IGNORED

Robins tv 20/21 season

Littlesh*t

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is for Robin's tv for next season if they intend to do similar deals to this year?

I personally wasn't a season ticket holder this year but this the options open to ST holders was pretty crap and the £10 a game was massively over priced so I didn't bother.

I am not sure what other clubs charged and I know the club need an income but I feel that they would have sold a lot more at £5 a game.

So basically just curious how many would pay £230 for all home games or £460  for all games 

Until we can't get into the games, it's a great option. 

I'm not sure how £10 for a private stream, that's not available through any other source, is over priced to watch your teams games, at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Until we can't get into the games, it's a great option. 

I'm not sure how £10 for a private stream, that's not available through any other source, is over priced to watch your teams games, at the moment. 

Each to there own but I am not a great fan of football on tv anyway. I have seen little bits of a few games since it restarted and it just isn't the same.

The price point is a tricky one. People are used to paying for Sky/BT packages where games would work out at far less than £10 a game so £10 for an isolated match does feel high. On the other hand, £10 for a ticket to a game would be low and this is supposed to be the next best thing even though it's an inferior product to Sky/BT.

In theory, a household of ST holders could watch a game for £10 which would bring the cost right down. Not really sure what I think.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The price point is a tricky one. People are used to paying for Sky/BT packages where games would work out at far less than £10 a game so £10 for an isolated match does feel high. On the other hand, £10 for a ticket to a game would be low and this is supposed to be the next best thing even though it's an inferior product to Sky/BT.

In theory, a household of ST holders could watch a game for £10 which would bring the cost right down. Not really sure what I think.

Yeah exactly this. Seems worse the tail eld of this season because there were so many games in such a short space. Next season they will be more spread out so won’t feel like £10 every 3 days.

13 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Yeah exactly this. Seems worse the tail eld of this season because there were so many games in such a short space. Next season they will be more spread out so won’t feel like £10 every 3 days.

Would probably be fine if we were winning, but after paying for Sheffield Weds at home and watching such a tepid performance I felt a bit short changed !

I think £10 a game is over-priced for the product and I didn’t pay it.

Over the course of the season, that works out nearly as much as my Sky TV subscription (which I have everything) plus Netflix.

Hopefully this time they have time to think about monthly packages or something to perhaps bring the cost down slightly if you are subscribing/buying batches of games.

As someone who already renewed their season ticket for next season before all of this happened I will not be settling for just a replacement stream. 

I hope the club offer a few more options for season ticket holders, and not make those who take refunds feel like they're not letting the club down. 

It seems as if we won’t be allowed to attend matches at AG until at least October so if the club offer a similar deal to SC holders next season I definitely won’t be going for the Robins Tv option entirely because of the 35sec lag. I found it really irritating knowing a goal was scored before it was shown ‘live’ on Robins tv so much so that I didn’t bother in the end.

45 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Isn’t the same as what?

A) not the same as a live game

B) not the same as games on tv with fans there.

For me the passion that spills onto the pitch from the fans can't be recreated by sound over the tannoy. I know they can't help this but I just think the price should be reflected more in this. 

22 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I think £10 a game is over-priced for the product and I didn’t pay it.

Over the course of the season, that works out nearly as much as my Sky TV subscription (which I have everything) plus Netflix.

Hopefully this time they have time to think about monthly packages or something to perhaps bring the cost down slightly if you are subscribing/buying batches of games.

Not sure I agree.  

I appreciate everyone's situation is different.

For me living abroad to come watch a game with my boys, as I had booked for Sheff Weds, was expensive (£90 tickets alone).  So £10 for 3 of us to watch a game.  Yes I think its a fair price

3 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

A) not the same as a live game

B) not the same as games on tv with fans there.

For me the passion that spills onto the pitch from the fans can't be recreated by sound over the tannoy. I know they can't help this but I just think the price should be reflected more in this. 

I can see alot of people going for the refund option next season if it’s offered which i think would really shake the club. This all just needs to hurry up and get back to normal doesn’t it.

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is for Robin's tv for next season if they intend to do similar deals to this year?

I personally wasn't a season ticket holder this year but this the options open to ST holders was pretty crap and the £10 a game was massively over priced so I didn't bother.

I am not sure what other clubs charged and I know the club need an income but I feel that they would have sold a lot more at £5 a game.

So basically just curious how many would pay £230 for all home games or £460  for all games 

Hopefully they do the same where you pay once and the rest of the games are mysteriously free ?

