IGNORED

Premier League final day

Lanterne Rouge

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Vile club. High proprtion of scummy fans too.

I can only say that all the Villa fans I've met have been salt of the earth decent folk. And I love their ground...even if away fans get tucked in a  corner!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd be genuinely interested to see a legal analysis of it- not a dig at you, just online generally. It's such a unique situation and the money involved now.

You seem to forget (or not know) that we have been on the bad end of a couple VAR/refeereing decisions this season as well. Notably at Palace where we had a legitimate equaliser disallowed costing us a point.  I feel your seething hatred of us (which I wasn't aware of until now) is clouding your judgement.

1 minute ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

I feel your seething hatred of us (which I wasn't aware of until now) is clouding your judgement.

Why are you on a Bristol city forum an hour after you stayed up? Go and celebrate maybe ? Enjoy another season struggling at the bottom whilst shitting it over the summer that your golden boys are sold

4 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

You seem to forget (or not know) that we have been on the bad end of a couple VAR/refeereing decisions this season as well. Notably at Palace where we had a legitimate equaliser disallowed costing us a point.  I feel your seething hatred of us (which I wasn't aware of until now) is clouding your judgement.

I'd have to look back at the season in fairness- simmered down since the final whistle, was kicking every ball at the time. :laughcont:

I'd be fuming if I was Bournemouth though- even Watford to an extent, had the necessary equation changed for them because of the error but Bournemouth most definitely.

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I can only say that all the Villa fans I've met have been salt of the earth decent folk. And I love their ground...even if away fans get tucked in a  corner!

Yeah true, simmered down- Villa Park is an interesting one, distinct lack of pubs around the area itself let alone for away fans.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd have to look back at the season in fairness- simmered down since the final whistle, was kicking every ball at the time. :laughcont:

I'd be fuming if I was Bournemouth though- even Watford to an extent, had the necessary equation changed for them because of the error but Bournemouth most definitely.

Yeah true, simmered down- Villa Park is an interesting one, distinct lack of pubs around the area itself let alone for away fans.

I'd be fuming if I was a Watford fan! And yes, Villa Park never appears to sit in the most cosy and welcoming of districts for the visitor.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There are good pubs around VP, you just need to know where they are. The Yew Tree accepts away fans as it's owned by a Villa hating Bluenose.

11 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

To be fair we've had some melons of Villa fans on here previously who seemed to just be here for antagonistic purposes.

To be fair my disappointment isn't on 'VAR' decisions but purely it being a technical error from Hawkeye. Said earlier in this thread I almost would have preferred you beating Villa so the gap was bigger than that 1 point and discussion could all stop. At least we get a season without Villa and Leeds ? so Sky will just focus on Wayne Rooney's Derby County ?

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't worry Mr Pop.

I'm sure Villa will have a miserable time next season.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

To be fair we've had some melons of Villa fans on here previously who seemed to just be here for antagonistic purposes.

To be fair my disappointment isn't on 'VAR' decisions but purely it being a technical error from Hawkeye. Said earlier in this thread I almost would have preferred you beating Villa so the gap was bigger than that 1 point and discussion could all stop. At least we get a season without Villa and Leeds ? so Sky will just focus on Wayne Rooney's Derby County ?

Another Day in Paradise was one, did little to endear himself.

The second one though was a real prat- Delta. 

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Don't worry Mr Pop.

I'm sure Villa will have a miserable time next season.

I don't know- it'll interesting to see how it goes there, but they seem to have sorted out the defensive side somewhat- credit for that. Maybe the way the fixtures fell helped too?

Another year of PL TV money, combined with 1 year less of Championship FFP considerations ie £22m increased allowable 3 year loss- gives them a certain amount of leeway to strengthen. Very wealthy owners don't forget- shouldn't need to sell anyone, unless there are buyout clauses.

Should also add the fact they brought so many players- another year of bedding in is sure to help. Might've helped Fulham too had they stayed up in Year 1.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tweets such as these are the reason why people may at best raise eyebrows with respect to Aston Villa.

