Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Have a look at Android One.  That set of phones have pure android with no crappy vendor nonsense on.  I have a Nokia that I paid about £250 for from John Lewis and it's been perfect, battery lasts forever and does everything I need it to.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2020 at 17:23, Shaun Taylor said:

I need to buy a new smartphone sim free and have been looking at the Huawei P30 lite (new edition) so was wondering if anyone on here is using one and if so what their thoughts are or are there better alternatives for £250

I've got a Huawei P30, not lite, and love it. I mainly love the camera as it's as good as a £400 compact camera, so if you take a lot of photos it saves buying, carrying around a separate camera. Great HD video too

Everything else works fine. The only worrying side is the talk of Huawei being struck off from using Google apps which will be a bit of a disaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I would look at this

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8656762?clickSR=slp:term:mi 8:1:1815:1

I got the Mi8 a year ago, and this is the Pro for the same price I paid and I am happy with mine, but still a bit tempted by this, but I can’t ditch my phone after only a year! 

No it’s not an iPhone, but I am told it’s pretty close, and for the money, wow. 

Edit: After a quick look at the specs, it’s not toooo much different from mine, I’d better stick and not spend😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, RedM said:

Personally I would look at this

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8656762?clickSR=slp:term:mi 8:1:1815:1

I got the Mi8 a year ago, and this is the Pro for the same price I paid and I am happy with mine, but still a bit tempted by this, but I can’t ditch my phone after only a year! 

No it’s not an iPhone, but I am told it’s pretty close, and for the money, wow. 

Edit: After a quick look at the specs, it’s not toooo much different from mine, I’d better stick and not spend😀

Cheers Red I will check it out on YouTube plus argos are selling for £199. Can you tell what the build is like is it glass, plastic or both

Edited by Shaun Taylor
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I've got a Huawei P30, not lite, and love it. I mainly love the camera as it's as good as a £400 compact camera, so if you take a lot of photos it saves buying, carrying around a separate camera. Great HD video too

Everything else works fine. The only worrying side is the talk of Huawei being struck off from using Google apps which will be a bit of a disaster.

Many thanks for the info. The P30 looks really nice and is around £399 so I will have to decide if I want to spend that much 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the P30 Lite after my pro broke but get some noticeable lag/freezing when using using the browser which is annoying so wouldn't recommend it. That Mi8 looks great for the price though would snap that up before the stock is gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers Red I will check it out on YouTube plus argos are selling for £199. Can you tell what the build is like is it glass, plastic or both

Mine is plastic, not sure about the pro but I got mine in a sleek mirror like flip cover which protects the screen and is grippy on the back which suits me. I had a Samsung S6 edge before and the only thing that took me a while to get used to that this phone is a lot thicker, especially if you add the flip cover like I did, I’m used to it now though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought an honor 9 (made by huawei) around 2 years ago and its been brilliant. Think I paid 300 quid unlocked? As good, actually better than the Galaxy it replaced. 

As for the Google apps thing that Ralph mentioned, I thought that was supposed to happen in August last year? Anyway, all good so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...