IGNORED

Robins tv 20/21 season

Littlesh*t

Just now, Davefevs said:

Same here, pre-Covid....Toby with a pro next to him, having two commentators (Post-Covid) doesn’t work imho.

It needs to be made more into a pre-match “programme” than a filler hour.

I appreciate it was put together quickly....but now is the time to learn and improve it.

Pre-game get video of the last 5/10 goals (or last 2/3 games) the opposition have scored/conceded and have the pro on commentary/studio talking through strengths we need to be careful of, weaknesses we could exploit etc. Just seems its set up for sponsors and to fill out the stuff people don't really listen to in the stadium before the game/half time.

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Did you prefer pre or post covid coverage? For me pre-covid was better. I enjoyed the stripped back no frills coverage. Just bam, here's your football and that's it.

I'd agree with that yeah pre was a bit better.

Robins TV has come a long long way. The fact we are not discussing the terrible camera work of the early days confirms that. 

Its a solid platform now and something to build upon. It's a lifeline for us expats and allows me personally to have a deeper connection to the club. 

I think they all need a massive thank you and keep up the good work.

However international broadcasting rights are the absolute shits and not all games are available here in Canada. If DAZN decide not to broadcast it (more often than not they don't) there is no way to legal view it. 

If I could have a suggestion. It would be to have a web page that you can go to and watch the game after it's done without the score plastered all over it. 

Stevo 

17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Pre-game get video of the last 5/10 goals (or last 2/3 games) the opposition have scored/conceded and have the pro on commentary/studio talking through strengths we need to be careful of, weaknesses we could exploit etc. Just seems its set up for sponsors and to fill out the stuff people don't really listen to in the stadium before the game/half time.

Depending on how much I think I know about the opposition, that’s exactly one if the things I do...look at recent goals (see my Boro thread), possession stats, formations (inc changes throughout game), etc etc.

They could even get one of the analysts to cut the videos etc.

6 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Robins TV has come a long long way. The fact we are not discussing the terrible camera work of the early days confirms that. 

Its a solid platform now and something to build upon. It's a lifeline for us expats and allows me personally to have a deeper connection to the club. 

I think they all need a massive thank you and keep up the good work.

However international broadcasting rights are the absolute shits and not all games are available here in Canada. If DAZN decide not to broadcast it (more often than not they don't) there is no way to legal view it. 

If I could have a suggestion. It would be to have a web page that you can go to and watch the game after it's done without the score plastered all over it. 

Stevo 

Think the camera thing is onlu temporary and a Sky post Covid break thing. We will get back to the usual.

As I will be unable to attend games at Ashton Gate until vaccinated against Covid, I welcome BCTV and will happily pay whatever it takes to be able to watch matches.  The season tickets are already paid and I am happy for all normal funds plus a supplement for the TV to go back to the club because they must be suffering in terms of their finances right now and I would like there still to be a Bristol City to watch when all this virus crap is over.  

One thing I loved which the media team did a few years back was this video.

They've done similar since, but this is the one that sticks out as it was the first one.

This sort of access all areas content is what could set platforms like Robins TV apart from Sky/BT and would create better value for money.

Another cool feature would be the option to switch audios, I'd love to have the manager mic'd up and be able to hear what he says instead of commentary.

I think the way to make Robins TV brilliant is features like this - things that make you feel like you're getting an exclusive and are much closer to your club. Just a slightly substandard version of the same product BT or Sky offer will always make people feel a bit short changed. 

I see one or two complaining about the pricing, but how many watch RobinsTV on their own?

In our case, we 3 season card holders watch the games together, so the cost divided by 3 is less than the price of a pint.

Being able to watch away games as well as home is another bonus as the cost of travel, tickets, food and drink for an awayday can be eye watering (OK, sandwiches, a flask and a few cans is not too bad).

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I see one or two complaining about the pricing, but how many watch RobinsTV on their own?

In our case, we 3 season card holders watch the games together, so the cost divided by 3 is less than the price of a pint.

Being able to watch away games as well as home is another bonus as the cost of travel, tickets, food and drink for an awayday can be eye watering (OK, sandwiches, a flask and a few cans is not too bad).

Obviously when you divide the cost it's better value for money - but the same rule applies for Sky TV, Netflix or similar. It's reasonable for people to judge it at face value for one person.

Archived