IGNORED

Robins tv 20/21 season

Littlesh*t

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the picture once I had managed to work out how to get the picture from my laptop on to my TV.

The bits that weren’t the match footage were definitely a mixed bag though, Lisa Knights is a reasonable enough interviewer & the players (usually Morrell or Moore) did a decent enough job of answering her questions.

The Downsy stuff got repetitious very quickly though & the commentators, Jesus Christ, they are so bad.

You could play a drinking game about how many times they would suggest Kasey Palmer should come on & would be hammered by half time & their inability to consider we were ever playing badly was borderline North Korean.

As it appears highly likely next season will kick off with no spectators in the stadium & no way can all ST holders be accommodated even if some are allowed back in from October, so I guess the club has little choice but to offer this again.

If so, I do hope they give some thought to the non match content, as there is plenty to improve there.

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

I think £10 a game is over-priced for the product and I didn’t pay it.

Over the course of the season, that works out nearly as much as my Sky TV subscription (which I have everything) plus Netflix.

Hopefully this time they have time to think about monthly packages or something to perhaps bring the cost down slightly if you are subscribing/buying batches of games.

You pay less than £40 per month for Sky (with everything) and Netflix!! 
Wow. You’ve cut a great deal there! 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It seems as if we won’t be allowed to attend matches at AG until at least October so if the club offer a similar deal to SC holders next season I definitely won’t be going for the Robins Tv option entirely because of the 35sec lag. I found it really irritating knowing a goal was scored before it was shown ‘live’ on Robins tv so much so that I didn’t bother in the end.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

How did you know a goal was scored? Just switch off other notifications 

Surprise surprise. 
Robbored complaining about something that is 100% within HIS OWN control. ?

I think overall the actual match action has been fine - which essentially is what we’re wanting. 
I avoid the pre and post match stuff. Why anyone would want to sit through Downsy and Knights I don’t know. 
Main thing they need to get right next season is the commentary. 
As Graham says, a little less North Korea would be good. 
A cheaper ‘season ticket’ style pricing would be good for those who don’t have free access from their ST. 
£10 per game is quite expensive to be fair. 

I thought the Robins TV coverage was pretty insulting to be honest if you are over the age of 10.

Why can’t they have some guests on who can actually do some analysis for the game, rather than providing something so unwatchable for the average viewer like “higher or lower”? It’s a bit insulting to those who do watch football on Sky or BT to have this unwatchable content on their own team’s stream. 

The content doesn’t even have to be done live for COVID reasons. They could easily show 5 minute snippets of  analysis that has been pre-recorded by someone.

There are many knowledgeable posters who do this sort of thing for free on the forums and on podcasts after each match.

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

You pay less than £40 per month for Sky (with everything) and Netflix!! 
Wow. You’ve cut a great deal there! 

£44 per month including Netflix and HD add-ons?

Threaten to leave at EVERY renewal and be fully prepared to do so!

It seems as if we won’t be allowed to attend matches at AG until at least October so if the club offer a similar deal to SC holders next season I definitely won’t be going for the Robins Tv option entirely because of the 35sec lag. I found it really irritating knowing a goal was scored before it was shown ‘live’ on Robins tv so much so that I didn’t bother in the end.

Did you not read my previous replies to you on this? ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

How did you know a goal was scored? Just switch off other notifications 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

What happened was......I have alerts on my phone, IPad and watch, plus I have SPN on mute on tv.........:cool2:...so it’s pretty difficult to avoid knowing a goal has been scored particularly when they show it on SPN.......

As I said previously, the BC media team had there own Robinstv stream playing, so that they could delay their notifications, tweets, etc.  I never got a notification ahead of anything happening on any of my screens.

With SSN (not SPN!), just press pause at kick off for two minutes, as I suggested previously.

You could do something about it...if you wanted to? ?

46 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

As an overseas viewer I can tell I never had any difficulties with the streaming: clear picture, never frozen, easy acces and payment (watched every game after the restart). What I don't understand ( I can assume it is because of some advertising purposes ) though I'm not complaining is why does a game cost £10 for fans in England when to overseas its only £5....

Isn’t the international annual pass £110?

For me, a price point of £10pg seems very expensive.  £460pa!!

Of course it’s cheaper than having a season ticket and getting a ticket to every away game, but watching on tv is no way near as good as going to the game.

