IGNORED

Ryan Lowe Just a little insight

Street red

A good video of Ryan Lowe just little idea of what he's like as manager..Not saying he will be are man or he's even on the list but he does have something about him,Seems another manager that would bring his assistant with him they work off each other so I would expect change if appointed.(Steven Schumacher)

If you listed the candidates I’d like, Lowe is bottom of that list.

Agree he has something about him but with talk of Premier League ASAP it would have been a tough sell from the get go. With everyone now aware we pursued Gerrard and having failed, as it would be in this scenario, to get Hughton over the line, it would be an uphill task from day one.

It would be a gamble, a bit of a leap, and that makes it kind of exciting. But it would be a massive comedown from Gerrard/Hughton and, unlike those two, I think it brings a high degree of risk.

Like I say it's just a little insight to what he's like and no he's not my ideal choice at all far from it.Still think he needs a few more years in management yet he needs to experience a few more high and lows yet to make that next big step but I think he will progress but just not at Bristol city right now. 

1 hour ago, Street red said:

A good video of Ryan Lowe just little idea of what he's like as manager..Not saying he will be are man or he's even on the list but he does have something about him,Seems another manager that would bring his assistant with him they work off each other so I would expect change if appointed.(Steven Schumacher)

That video was over a year ago and no different to Richie Wellens  

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Yeah I know very similar both should have good futures in management.

I didn't mean to diss what you had written and yes both should do well it also highlights how young Johnson was when got the job so he deserves a lot of credit for his time in charge 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As per the post by @The Dolman Pragmatist - have you admitted yet that you didn’t actually attend Oxford University as you couldn’t even spell the name of your college there?! ?

And the fact I pointed out he said he went to London Met after Bristol Uni previously under his other alias Londoner then it turns out he went to Oxford during the same period under Lez ?

Compulsive fantasist liar and a not very good one, it's so embarrassing that an assumed grown man is pretending to be something they aren't online.

Ryan Lowe has done remarkable things and is currently a rising talent, literally! No disrespect to any poster or Lowe but I would be flabbergasted if he is offered the job; just not the right candidate for where City now find themselves. And let's not belittle the achievements of Lee Johnson either. Along with the fabulous backing of Steve L and the obviously beneficial negotiation skills of Mark A our profile has not been this high since the late 70's. It was definitely past time to move on though.

Be an incredibly brave decision to go from Gerrard and Hughton to then appoint Ryan Lowe, I don't think its the right appointment at this stage really, I like the guy though so if it was him though I would be part excited and intrigued to see what he could do, just as much as I would Torrent, i'm sure most wouldn't though..

7 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I didn't mean to diss what you had written and yes both should do well it also highlights how young Johnson was when got the job so he deserves a lot of credit for his time in charge 

That's ok when you look at Lowe he's already done more than Johnson and wellens a far more experienced player,when lee was appointed back 4 years ago I also felt that the city job is to soon he hadn't gained any experience through promotions or play offs not had that feeling of managing a team to promotion,But we can't underestimate what lee done the city job isn't easy and for sure it's now even more of challenge now, which to me says the city job isn't right for these kind of managers currently.

1 hour ago, Street red said:

That's ok when you look at Lowe he's already done more than Johnson and wellens a far more experienced player,when lee was appointed back 4 years ago I also felt that the city job is to soon he hadn't gained any experience through promotions or play offs not had that feeling of managing a team to promotion,But we can't underestimate what lee done the city job isn't easy and for sure it's now even more of challenge now, which to me says the city job isn't right for these kind of managers currently.

Good points you make and Johnson probably lacked experience to take you further but he may well bounce back with a decent league one team or a smaller championship club after having some time off 

10 hours ago, Lez said:

What you on about. 

You posted on here a couple of days that you went to “Magdalan College” at Oxford University, then @The Dolman Pragmatist replied to you and pointed out to you that it is actually “Magdalen College” and expressed surprise that an ‘Oxford Graduate’ would not be able to spell the name of the College they attended - that is what I was on about ...

13 hours ago, Street red said:

I watched this a couple of weeks back.  I didn’t see anything that screamed “bright, young manager, must be our next appointment”, but this doesn’t really show what success he’s had in 2 seasons either.

He shouldn’t be top of our list, but I suspect there’s more to him than we see in this video.

Archived