IGNORED

Premier League final day

Lanterne Rouge

3 hours ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

I respect what Eddie Howe has done at the Cherries. But Im happy that Leeds are back. The Premier League needs fresh blood though. I'm hoping that Brentford come up. Next season I'll be rooting for Bristol City and Forest. There is amazing potential at your club.

I think you're a bit odd and I say that with respect as you don't seem ARROGANT which for a Villa Fan is unheard of.

Your Bell-End mate DELTA came on here giving it large with plenty of ARROGANCE.

We're Aston Villa don't you know who we are!

We're Aston Villa, don't you know we won the European Cup nearly 40 years ago.

We're Aston Villa oh look at all these little Championship Clubs, oh bless!

We're Aston Villa we play 46 and we win 46.

Get the drift why you're one of the most hated clubs in the country.

A bit of respect when you came down to the Championship would have gone a long way, but it didn't happen, so that's why you are hated so much!

So there you go mate, not a personal pop at you, but you've asked many times why you're hated and there it is, I can't be anymore honest than that.

2 hours ago, visitingholte said:

I really think that us staying up is definitely the best result for you lot. Had we gone down, I would've backed us for auto promotion places. 

With Bournemouth and Watford going down, I have absolutely no clue who is going to be the favorites for promotion next year. Think they will both be in absolute shambles for a while. I would think that you lot would be up there, especially if Hughton goes in. 

Which players do you think you'd have sold/how much would you have brought in? The outlay last summer was significant and with no/little income outside parachute payments would you have been able to recruit well enough? 

2 hours ago, visitingholte said:

Think I made this point in the villa thread, but every team (bar Man United) have had their fair share of VAR decisions go against them. 

Not wanting to make this a specific Villa related post, but I can think of several VAR incidents that cost us big time which I am not sure if they are correct. 

That Palace one is legitimately one of the worst officiating decisions I've ever seen 

For me its not VAR though its a fault with the technology not working properly, VAR is interpretation this is just straight technical and no one bothered to check VAR because the technology didn't indicate the ball had crossed the line.

Just on a single Aston Villa note.

Was watching back some extended highlights of our game up there last season.

I remember at the time arguing that Weimann's goal was just about offside, I say at the time, more like the post match debate on here. Watched it back a few times- I don't think it was you know! Not wholly convinced in any case.

Though I found this- draw your own conclusions. ?‍♂️

E29-EA65-B-5838-455-A-A574-D0-B50379-FDC

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm thinking the EFL would've had some quite rigorous FFP analysis of your club tbh. I've read articles which intimated that they were furious that you avoided some of your proper scrutiny last season via promotion. 

Parry would've been right on the case, like he has been with Derby and Sheffield Wednesday.

That was a key reason behind hope for relegation. The EFL needed a chance to properly analyse the finer detail of your financials. They never got the full chance owing to promotion.

Sadly won't happen but hope your club leverages itself big with fees and wages and comes down next year. Comeuppance is overdue.

I don't disagree with anything you said in the first part. Villa said we passed FFP during that season (assuming that is down to the VP sale), which I'm guessing Rick Parry and a few other owners would've loved to oversee.

On a related note, and this discussion could probably get moved over to the FFP thread, but in your mind would you give clubs a FFP break(for a period like 6 months) should it be sold to new owner? Everything I read about our owners (NSWE) was that they came in at the 11th hour to save us from Dr Xia's reign of rampant overspending on dross. Are they not allowed to invest their own money at that point with regards to FFP? Genuinely curious, as not allowing that would surely disinterest folks from buying ffp-troubled clubs that are on the brink? 

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Which players do you think you'd have sold/how much would you have brought in? The outlay last summer was significant and with no/little income outside parachute payments would you have been able to recruit well enough? 

I think we probably have(d) a gentleman's agreement with Grealish to let him go. I think if we had been relegated he would've fetched around £45-50 mil.

A rough estimate of the others would include :

Mings £25-30 mil

Douglas Luiz (there are rumors of a Man City buyback but not sure how much, I've seen between £25-35 mil)

McGinn £25-30 mil

there are a few others, but I don't think they would've made a huge difference in price. 

I would have no clue who we would have been in for (possibly Brentford for a few)

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

For me its not VAR though its a fault with the technology not working properly, VAR is interpretation this is just straight technical and no one bothered to check VAR because the technology didn't indicate the ball had crossed the line.

I agree with you that it's not specifically VAR's fault, and I believe they absolutely must start using the pitch side monitors. With the "ghost goal", it seems likely that the VAR in that case trusted the GLT and didn't bother to look at it again. It's also plausible that they couldn't have given a goal because although it definitely looks like the ball is in from my point of view, it might not have for the VAR at that time. 

6 hours ago, visitingholte said:

I don't disagree with anything you said in the first part. Villa said we passed FFP during that season (assuming that is down to the VP sale), which I'm guessing Rick Parry and a few other owners would've loved to oversee.

On a related note, and this discussion could probably get moved over to the FFP thread, but in your mind would you give clubs a FFP break(for a period like 6 months) should it be sold to new owner? Everything I read about our owners (NSWE) was that they came in at the 11th hour to save us from Dr Xia's reign of rampant overspending on dross. Are they not allowed to invest their own money at that point with regards to FFP? Genuinely curious, as not allowing that would surely disinterest folks from buying ffp-troubled clubs that are on the brink? 

Worth noting that Parry and Harvey have a different approach. To say the least- a lot would have depended on how these EFL cases v Derby and Sheffield Wednesday go. Precedent set and all that!

Maybe that initial (even if flawed) authorisation trumps all regardless. However these were seemingly approved or not objected to by Harvey but Parry with his credentials has a different view- we'll see! 

I don't know what the regs say with respect to such issues tbh, certainly never seen anything with respect to it. It's a fair point that.

I suppose my problem is that in a sense some expenditure did continue, the way the plan seemed to go was to escape the issue (to an extent in any case) via promotion as opposed to making more cutbacks during the season itself. The ground sale and HS2 may well have been looked at in some depth.

It was notable that despite Parachute Payments dropping as they did, as they always do  in Year 3, both wages and despite the use of loans so shockingly did amortisation.

Even if not hitting the exact figures, pushing on with further expansion as parachute payments fall and then settling it with a stadium sale and leaseback is very different in intent to showing some austerity. 

You had rather a lot out of contract going into summer 2019 but at the same time was final season of parachute payments so the two may negate. 

Further discussions on this should be on the FFP thread, agreed.

13 hours ago, Sniper said:

I think you're a bit odd and I say that with respect as you don't seem ARROGANT which for a Villa Fan is unheard of.

Your Bell-End mate DELTA came on here giving it large with plenty of ARROGANCE.

We're Aston Villa don't you know who we are!

We're Aston Villa, don't you know we won the European Cup nearly 40 years ago.

We're Aston Villa oh look at all these little Championship Clubs, oh bless!

We're Aston Villa we play 46 and we win 46.

Get the drift why you're one of the most hated clubs in the country.

A bit of respect when you came down to the Championship would have gone a long way, but it didn't happen, so that's why you are hated so much!

So there you go mate, not a personal pop at you, but you've asked many times why you're hated and there it is, I can't be anymore honest than that.

Fair enough. Please understand that many Villa fans had become accustomed to top flight status and found relegation difficult. Many of these fans used to moan with over-confidence bordering on arrogance when things were going well. We'd insist on big name signings and accuse the board of lacking ambition.

Archived