7 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I thought the Robins TV coverage was pretty insulting to be honest if you are over the age of 10.

Why can’t they have some guests on who can actually do some analysis for the game, rather than providing something so unwatchable for the average viewer like “higher or lower”? It’s a bit insulting to those who do watch football on Sky or BT to have this unwatchable content on their own team’s stream. 

The content doesn’t even have to be done live for COVID reasons. They could easily show 5 minute snippets of  analysis that has been pre-recorded by someone.

There are many knowledgeable posters who do this sort of thing for free on the forums and on podcasts after each match.

I send Toby my “What can we expect?” Notes for each game.  I hear him quote some of my player notes in lots of games.

When Robinstv moved their commentary position into the area I sit, I’d often go through the opposition team sheet with him to guess what formation and who’d play where....sometimes we had to do the same with City, as LJ’s system wasn’t obvious either.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I send Toby my “What can we expect?” Notes for each game.  I hear him quote some of my player notes in lots of games.

When Robinstv moved their commentary position into the area I sit, I’d often go through the opposition team sheet with him to guess what formation and who’d play where....sometimes we had to do the same with City, as LJ’s system wasn’t obvious either.

You will have people out of work or recently graduated Media students who would snap your arm off for a 6 month internship for BCFC in the current climate, for a low price or even for free.

I would imagine they would cherish the opportunity to create some top quality content for a platform such as RobinsTV that they could use in a portfolio when looking for work in post-COVID times. 

It would certainly be far better than the crap that is churned out now which has me tuning in two minutes before kickoff. 

I really don't understand comparisons with Sky, BT, NetFlix etc. This is a service that allows you to watch Bristol City Home and Away from the comfort of your own home for a tenner a match. Just for comparison, a tenner is two pints of lager OR Fish and Chips, curry Source and a can of coke OR enough petrol to get you a couple of hours up the motorway. What do people expect? The match to take place in your garden? Lisa Knights to serve you half time beers topless? Carragher and Neville to pop into the studio for some cutting edge analysis? Brian Moore to be dug up to provide commentary?

Surely City supporters are pleased to get the opportunity to watch matches in these unprecedented times.

Madness people are comparing Sky value and production with 13 million customers to Robins TV that runs in the thousands and expect on par results.

That with the fact you can't even watch your own club on Sky!

Also other people saying it's not the same as watching in person or with crowds on TV I have no words. I'm sure people like you just like to moan at the club.

They've done great in a small timeframe in my opinion especially with all the naysayers on here saying Robins TV was going to fail before it was up and running for ST holders.

If £10 isn't worth watching your team with no other choice then stick to Radio Bristol.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, David Woody said:

From memory of setting up robins tv with the ST voucher, it runs until June 2021. Therefore access to next season is already covered?

I noticed that too

I assumed it was because I'd purchased next seasons season ticket 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Madness people are comparing Sky value and production with 13 million customers to Robins TV that runs in the thousands and expect on par results.

That with the fact you can't even watch your own club on Sky!

Also other people saying it's not the same as watching in person or with crowds on TV I have no words. I'm sure people like you just like to moan at the club.

They've done great in a small timeframe in my opinion especially with all the naysayers on here saying Robins TV was going to fail before it was up and running for ST holders.

If £10 isn't worth watching your team with no other choice then stick to Radio Bristol.

It's not the coverage people are commenting on it's the presenting that's very amateur in parts

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

As someone who already renewed their season ticket for next season before all of this happened I will not be settling for just a replacement stream. 

I hope the club offer a few more options for season ticket holders, and not make those who take refunds feel like they're not letting the club down. 

Agree with all of your statement P'head Red.

As a Landsdown Ticket Holder, I'd be paying £66 per month!

4 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

Each to there own but I am not a great fan of football on tv anyway. I have seen little bits of a few games since it restarted and it just isn't the same.

I'd agree with that. I'm not a TV football lover either, but for now, it's the only way we can be involved. 

40 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You will have people out of work or recently graduated Media students who would snap your arm off for a 6 month internship for BCFC in the current climate, for a low price or even for free.

I would imagine they would cherish the opportunity to create some top quality content for a platform such as RobinsTV that they could use in a portfolio when looking for work in post-COVID times. 

It would certainly be far better than the crap that is churned out now which has me tuning in two minutes before kickoff. 

Yes, could be used as a real opportunity for someone.

