IGNORED

Niketiah, Gerrard and now Hughton?

Roadrunner

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I am getting more and more feed up with all these nearly headlines. MacGregor has just posted nothing close with Chris Hughton. Still interviewing others. Could be 7-10 days away.

Did this need another thread? ?‍♂️

Also hasn’t “just” posted, it was 8 hours ago and his been discussed all day!

22 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

What's going on I thought Hughton was about to be confirmed, Sky bet etc aren't giving any odds for a new manager now Points West are saying there are three being interviewed including someone not on their original list?

Thats good 8 were being interview this morning

So the process is happening quite quickly 

25 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

What's going on I thought Hughton was about to be confirmed, Sky bet etc aren't giving any odds for a new manager now Points West are saying there are three being interviewed including someone not on their original list?

No names I'm guessing?

Maybe it's Paul Cook- his future at Wigan must be in doubt given their admin situation, appeal etc.

It only points to one thing the aDNA required is not present at interview so chemistry not happening with the panel as their demands to high. So as has been mentioned before let’s sign that James fellow again and return to calamity. I am rapidly losing interest in the whole process. The club has made up its mind and that’s it. Going for the cheap options once again!

2 hours ago, hertsexile said:

It only points to one thing the aDNA required is not present at interview so chemistry not happening with the panel as their demands to high. So as has been mentioned before let’s sign that James fellow again and return to calamity. I am rapidly losing interest in the whole process. The club has made up its mind and that’s it. Going for the cheap options once again!

You've contradicted yourself mid-post. Do you think the club haven't agreed anything with Hughton because they don't think he's the right fit or do you think the club haven't agreed anything with Hughton because they want to spend less money?

You're posting two very different reasons for a decision as though they are the same one when they clearly aren't. Which do you think it is? 

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

I am getting more and more feed up with all these nearly headlines. MacGregor has just posted nothing close with Chris Hughton. Still interviewing others. Could be 7-10 days away.

I agree. The fans want Hughton, Hughton wants to join us. Nobody else should come into the equation, unless it’s a ridiculously unrealistic candidate like Pochettino, Benitez etc.

The board is acting like they’re appointing a senior executive at Hargreaves Lansdown. Time is of the essence, get it done.

10 minutes ago, tin said:

I agree. The fans want Hughton, Hughton wants to join us. Nobody else should come into the equation, unless it’s a ridiculously unrealistic candidate like Pochettino, Benitez etc.

The board is acting like they’re appointing a senior executive at Hargreaves Lansdown. Time is of the essence, get it done.

Two small points, the fans don’t appoint managers, the board do (Based on a wide range of factors, including affordability), and do we know that CH wants the job? 

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Two small points, the fans don’t appoint managers, the board do (Based on a wide range of factors, including affordability), and do we know that CH wants the job? 

Correct, Chappers, and the board’s history of choosing managers has been consistently proven to be flawed.

According to various media sources, Hughton wants the job. That’s good enough for me. His record at this level speaks for itself. If he wants it and is the best candidate, he should get it. 

12 minutes ago, tin said:

Correct, Chappers, and the board’s history of choosing managers has been consistently proven to be flawed.

According to various media sources, Hughton wants the job. That’s good enough for me. His record at this level speaks for itself. If he wants it and is the best candidate, he should get it. 

All depends what he wants, and if we can afford to agree. Not normal times right now. Also, I never trust the press with these sort of stories.

I also think that the CH thing on here is turning into a bandwagon of hype. He definitely would be a good choice, but he won’t be the only string candidate, and the Board have to take other factors into account. No manager comes with any guarantees whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Too much dithering by your chairman I might be rich but dosen't want to spend it?

The only rich thing is a Swindon fan dissing our Chairman! Pot kettle and very charcoal.

5 minutes ago, tin said:

It can only be pure speculation that CH wants the job irrespectively. Who knows what his demands could be? He's had opportunity which he's turned down before.

It may possibly be that SL wants to explore every avenue and we have no idea whatsoever who has applied . And no ,the board are not acting like they're appointing an exec- they're acting like the want to appoint the right guy.

Shame on them not to rush into such an easy decision which ,of course, would bite them on the bum if it doesn't go well . 

Maybe just maybe CH isn't the only high quality candidate who can see the potential of a truly grounded, well supported, well run, well financed football club with a brilliant stadium , youth policy and state of the art training base.

29 minutes ago, tin said:

30 minutes ago, tin said:

Who says he IS the best candidate, no one on here knows who else is in the running. 

Who on this site is in the position to name anyone other than CH who is on the short list.Therefore all this hot air and speculation about the relative strengths of The candidates Is just that.We do not know if CH is the best option and until the next person is appointed ,we cannot make a judgement - so lets all settle down until the appointment is made..Why get angst about something you cannot control. 

38 minutes ago, tin said:

how has it constantly been floored, the last two managers were a success 

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The only rich thing is a Swindon fan dissing our Chairman! Pot kettle and very charcoal.

It can only be pure speculation that CH wants the job irrespectively. Who knows what his demands could be? He's had opportunity which he's turned down before.

It may possibly be that SL wants to explore every avenue and we have no idea whatsoever who has applied . And no ,the board are not acting like they're appointing an exec- they're acting like the want to appoint the right guy.

Shame on them not to rush into such an easy decision which ,of course, would bite them on the bum if it doesn't go well . 

