IGNORED

Jon Stead`s going to Wembley

Lanterne Rouge

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Harrogate just beat Boreham Wood to get to the Conference final v Notts County or Barnet. JS came on as sub at 37, he must surely just love playing!

One of my favourite City players, never the most skilful but always gave 110% and a thoroughly nice bloke too by all accounts.

Good luck Jon.

and possibly against his previous club.

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Harrogate just beat Boreham Wood to get to the Conference final v Notts County or Barnet. JS came on as sub at 37, he must surely just love playing!

One of my favourite City players, never the most skilful but always gave 110% and a thoroughly nice bloke too by all accounts.

Good luck Jon.

Spot on. Got a lot of time for JS. Top bloke.

Sunday 2nd August for those interested. BT Sports 1 since they've covered the NL all season.

I'd like to see Harrogate in the league for some reason, but will they get the attendances needed to survive? Less than 2k most of the season and nearby are Leeds & Bradford. Also not too far away are York & Halifax, who although non league still reduce the pool of fans.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

Sunday 2nd August for those interested. BT Sports 1 since they've covered the NL all season.

I'd like to see Harrogate in the league for some reason, but will they get the attendances needed to survive? Less than 2k most of the season and nearby are Leeds & Bradford. Also not too far away are York & Halifax, who although non league still reduce the pool of fans.

Their owner said earlier that they would be the smallest club to have been in the league. I`m sure he means in modern times as there must have been some tiny ones back in the very early days but it does make you wonder if they could survive.

33 minutes ago, 054123 said:

******* Legend to me.

In sea of **** and sludge, he was the one player I somehow related to and that I felt was fighting to end for me.

Funny how some players connect like that.

Fammy is the next one.

Definitely similar players him and Fam. Great in the hair and both absolute workhorses. 

Would be happy for either team to be in the EFL, Harrogate are a new team in the EFL or atleast haven’t been there for a while  and Notts County don’t deserve to be where they are.

39 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Definitely similar players him and Fam. Great in the hair and both absolute workhorses. 

Would be happy for either team to be in the EFL, Harrogate are a new team in the EFL or atleast haven’t been there for a while  and Notts County don’t deserve to be where they are.

I think you may be confusing them with Han-Noah Massengo ?.

Always really liked Jon Stead. As others have said, always tried his hardest for us and gave his best on the pitch, even when others around him in that team (Albert always excepted too) were playing like dross!

And as well as being a good player, who clearly loves playing, he also just seems to be a top bloke.

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Their owner said earlier that they would be the smallest club to have been in the league. I`m sure he means in modern times as there must have been some tiny ones back in the very early days but it does make you wonder if they could survive.

Their owner is minted.

Its a similar situation to us, in respect that fans of other clubs don’t realise just how rich our owner is.

Jon Stead is the one player who’s player at Premier League level who’s played for us who’s come to AG and looked like he had played in the Prem. His hold up play and footballing brain were a cut above anyone we’ve had here for a long time. 

If you don’t love Steady, you’re not human. 

12 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Harrogate is a sizeable town. FGR play in a large village/ tiny town!

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Harrogate is a sizeable town. FGR play in a large village/ tiny town!

True. I did wonder if he was being a bit disingenuous TBH. Mind you, are FGR now a bigger club irrespective of the size of the town? You could argue that if, say, Bradford Park Avenue or Marine ever got back in the league they would be tiny clubs but from massive cities.

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

True. I did wonder if he was being a bit disingenuous TBH. Mind you, are FGR now a bigger club irrespective of the size of the town? You could argue that if, say, Bradford Park Avenue or Marine ever got back in the league they would be tiny clubs but from massive cities.

I'd love to see BPA back in the league...preferably in a redeveloped Horton Park Avenue ground. I've developed quite an interest in them, after seeing images of their ground (prior to demolition)...cracking place!

Are Marine still going? Makes me think of the results on Grandstand. Also, South Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I'd love to see BPA back in the league...preferably in a redeveloped Horton Park Avenue ground. I've developed quite an interest in them, after seeing images of their ground (prior to demolition)...cracking place!

Are Marine still going? Makes me think of the results on Grandstand. Also, South Liverpool.

I remember watching Somerset play Yorkshire at Bradford in the old JPL and the cricket ground was next door to the old BPA ground. It looked so sad with the stands falling apart, grass six feet high on the pitch with the goalposts sticking out of it.

Like Accrington, I would love them to get back in the league and yes, Marine are still going, playing in the NPL Division 1. South Liverpool seem to be in the West Cheshire League Division 1.

As an aside, I was doing some work at a Salvation Army hostel in Liverpool a few years back and the caretaker that I was liaising with played CB for Marine and played in the same Everton youth team as Bradley Orr.

15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Rushden & Diamonds, perchance?

As someone based in York, the possibility of Harrogate being a league team after Leeds finally got back into the Prem, while the Minstermen failed to get back to even the top tier of non-league is a thought a lot of locals here cannot bare thinking about.

Archived