IGNORED

Elliason off to Turkey?

RedRoss

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Another player whose performances I’ve been critical of, but like Fam, I don’t lay all the blame at the players feet....in this case his left foot!

He undoubtedly is a talented ball player, sweet left foot, quick feet, pacy from a standing start.  He crosses a lovely ball, but when on the right he hits the first man too often.  He stands a better ball up from the left side....think last week v Swansea for the pen (Fam would’ve scored easily imho), Palmer’s header v Boro, Fam again v Shrews.

But his work off the ball, both to receive and defensively are immature.

This affects his ability to be more involved even when City aren’t playing well, and like you I think he could be a real threat in between the lines of the penalty area.

For some of this the blame could / does lie at LJ’s door, because he hasn’t progressed this side of his game over the last 2 seasons....I still see the same issues.

He is definitely good enough for the new manager to think, let me get hold of him, I’ll turn him into the complete “winger” / wide player / inside forward.

He might think he’s his most saleable asset though. ?

No reason for Eliasson to stay here he can double his wage elsewhere and possibly get champions league football. This is the problem with these foreign signings they dont see the English leagues as their future course.

4 hours ago, BOSRed said:

All good, we have jonny smith coming through who has better all round ability. Yes, untested at this stage for championship and yes, not putting eliasson down but smith has the ability to run at defenders with both feet, scores goals, assists, is quick to boot.

he would also be a very cost effective replacement that could prove to be a gem. Needs a chance at his age too or should be sold on but would like to see him get a chance like many other youngsters at our club

Brilliant to have someone like that. Doesn't really work having our players running with one foot and their hands

Sorry mate. Couldn't resist it.

Eddie Waring "He's only got little legs but he makes them run fast"

Shame to not see the full potential of NE but I always felt for past 12 months  in interviews that he was only here to demonstrate what he can do and take a step up. Of all players he shows zero feelings towards the club - body language suggest he sees himself in a better team.

The only way he stays is if the club digs in & refuse to sell.

Sadly we are just a stop off on his way to playing at the highest level he can reach.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Wade Wilson @BritAbroad

Only real way I could see both Eliasson fitting and our game accommodating would be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3...perhaps a 4-2-3-1 with the right player ie Brownhill when we had him, potentially Walsh or someone like Johansen of Fulham to shuttle between supporting the attack and dropping into a 3.

4-4-2 leaves us exposed in the middle or would be likely to, 4-1-4-1 again with the right central pair in front of the '1' could be a goer but I have doubt we'd pick or have the right players in central positions!

3-4-3, with sort of wideish forwards- think like Wolves of 2017-18- we'll likely never know but Eliasson wide left, Weimann wide right- NOT as wingers but wide forwards- and say Wells central.

I would love to see us with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, I think they both suit us way better than 5-3-2 (I’ve never been a huge fan of wingbacks as I feel they leave a team too exposed). With either of those two you could actually even naturally fit in Palmer!

Wells and Fam can both do well on their own up top, especially if they have a CAM flying in behind them. I just feel Eliasson, for whatever he lacks, is just too good to leave out. You wouldn’t drop a poacher for scoring would you? 

49 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I would love to see us with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, I think they both suit us way better than 5-3-2 (I’ve never been a huge fan of wingbacks as I feel they leave a team too exposed). With either of those two you could actually even naturally fit in Palmer!

Wells and Fam can both do well on their own up top, especially if they have a CAM flying in behind them. I just feel Eliasson, for whatever he lacks, is just too good to leave out. You wouldn’t drop a poacher for scoring would you? 

4-3-3 seems good. If I have a reservation with 4-2-3-1, it's that say Palmer in the central isn't the best defensively or in the centre.

Paterson maybe but there's always a bit of a question about both Palmer and Eliasson in same side in terms of outnumbering either on one side or in central phases 2 v 3. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

4-3-3 seems good. If I have a reservation with 4-2-3-1, it's that say Palmer in the central isn't the best defensively or in the centre.

Paterson maybe but there's always a bit of a question about both Palmer and Eliasson in same side in terms of outnumbering either on one side or in central phases 2 v 3. 

