IGNORED

I want Middlesbrough away on the opening day of the season

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Hartlepool has a beach.

Im sure ive read, the hanging gardens of hartlepool are one of the eight wonders of the world.

I spent a couple of weeks working up there either side of bonfire night and it was like Beirut at night. A popular jape by the local scratters was to set huge fireworks off in phone boxes - you wouldn`t believe how loud that is and , to paraphrase Michael Caine, it did a sight more damage than just `blow the bloody doors off`!

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I spent a couple of weeks working up there either side of bonfire night and it was like Beirut at night. A popular jape by the local scratters was to set huge fireworks off in phone boxes - you wouldn`t believe how loud that is and , to paraphrase Michael Caine, it did a sight more damage than just `blow the bloody doors off`!

I lived in Norton (just north of Stockton-on-Tees) for nearly 8 years between 1989 and 1997 and Stockton wasn't a bad night out. Starting at the North end of the High Street (which had some great pubs) you pub crawled your way through 6 or 7 of then before hitting the clubs at the South end. 

43 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I lived in Norton (just north of Stockton-on-Tees) for nearly 8 years between 1989 and 1997 and Stockton wasn't a bad night out. Starting at the North end of the High Street (which had some great pubs) you pub crawled your way through 6 or 7 of then before hitting the clubs at the South end. 

I was staying in Yarm which apparently is where a lot of the Boro players live. The owner of the B&B I was staying in was a Darlington fan and treated me to my one and only visit to the Reynolds Arena where we watched an England Non-league X1 play Italy C.

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I was staying in Yarm which apparently is where a lot of the Boro players live. The owner of the B&B I was staying in was a Darlington fan and treated me to my one and only visit to the Reynolds Arena where we watched an England Non-league X1 play Italy C.

Yarm was also a great night out. You could start in the Pot and Glass in Egglescliffe village, walk down to the Blue Bell, across to the Cleveland Bay, across the road again to the Ketton Ox, then move on down the street to the Union Arms, Black Bull and George and Dragon before crossing the street once more to the Cross Keys for a pint or two downstairs before gointlg to the upstairs disco. 

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Hartlepool has a beach.

Im sure ive read, the hanging gardens of hartlepool are one of the eight wonders of the world.

Wasn’t a monkey found on the beach, believed to be a French spy, hanged for it, hence why Hartlepool’s unofficial nickname is “the monkey hangers” and their mascot called “hangus”?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t a monkey found on the beach, believed to be a French spy, hanged for it, hence why Hartlepool’s unofficial nickname is “the monkey hangers” and their mascot called “hangus”?

"hangus" ?? I thought he was the lead guitarist with AC/DC ?

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And the bloke who used to dress up in the mascot suit (might still do for all I know) was elected mayor.

2 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I didnt go in the play offs, but did go in the fa cup.

They beat us, i recall, and a hedgehog, had frozen to death on the terraces.

Anybody go to that fa cup game?

Yep. A bloody long way to lose 1-0. It was the round after the seemingly never ending Aldershot saga,

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Yarm was also a great night out. You could start in the Pot and Glass in Egglescliffe village, walk down to the Blue Bell, across to the Cleveland Bay, across the road again to the Ketton Ox, then move on down the street to the Union Arms, Black Bull and George and Dragon before crossing the street once more to the Cross Keys for a pint or two downstairs before gointlg to the upstairs disco. 

Tall Trees ?

Archived