IGNORED

Bristol City will place TWICE at Birminghams ground next season

24 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Coventry will continue to play at St Andrews(or what ever its called now) as Coventry have failed to agree to the owners of the Rioch Arena.

All though things could change

I noticed Coventry were playing Glasgow Rangers today in a friendly!

13 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Good shout as it seemed a little early for an English team to have a pre-season friendly 

Coventry have only been training for 10 days so they knew that Rangers would have a big advantage in terms of sharpness. The Gers kick off at the weekend v Aberdeen. Final score was Light Blues 2 Sky Blues 0.

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

Coventry have only been training for 10 days so they knew that Rangers would have a big advantage in terms of sharpness. The Gers kick off at the weekend v Aberdeen. Final score was Light Blues 2 Sky Blues 0.

Cheers for the info and I bet the Scottish league will be like any other year Celtic 1st, Rangers 2nd and like watching paint dry?

27 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers for the info and I bet the Scottish league will be like any other year Celtic 1st, Rangers 2nd and like watching paint dry?

I'm a big fan of Scottish football (I Know I'm in a minority) so I can't agree. Celtic are desperate to achieve 10 in a row for the first time in Scottish history (both Celtic and Rangers have done 9 in a row). Rangers will know they will be heroes forever if they can stop them. That should be a fascinating battle as both teams are equally desperate to achieve their goals. If football was played on paper, Celtic would win, but we all know it is not. Elsewhere, it will be interesting to see if the other teams pick up more points against the Old Firm now there are no fans at games. For half the teams in the league, they have fewer 'home' fans than the Celtic/Rangers support bring with them to games and losing that may affect the Old Firm.

If you are a gambler and you want to make a few quid, St Mirren should be a team who over achieve and gate crash the top six (don't come looking for me if you lose your money though ?).

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm a big fan of Scottish football (I Know I'm in a minority) so I can't agree. Celtic are desperate to achieve 10 in a row for the first time in Scottish history (both Celtic and Rangers have done 9 in a row). Rangers will know they will be heroes forever if they can stop them. That should be a fascinating battle as both teams are equally desperate to achieve their goals. If football was played on paper, Celtic would win, but we all know it is not. Elsewhere, it will be interesting to see if the other teams pick up more points against the Old Firm now there are no fans at games. For half the teams in the league, they have fewer 'home' fans than the Celtic/Rangers support bring with them to games and losing that may affect the Old Firm.

If you are a gambler and you want to make a few quid, St Mirren should be a team who over achieve and gate crash the top six (don't come looking for me if you lose your money though ?).

How about you put £20 on St Mirren for both of us and if they achieve something I'll give you £10 then we split the winnings?

Its needs the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, and the Dundee clubs etc  to improve Scottish football as outside the big two it's so hard for outsiders to take an interest as some of the small clubs aren't as big as team season in our national leagues.

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

How about you put £20 on St Mirren for both of us and if they achieve something I'll give you £10 then we split the winnings?

Its needs the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, and the Dundee clubs etc  to improve Scottish football as outside the big two it's so hard for outsiders to take an interest as some of the small clubs aren't as big as team season in our national leagues.

The lack of television money is what has really hammered Scottish football, like it has all the 'small' leagues around Europe. Sadly, gone are the days when the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee United, AZ Alkmaar, Gothenburg etc would be making major European finals.

If the SPL/Championship sides were dropped into the English set up with all the financial advantages etc, Rangers and Celtic would be challenging for the title within a few seasons, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs would be capable of being lower Prem or Top Championship teams, Dundee and Dundee United would be between lower championship and top of League One. The rest would fall between League One and the National League.

As for St Mirren, I'll get back to you when I know the odds ?

Archived