1 minute ago, soultrader said:

Not sure I agree.  

I appreciate everyone's situation is different.

For me living abroad to come watch a game with my boys, as I had booked for Sheff Weds, was expensive (£90 tickets alone).  So £10 for 3 of us to watch a game.  Yes I think its a fair price

No I agree, £10 for 3 people to watch a game is a fair price. 

I think £10 for 1 person to watch a game, is a little too much if they are going to be a regular watcher. 

Like you say, each to their own. I won’t pay it, but I’m sure some will ?

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It seems as if we won’t be allowed to attend matches at AG until at least October so if the club offer a similar deal to SC holders next season I definitely won’t be going for the Robins Tv option entirely because of the 35sec lag. I found it really irritating knowing a goal was scored before it was shown ‘live’ on Robins tv so much so that I didn’t bother in the end.

How did you know a goal was scored? Just switch off other notifications 

I thought the Robins TV was OK to be honest and as said elsewhere it was improving towards the end, the alternative feed for the Boro game was disappointing but at least we were not abandoned.  The pundit format needs tweaking perhaps, TM was very good and Lisa doing the interviews was fine, the odd ex player invited in however would be good.

I will take this again as part of my season ticket until we’re allowed back.

The individual £10 charge seems OK.

The 35 seconds issue ? Really ....?

I'm a TV producer. In my professional opinion Robins TV isn't bad, Lisa Knights is a good, professional, presenter, but the content looks to me like the cheapest possible thing you could throw together at short notice and call 'match coverage'. What it isn't is a product that you can directly substitute for a seat at the ground to watch the match. At the end of the season ST holders, myself included, accepted it as just that...I'm not sure I'd do so again, and I'm not sure that the club can assume that ST holders will do so without offering something with greater added value.

I hope they are working on that. They'll need to sell it to supporters.

I thought it was very good especially if they are going to carry on getting guests like Gary Johnson. The camera angle on Lisa Knights and the guests was a little awkward. I would pay £10 per game if I have no other plans but probably not organise my day around being in front of the screen at match time.

18 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

How did you know a goal was scored? Just switch off other notifications 

What happened was......I have alerts on my phone, IPad and watch, plus I have SPN on mute on tv.........:cool2:...so it’s pretty difficult to avoid knowing a goal has been scored particularly when they show it on SPN.......

Price wise it’s a difficult balance.

As people have said, if there are there of you watching the stream and you split the cost then it’s fine. However, £10 for one person to watch a game on TV seems a bit much. It makes sense there would be a split in opinion on the value.

Add to this the quality of football people were paying to watch. Let’s be honest, if the whole of next season becomes a write off in terms of fans being allowed in grounds, yet we are flying high and fighting for promotion, a lot more people will be willing to pay £10 per game to watch on TV.

31 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm a TV producer. In my professional opinion Robins TV isn't bad, Lisa Knights is a good, professional, presenter, but the content looks to me like the cheapest possible thing you could throw together at short notice and call 'match coverage'. What it isn't is a product that you can directly substitute for a seat at the ground to watch the match. At the end of the season ST holders, myself included, accepted it as just that...I'm not sure I'd do so again, and I'm not sure that the club can assume that ST holders will do so without offering something with greater added value.

I hope they are working on that. They'll need to sell it to supporters.

They can start by doing a deal with the BBC to use the radio Bristol matchday commentary on the video stream.

As an overseas viewer I can tell I never had any difficulties with the streaming: clear picture, never frozen, easy acces and payment (watched every game after the restart). What I don't understand ( I can assume it is because of some advertising purposes ) though I'm not complaining is why does a game cost £10 for fans in England when to overseas its only £5....

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What happened was......I have alerts on my phone, IPad and watch, plus I have SPN on mute on tv.........:cool2:...so it’s pretty difficult to avoid knowing a goal has been scored particularly when they show it on SPN.......

Ooooh look at me I have lots of technology.

Turn the TV off, switch off notifications, don't wear your watch. It's not really that difficult is it.

You're not a stupid person so stop acting as if you are.

:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

As an overseas viewer I can tell I never had any difficulties with the streaming: clear picture, never frozen, easy acces and payment (watched every game after the restart). What I don't understand ( I can assume it is because of some advertising purposes ) though I'm not complaining is why does a game cost £10 for fans in England when to overseas its only £5....

I think this is the agreement the EFL clubs originally came for matches that could have been televised in the UK pre Covid19 as they would impact attendences. If anything I think the cost of watching on internationally will probably rise.

Archived