Literally typed into Twitter Mings McGinn Grealish and this was the first result- what can I say! ?

That's some side that- Kinnell! Oblak, Koulibaly, Alaba, Coutinho, Lewandowski, Mbappe?? Kinnell!!

To be fair I see that as an obvious piss take/joke

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, true- Twitter is Twitter too.

Like if it had been a team filled with Dean Henderson, Calvert-Lewin, Hudson-Odoi etc then yeah perhaps but the standard of player involved is clear piss take.

16 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

After Walsall you guys are the club I want to see do well.

Cheers.

A few fans on here obviously dislike your club for their own reasons, and are getting a bit carried away - imo - this evening, but they don't represent all City fans.

I expect the vast, but quiet, majority who are not posting on this thread have no strong feelings on Aston Villa either way.

I'm quite happy that Bournemouth and Watford have gone down.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tweets such as these are the reason why people may at best raise eyebrows with respect to Aston Villa.

Literally typed into Twitter Mings McGinn Grealish and this was the first result- what can I say! ?

That's some side that- Kinnell! Oblak, Koulibaly, Alaba, Coutinho, Lewandowski, Mbappe?? Kinnell!!

When we signed Stan Collymore in the late 1990s my fellow Villa fans were screaming that we were going to win the Premier League.

All clubs have their quota of idiots.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cheers.

A few fans on here obviously dislike your club for their own reasons, and are getting a bit carried away - imo - this evening, but they don't represent all City fans.

I expect the vast, but quiet, majority who are not posting on this thread have no strong feelings on Aston Villa either way.

I'm quite happy that Bournemouth and Watford have gone down.

I respect what Eddie Howe has done at the Cherries. But Im happy that Leeds are back. The Premier League needs fresh blood though. I'm hoping that Brentford come up. Next season I'll be rooting for Bristol City and Forest. There is amazing potential at your club.

3 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

I respect what Eddie Howe has done at the Cherries. But Im happy that Leeds are back. The Premier League needs fresh blood though. I'm hoping that Brentford come up. Next season I'll be rooting for Bristol City and Forest. There is amazing potential at your club.

Sadly you could have cut and pasted that any time over the last 20 years!

22 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

Thanks, we're a sleeping giant. Except the giant is stuck in a coma and, when it awakes, it'll have narcolepsy. 

I really think that us staying up is definitely the best result for you lot. Had we gone down, I would've backed us for auto promotion places. 

With Bournemouth and Watford going down, I have absolutely no clue who is going to be the favorites for promotion next year. Think they will both be in absolute shambles for a while. I would think that you lot would be up there, especially if Hughton goes in. 

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

After the absolute disgusting decision they had away to Palace I dont think the Sheff Utd result matters in any way 

Think I made this point in the villa thread, but every team (bar Man United) have had their fair share of VAR decisions go against them. 

Not wanting to make this a specific Villa related post, but I can think of several VAR incidents that cost us big time which I am not sure if they are correct. 

That Palace one is legitimately one of the worst officiating decisions I've ever seen 

2 hours ago, visitingholte said:

I really think that us staying up is definitely the best result for you lot. Had we gone down, I would've backed us for auto promotion places. 

With Bournemouth and Watford going down, I have absolutely no clue who is going to be the favorites for promotion next year. Think they will both be in absolute shambles for a while. I would think that you lot would be up there, especially if Hughton goes in. 

I'm thinking the EFL would've had some quite rigorous FFP analysis of your club tbh. I've read articles which intimated that they were furious that you avoided some of your proper scrutiny last season via promotion. 

Parry would've been right on the case, like he has been with Derby and Sheffield Wednesday.

That was a key reason behind hope for relegation. The EFL needed a chance to properly analyse the finer detail of your financials. They never got the full chance owing to promotion.

Sadly won't happen but hope your club leverages itself big with fees and wages and comes down next year. Comeuppance is overdue.

Archived