On an aside, if the new style pre-match / match / post-match Robinstv is going to continue (appreciate it was pulled together quickly) then it needs some improvement.  Especially if they are going to package it all season.  We know 20k+ won’t be attending, so there is a number of SC holders at least who will expect a refund or an alternative.  That alternative is Robinstv and it does need some tweaks.

I messaged Dave Barton with some feedback, and I know someone else on here did too.  Dave did reply, saying “he’d look into it”, So we’ll wait and see.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

My biggest concern with Robins TV is that i can't watch each single game due to Sky & international broadcasting. Well. I would like to watch the game anyway and would be happy to pay extra for Sky games (£10 per game) and international broadcasting (£5 per game). Sort it out.

Rights issues basically. 

Would need to be negotiated between Sky and the EFL.

49 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I really don't understand comparisons with Sky, BT, NetFlix etc. This is a service that allows you to watch Bristol City Home and Away from the comfort of your own home for a tenner a match. Just for comparison, a tenner is two pints of lager OR Fish and Chips, curry Source and a can of coke OR enough petrol to get you a couple of hours up the motorway. What do people expect? The match to take place in your garden? Lisa Knights to serve you half time beers topless? Carragher and Neville to pop into the studio for some cutting edge analysis? Brian Moore to be dug up to provide commentary?

Surely City supporters are pleased to get the opportunity to watch matches in these unprecedented times.

Agreed. I was actually pleasantly surprised at what they served up. Not perfect by any means, and of course not up to the standards of Sky etc, but not bad. Certainly they could fine tune it with a few more features, a couple of football pundits, but I don’t think people have an appreciation of how difficult Tv is to make, and to make it look slick. 

Unfortunately you’re never going to get past the in house bias.

If they offered a match only package which began at 2.55pm at £5 without all the stuff around it, would most people prefer that instead? 

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

The new season starts on September 12th in 7 weeks time.  I have been looking online, but without success, does anyone know when the new season fixture list is released, please?

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

No date yet set for the fixture list

Unknown waters. It's often 5-6 weeks before the season but I suspect we won't have an indicator until the playoffs done.

Still barring any hitches, 12th September is the planned resumption date.

I've been pondering getting it back end of this season just gone but in the end largely stuck with Radio Bristol as I often do for away games.

I suppose a question is, what's the time lag like? Robbored mentions 35 seconds for a goal being scored and it appearing on Robins TV.

My plan was to get it and stick it on mute with Radio Bristol commentary,but is there a particular lag between the two? Quite like Owers tactical analysis certainly.

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Absolutely. 460 quid seems a lot though.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've been pondering getting it back end of this season just gone but in the end largely stuck with Radio Bristol as I often do for away games.

I suppose a question is, what's the time lag like? Robbored mentions 35 seconds for a goal being scored and it appearing on Robins TV.

My plan was to get it and stick it on mute with Radio Bristol commentary,but is there a particular lag between the two? Quite like Owers tactical analysis certainly.

Sadly you can’t watch it and listen to the radio - shame Robins tv can’t pair it up with the bbc feed which they do have as an audio only option I think? 

It’s a personal choice at the end of the day. What may feel like fair value to one person, may not to another. That doesn’t make them right or wrong. 

A season ticket in the South Stand works out at £16 a game. That to me is good value. Appreciate travel, parking costs but the club don’t benefit from those in most cases anyway. 

If they could offer some sort of discount for bulk purchases, say monthly (probably can’t do a season ticket for UK based people because fans may be back in grounds this season) then I think it would look more appealing and something I personally would prefer.

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

As someone who already renewed their season ticket for next season before all of this happened I will not be settling for just a replacement stream. 

I hope the club offer a few more options for season ticket holders, and not make those who take refunds feel like they're not letting the club down. 

Absolutely. Like an idiot I was guilted into foregoing my refund by their email and took the streaming option, but having paid in full for my 20/21 ticket, assuming we aren’t allowed back in, I want a full refund before Sep 12th. 

11 minutes ago, eric04 said:

Sadly you can’t watch it and listen to the radio - shame Robins tv can’t pair it up with the bbc feed which they do have as an audio only option I think? 

There's a gap then? Shame, felt like a possible ideal combination.

Portable radio and Robins TV was my idea, there's rights issues IIRC with respect to online commentary of local radio when it comes to live sport. 

Archived