IGNORED

On to the serious stuff - Swansea v Brentford

Lanterne Rouge

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Oh, Mr. Stroud, yes we can see you on TV again.

The big thing people don’t think about is the angle the referee saw the incident from. Everyone just comments on the angle they have seen it on the tv!, how many replays did they show? how many replays does the referee get ??

For me the most interesting part was how the Swansea player clearly slowed down to invite the challenge, then made a massive meal out of it.

I don’t think that it was a sending off at all, but don’t slag the referee off when from his angle it probably looked like it was. 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

The big thing people don’t think about is the angle the referee saw the incident from. Everyone just comments on the angle they have seen it on the tv!, how many replays did they show? how many replays does the referee get ??

For me the most interesting part was how the Swansea player clearly slowed down to invite the challenge, then made a massive meal out of it.

I don’t think that it was a sending off at all, but don’t slag the referee off when from his angle it probably looked like it was. 

Ref HAS to be sure for a red. Disagree.

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

This is the sort of Wimp ass stuff that's ruining the game. He's one the ball clean and then gets penalised for it. Excessive force? They've both gone full pelt for the ball and the Swansea player has used as much force as Rico Henry. Its likely Brentford won't appeal it but that doesn't mean it was right. Joke decision. 

The decision isn't a joke. It sounds like it's the rule you have issue with...

As soon as Henry lunges in like with his studs up and foot off the ground, he's at risk of committing serious foul play and no doubt he knows this.  Silly tackle to make on the halfway line. Them the rules, I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I remember Derrick Williams getting sent off at Blackburn(?) for a very similar challenge. If you go to ground and have your feet off the floor you`re giving the ref a decision to make.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As soon as Henry lunges in like with his studs up and foot off the ground, he's at risk of committing serious foul play and no doubt he knows this.  Silly tackle to make on the halfway line. Them the rules, I'm afraid. 

You get all the transfer stuff wrong, you get my name wrong, and you get this wrong. Common theme.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember Derrick Williams getting sent off at Blackburn(?) for a very similar challenge. If you go to ground and have your feet off the floor you`re giving the ref a decision to make.

This is football not tiddlywinks.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Here's that meal being made. He's gone large with it, for sure!

image.gif.70885785479f08307b8aa7b4b8a96978.gifad7f141f-7cac-4e62-9203-cd5086ef77b1.jpg

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You still fancy Brentford to overturn a 1-0 deficit across two legs. Two legs massively advantages a team like Brentford.. 

I fancied them to see off Barnsley but massively choked. They do need to score the next goal in this tie(s) that’s for sure 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We will agree to differ. You talked about excessive force but the only excessive force was on the ball not on Connor Roberts. Stroud was in no position to rule that a red card. Noticeably, not that I want his interference, the 4th official standing only a few yards away doesn't call it. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We will agree to differ. You talked about excessive force but the only excessive force was on the ball not on Connor Roberts. Stroud was in no position to rule that a red card. Noticeably, not that I want his interference, the 4th official standing only a few yards away doesn't call it. 

That is certainly a matter of opinion...

Just now, Coombsy said:

kid in riot often good with information 

you seam to have a problem with some posters 

I have a problem that he calls me Simon, who the **** is Simon? He pretends to be itk just like he pretends he knows who I am. 

57 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There can`t be too many better pundits discussing the Championship these days than Gary O`Neil and Jobi MacAnuff. They both talk so much sense and really get it.

Compared to that arse Keith Andrews......................................

O’Neil does a decent job....but been impressed with McAnuff post-covid.  Not watching today though.

47 minutes ago, Lez said:

I have a problem that he calls me Simon, who the **** is Simon? He pretends to be itk just like he pretends he knows who I am. 

You're saying that is weird I remember when you insisted on here you knew the poster James by face and he had no idea  who you we're.

Takes one to know one guess..

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Anyway, definite sending off without any doubt.

Brentford seem to have lost the plot last few games and strongly fancy Swansea to finish 'em off.

Cardiff v Swansea final ? Tasty.

Why do some Welsh clubs play in the English leagues and some not? Seems generally accepted but what’s the back story?

Red all day long for me, and I like to see a good strong tackle. Nathan Baker is superb at it, without being dangerous.

He is a split second from possibly breaking his leg.

Always say it’s a cowards tackle when you go in with your studs up like that, very little chance of you getting hurt, and a good chance you’re going to hurt the other player.

Archived