appointments

Edited by sinenomine
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a logistical nightmare to implement social distancing at a football match. Even with gaps between each seat there’d still be those sat behind and below you 

It would safer if everyone wore masks throughout the entire match day experience and not just when using the toilets.
 

It's an outside environment and not face to face contact, so based on current guidelines in the UK masks wouldn't be necessary or any safer - from what I've read. No different to sitting in a pub garden with someone on the table next to you. Its definitely the concourses and facilities plus getting in and out of the ground in crowds that is the big issue here - sitting in your seat distanced from the next group of people is the easy bit

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Portland Bill changed the title to Fans allowed at EFL games this weekend.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...