IGNORED

Premier League final day

Lanterne Rouge

Delighted Bournemouth went down, Mickey Mouse club who are backed by dodgy Russian money, play in a L1 ground & who fiddled FFP to get promoted.

Delighted Watford did too, their treatment of Pearson was embarrassing & their 3 club ownership model & total blandness is boring.

Villa are by far the biggest of the 3, but they have some seriously odd fans, the odious Terry & Grealish & got a point they certainly didn’t deserve against Sheff U.

Shame Norwich did so poorly, would have much preferred them to stay up than any of these.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Stayed up by the point they robbed off Sheff Utd, imagine my shock. Jammiest ***** going I swear. 

Here's a little run of their luck.

Crystal Palace at home- Went to shit after survival secured.

Everton away- Been shit for some time now.

Arsenal at home- Made multiple changes, was the game in between two massive efforts to beat Liverpool and then in the Cup Man City. The game trhough befpore the Cup final- places to play for.

West Ham away- Had survived ahead of today- may not have been on it.

That's before we even look at the ridiculous goalline tech issue.

7 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Watford & Bournemouth down.

Small clubs back down where they belong.

Don't understand the hate for Villa at all,

Massive club with a Rich history, classic ground and massive fanbase.

Proper top flight club all day long.

I happen to agree with you...can't be denied that Villa are a top flight club...I've always rather liked them. Surprised fellow fans detest them so much!

I'm happy with the three going down. Gives us a better chance.

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Looks like being another wide open Championship for the forthcoming season let’s not screw it up again .

Exactly. 3 teams coming down none are likely to run away with the league.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What rubbish- Sakho had a goal disallowed early doors.

Vile club, vile fans- hell Vile is their nickname by Birmingham fans and how right they are.

Wasn't VAR, it was a literal 1/god knows how many error by goal-line tech,

What rubbish, you arent talking about the correct game

Just now, Bullbag said:

Fine thanks.

And no i'm not a Villa fan.

People seem to have short memories on here.

The way Bournemouth got to the PL in the first place was a disgrace spending way beyond their means and only getting a fine as punishment.

Piss take.

Watford and their constant sacking of managers, they must think they're something special.

Well they're not.

Joke of a club.

Aston Villa broke FFP over 3 seasons or would've done if not for use of hotly disputed loopholes- had 3 years to get back into line with included Parachute Payments.

Or did you selectively forget that!

Did you selectively forget how ignorant and arrogant their fanbase is.

Entitlement from Smith down.

2 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Yep some on here are laughable.

Must live seriously miserable lives.

Starfkr alert.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I happen to agree with you...can't be denied that Villa are a top flight club...I've always rather liked them. Surprised fellow fans detest them so much!

I'm happy with the three going down. Gives us a better chance.

Vile club. High proprtion of scummy fans too.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Really on one today Poppy

Ha if you think based on attendance- taking attendance into isolation though, that we should be top 6 then that overlooks a lot of factors, as you've said through the season about attendance and then on here top 6 etc.

Hope Bournemouth pursue this case or look at doing so.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Delighted Bournemouth went down, Mickey Mouse club who are backed by dodgy Russian money, play in a L1 ground & who fiddled FFP to get promoted.

I was sad for Bournemouth, but only because I lived there. You are quite accurate about how they achieved promotion.

The Christchurch-Bournemouth-Poole conurbation is quite a large place. Certainly larger than the home of many teams that maintain a PL presence. And despite the stereotype, it's not full of retired gentlefolk. It famously has more nightclubs than Manchester. 

However, it has the problem that most of its population came from elsewhere in the post-war years. Most children are born into families who support other teams - if they have any interest in football at all.  It also has a council that is so anti-football that it makes BCC look like a paragon of support.

I'd like to see the Cherries build and prosper. But organically, not as an artificial plaything of Russian gangsters.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Aston Villa broke FFP over 3 seasons or would've done if not for use of hotly disputed loopholes- had 3 years to get back into line with included Parachute Payments.

Or did you selectively forget that!

Did you selectively forget how ignorant and arrogant their fanbase is.

Entitlement from Smith down.

We did not break FFP.

1 minute ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

We did not break FFP.

Aaaaaand right on cue!

"Or would've done if not for use of hotly disputed loopholes- had 3 years to get back into line with included parachute payments."

Congratulations on your survival I suppose but the fixtures fell just a bit favourably...

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ha if you think based on attendance- taking attendance into isolation though, that we should be top 6 then that overlooks a lot of factors, as you've said through the season about attendance and then on here top 6 etc.

Hope Bournemouth pursue this case or look at doing so.

They have no case

I'm in Bussage Hill at the moment. Closer to Bristol than Birmingham.

I wasn't aware there was so much hatred for us from you guys. Disappointing.

Especially when personally I look out for your results and check up on Wiemann and Baker.

Your battle isn't with us. Never was. I still believe Bristol City is a club on the up. We, the Villa that is are merely trying to recover to where we once were 5 years ago. We are still a mess compared to back then.

Just now, Maltshoveller said:

So the ref didnt give a goal when the ball went over the line!!

Hope Germany dont ask for thew 66 game to be none and void with our goal!!!

I'd be genuinely interested to see a legal analysis of it- not a dig at you, just online generally. It's such a unique situation and the money involved now.

Archived