One thing I would love to see us try is a 4-2-2-2 a la RB Salzburg with Eliasson at one of the 2 wider CAMS. Salzburg mostly played and converted wingers to play there (like Minamino). They’d protect the two CAMS with two battlers at CM (Usually a box-to-box and one more defensive deep lying playmaker). I feel that kinda tactic would suit us perfectly tbh. 

This is making me laugh and cry with the situation we are finding ourselves in.

This could potentially be Eliasson off, Famara off, our board are apparently allowing Baker to be sold if an offer comes in. Smith, Nikki, Williams out of contract. Afobe, Pedro, Benkovic loan ended. 

What ******* squad do we have left???? Season starts in what? 6 weeks? And we are pissing about giving interviews to anyone that applies seemingly. Jesus christ, next season is anyone's guess. 

Wonder if he was asked to pay his Judo subs in advance?

That might well have bearing on his decision to stay or go.

Could well be that he has another terms down the community centre before he can take his green belt and if he has shelled out thirty quid for 10 weeks of lessons and they aren't refundable he might be happy to stay.

19 hours ago, RedRoss said:

I know it's looked likely for a while but looking more certain now.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/turkish-giants-want-bristol-city-attacker-transfer-talks-underway-agent/

If so, I can't see him staying, he's be in the CL surely?

9 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

One thing I would love to see us try is a 4-2-2-2 a la RB Salzburg with Eliasson at one of the 2 wider CAMS. Salzburg mostly played and converted wingers to play there (like Minamino). They’d protect the two CAMS with two battlers at CM (Usually a box-to-box and one more defensive deep lying playmaker). I feel that kinda tactic would suit us perfectly tbh. 

Shame we don't have a box-to-box or deep lying playmaker.

I don't think Turkey would be a good choice: he could play in European Cups and gain more money, but the level of the Turkish league is quite low, compared to other 1st level-leagues, so I'm not sure he would get much attention from bigger clubs and Swedish national team.

9 hours ago, Atticus said:

This could potentially be Eliasson off, Famara off, our board are apparently allowing Baker to be sold if an offer comes in. Smith, Nikki, Williams out of contract. Afobe, Pedro, Benkovic loan ended. 

What ******* squad do we have left???? Season starts in what? 6 weeks? And we are pissing about giving interviews to anyone that applies seemingly. Jesus christ, next season is anyone's guess. 

2CCBD93E-9D66-4520-A25A-FE99204757B1.thumb.jpeg.e6e3bbf211842ab0902423aedd9edb26.jpeg

Annotated with shading for true 1st team squad (23), CD for Club Developed (5) and asterisk (2) for those with rumoured interest.

Bit conflicted about this.

Undoubtedly one of the best crossers of a ball I have seen in all my years of going to football, but do you set up a starting 11 to accommodate him, and do you build a side around one of our most talented players who is also not able to guarantee the consistency you need to have opposing sides terrified of him.

When Adomah was first with us, he got about 4 months in to the season before sides worked him out and double-marked him, which then left gaps elsewhere.

Could see him dazzling with 10 players around him who are suited to a formation that gives him the freedom to attack but without any real defensive duties, but at the same time, he might be destined for a career coming off the bench as a final 20 minute game changer.

If there was a sensible off on the table for him, I'd probably cash in now, especially as noises seem to indicate he wouldn't necessarily sign a new deal.

On 27/07/2020 at 18:56, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Saw a Burnley journalist on twitter saying that they are interested in signing him.

Can see that happening - it’s in their budget range, played with JB who will pay a bigger role next season & can whip in crosses for the big lads.

On 27/07/2020 at 03:39, Atticus said:

Worrying is a weak word for next season. Niclas, Famara, Afobe, Benik gone. COD playing from start, Im everything but not optimistic. Wells on top and nothing behind, midfield that not works. Fearing we gonna be low table.

8 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Burnley, Fernebache, Lazio, Villareal and other Clubs dont understand football when they want to buy a player who cant make a place in the starting eleven in Bristol City, he he.

An Agent and Video-Editor’s dream....all those sellable skills in vast quantity.

A professional recruitment team’s nightmare....why is this so called brilliant player (from the video we’ve just been sent)  not starting every week.

???

Archived