IGNORED

Elliason off to Turkey?

RedRoss

44 minutes ago, Super said:

Shame. His time here has been wasted due to the management.

FFS let it go. Why is it that some want to turn every post in to having a veiled snipe at LJ or MA or both. His time has not been wasted, indeed his stock has risen considerably in the last 2 years which is why he's attracting interest from the likes of Fenerbache and Lazio. LJ has gone and the club is moving on. Why can't some people on here do the same. 

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

FFS let it go. Why is it that some want to turn every post in to having a veiled snipe at LJ or MA or both. His time has not been wasted, indeed his stock has risen considerably in the last 2 years which is why he's attracting interest from the likes of Fenerbache and Lazio. LJ has gone and the club is moving on. Why can't some people on here do the same. 

Might be attracting bigger clubs had he been used better instead of the play/bench/out the squad routine.

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

Would like to see Niclas part of the starting 11 next season.....some genuine wing play required to inject some pace and excitement.

I disagree would prefer we went without wingers next season. Eliasson came good sell him for a profit.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Leeds dont play with wingers neither do brentford or Fulham but I suppose they must be sad too.

Elliason is a very good player and I think majority of City fans would prefer that he stays as he will only get better. I think you like to be contradictory just for the sake of it.

1 minute ago, Yank said:

Elliason is a very good player and I think majority of City fans would prefer that he stays as he will only get better. I think you like to be contradictory just for the sake of it.

No I prefer tika taka pass and move football flooding the centre of the pitch....very fluid.....cant do that with wingers.

Contradictory? Is bielsa wrong not to use wingers?

5 minutes ago, Lez said:

Leeds dont play with wingers neither do brentford or Fulham but I suppose they must be sad too.

Oh I see Lez. Well that's settled then. I think Brentford might be a tad disappointed that you relegated them to a lower case b. Although you did acknowledge that "there's only one F in Fulham". 

Just now, TheCulturalBomb said:

Where did he finish for assists in the league? How many games was he not played or came off the bench. Despite being arguably the best person to unlock a teams defence. 

Confirms LJs confusion re tactics.

A very good player, albeit a very limited one in that we have to play a certain way to accomodate him, which wasn't the best formation for our team this season. Unlikely to agree to a new deal, so I say sell him for whatever we can get him now.

3 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

A very good player, albeit a very limited one in that we have to play a certain way to accomodate him, which wasn't the best formation for our team this season. Unlikely to agree to a new deal, so I say sell him for whatever we can get him now.

Our best game of the season was the 5-2 win over Huddersfield when we used  4-4-2, with Eliasson both scoring and assisting. 

The away win at Fulham was also 4-4-2 with an Eliasson assist. . . 

All just speculation until we have a manager in place talk of players leaving and being out of contract is just nonsense.. once new man in place this (and if the club offers) might make certain player more likely to sign a new contract... we need the new man in asap to stop this...

4 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Our best game of the season was the 5-2 win over Huddersfield when we used  4-4-2, with Eliasson both scoring and assisting. 

The away win at Fulham was also 4-4-2 with an Eliasson assist. . . 

The team couldn't seem to put a performance in consistently with it, though. 3-5-2 seems to be the best formation with the current crop of players.

I personally feel that if a club that's playing some form of European football comes in for him, he'll be off.

17 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

The team couldn't seem to put a performance in consistently with it, though. 3-5-2 seems to be the best formation with the current crop of players.

I personally feel that if a club that's playing some form of European football comes in for him, he'll be off.

Under LJ the above would probably be true - sadly!

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I agree regarding the digs around LJ however we as fans have not seen the best of NE.

That absolutely can’t be disputed and the main reason for that is most likely down to LJ and his use/lack of use of him.

NE is extremely talented. Ok so he is a little lightweight, has at times drifted in and out of games but he will always create chances.

Our home form in terms of results and performance has been poor. We have lacked SO much in the final third yet we have a player with the creative flair of NE, yet haven’t been able to accommodate him or get the best from him. This has been no fault of his so unfortunately it comes back to Johnson on this one.

If we can get a good fee for him this summer then he’ll definitely be sold. It’s just whether the post-covid finances will mean any club offers us what we value him at. 

It’s our model. Buy young, sell at profit.  I think we signed him for £1.5m. Sell 3 years on for 2 or 3 times, making good profit to compete and stay in FFP. 

Whilst he’s a good player in specific situations, his all round game is quite weak. 
If we can triple our money (ie £4.5m) we’ll be doing very well. 

Archived