IGNORED

Goalkeepers who have scored

Lanterne Rouge

16 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I know we have our very own Cash v Hull and Jimmy Glass famously scored to keep Carlisle in the league. There was also Jose Luis Chilavert who took the penalties for Paraguay but I came across this interesting story when looking for info about the 1969 Man City cup winning side.

Harry Dowd, the keeper they had after Bert Trautmann and before Joe Corrigan, broke a finger in a game in 1964 v Bury. As this was before subs were permitted an outfield player went in goal and Harry went up front where he promptly scored the equalizing goal! I bet he got bought a few pints round Moss Side after that!

I think I remember Chilavert taking a free kick in the world Cup for Paraguay possibly 98? 

Would have been the only world cup goal by a keeper had he scored I believe 

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I think Bruce grobbelar, got scored 2 pens in one season.

He said, paisley, i think, said he could take a pen, if they got one, and were 2 0 up.

They got one at 1 0 up, and he said he sprinted up field and took it anyway.

I think the other one he scored was in a euro shoot out,

I know Bruce scored for Crewe Alex but not sure he notched for the Mickey Mousers ....

1 minute ago, Port Red said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-bristol-city-goalkeeper-alhaji-704779

Our Former (I guess former as haven't heard of him recently) scored when on loan at Paulton a few years back.

Was at that game, next home game he nearly repeated the feat. Would like to know what happened to him at City as thought he had all of the attributes to make it. Last I heard he was playing non League for a club in the London area.

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Was at that game, next home game he nearly repeated the feat. Would like to know what happened to him at City as thought he had all of the attributes to make it. Last I heard he was playing non League for a club in the London area.

quick look at google shows he is now playing for Dartford alongside Jordan Winter and former loanee Matt Briggs

Archived