Maybe just maybe CH isn't the only high quality candidate who can see the potential of a truly grounded, well supported, well run, well financed football club with a brilliant stadium , youth policy and state of the art training base.

We don't have any money so not a comparison just a little humour saying how ironic it is you have a billionaire who can basically get who he wants to get you out of the championship but seems to be frustrating you fans by dithering. Going back to our chairman he may have many faults but he's positive and makes decision quickly   just like previous chairman over the last 35 years when appointing MaCari, Ardilles, Hoddle, McMahon & DiCanio .

8 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

Who on this site is in the position to name anyone other than CH who is on the short list.Therefore all this hot air and speculation about the relative strengths of The candidates Is just that.We do not know if CH is the best option and until the next person is appointed ,we cannot make a judgement - so lets all settle down until the appointment is made..Why get angst about something you cannot control. 

Correct

10 hours ago, Monkeh said:

how has it constantly been floored, the last two managers were a success 

Gumbo - off the top of my head Pulis, Millen, Coppell, McInnes, O’Driscoll have all been poor decisions made by SL. The decision to appoint LJ certainly wasn’t based on his CV, either. Dawe choose Cotts.

The only good appointment SL has been involved in during the last 20 years was Wilson, IMO. That’s why I think SL has a history of making mostly poor managerial decisions. 

9 minutes ago, tin said:

Gumbo - off the top of my head Pulis, Millen, Coppell, McInnes, O’Driscoll have all been poor decisions made by SL. The decision to appoint LJ certainly wasn’t based on his CV, either. Dawe choose Cotts.

The only good appointment SL has been involved in during the last 20 years was Wilson, IMO. That’s why I think SL has a history of making mostly poor managerial decisions. 

And both johnsons as well as Cotterell,

Prob is every chairman owner has a history of it,

Every manager fails thats why there is a manager merry go round,

The club is in a much better position then it was 20 years ago, thats what the owners success or failure should be measured on,

4 minutes ago, tin said:

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We don't have any money so not a comparison just a little humour saying how ironic it is you have a billionaire who can basically get who he wants to get you out of the championship but seems to be frustrating you fans by dithering. Going back to our chairman he may have many faults but he's positive and makes decision quickly   just like previous chairman over the last 35 years when appointing MaCari, Ardilles, Hoddle, McMahon & DiCanio .

I think you may have made two fundamental errors in your comment.

Just because Steve is a Billionaire does absolutely not get him any Manager (or Player for that matter) that he wants and you may well have mistaken 'dithering' for due process.

If CH throws a wobbly because SL doesn't immediately offer him  the best and arguably the safest job currently available in the EFL then he isn't the right Manager anyway.

As for fans frustration- everyone knows that any footie fan can run a club, choose a Manager, choose a player , choose a playing system much better than the idiots who are.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

And both johnsons as well as Cotterell,

Prob is every chairman owner has a history of it,

Every manager fails thats why there is a manager merry go round,

The club is in a much better position then it was 20 years ago, thats what the owners success or failure should be measured on,

Don’t know how I forgot GJ! I personally don’t class LJ as a success, though, but I won’t go over that again. Cotts was Dawe’s appointment. 

I agree our stock has never been higher in the last 20 years, and SL has been a wonderful benefactor to facilitate that. That’s also why I think it’s amazing to have proven candidates like Hughton interested and the board would be mad not to offer him the job based on two promotions at this level, he has most fans’ backing and - by all accounts - he actually wants the job. 

As usual, though, we all want us to succeed and that’s just my opinion as to the best way to do that. 

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think you may have made two fundamental errors in your comment.

Just because Steve is a Billionaire does absolutely not get him any Manager (or Player for that matter) that he wants and you may well have mistaken 'dithering' for due process.

If CH throws a wobbly because SL doesn't immediately offer him  the best and arguably the safest job currently available in the EFL then he isn't the right Manager anyway.

As for fans frustration- everyone knows that any footie fan can run a club, choose a Manager, choose a player , choose a playing system much better than the idiots who are.

Just making a point that you have a better opportunity than most to attract/appoint a decent manager but like everyone life quality cost

Just now, tin said:

Don’t know how I forgot GJ! I personally don’t class LJ as a success, though, but I won’t go over that again. Cotts was Dawe’s appointment. 

I agree our stock has never been higher in the last 20 years, and SL has been a wonderful benefactor to facilitate that. That’s also why I think it’s amazing to have proven candidates like Hughton interested and the board would be mad not to offer him the job based on two promotions at this level, he has most fans’ backing and - by all accounts - he actually wants the job. 

As usual, though, we all want us to succeed and that’s just my opinion as to the best way to do that. 

fair enough mate,

I want hughton and will be disappointed if he isn't appointed,

But I won't throw my toys out the pram like others are doing because we never appointed someone 5 minutes a johnson was sacked

Oh a class lee a success because he established us as a championship club like his dad did, and we finally stopped doing things cheaply ie letting go players go well below market value and we actually went on cup runs,

Me saying johnson was a success doesnt mean I liked him as head coach,

His football was worse the third worst football I've witnessed at the gate in the last season and a half only topped by o'dismal and tiny penis,

He never took any responsibility 

He was too quick to throw players under the bus

His tactics were baffling  and he split the fan base 

Archived