IGNORED

On to the serious stuff - Swansea v Brentford

Lanterne Rouge

8 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Would love to see Brentford go up and just may be the people in charge at our club will think... this is what happens when you promote from within.

:whistle:

What a superb football team Brentford are.......we (as already as been mentioned) are light years away from this standard.  They took a gamble with a young foreign coach, and it has paid off.  The final between Fulham and them will be too close to call.  But whoever loses will surely go up next year?

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What a superb football team Brentford are.......we (as already as been mentioned) are light years away from this standard.  They took a gamble with a young foreign coach, and it has paid off.  The final between Fulham and them will be too close to call.  But whoever loses will surely go up next year?

He was Dean Smith's assistant at Brentford before he left for Villa so it probably wasn't that much of a gamble.

59 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I'd be frustrated to see them make the prem before us (they'd be the 50th team to compete in the rebranded top flight) but would love to not have to play them for a while. Whereas the Swans can be a fairly happy hunting ground, even if there fans are nards.

What - no more last minute stealing of points at Griffin Park!

Interesting stat about the number of teams - I knew it was a lot but not possibly 50.

4 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

He was Dean Smith's assistant at Brentford before he left for Villa so it probably wasn't that much of a gamble.

Yep I know..........but it was still a calculated risk, appointing from within.  But he obviously had a good pedigree, unlike our assistants, if we were to appoint from within?  God forbid.

4 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

You cut into Brentford Bacon and it says “Danish”.  Well ingrained into the club, and had a decent pedigree back home with Danish age groups, and Brøndby.

Said a few seasons back, don’t bother with our scouting, just bug Brentford’s analytical team and offer a few £££ more than them for the players they identify. 

Quite depressing how far off we are from mounting a realistic challenge for the Premier League. 

21 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Everyone's raving about Brentford and rightly so, they are a fantastic team.

But when they employed Dean Smith, wasn't he a coach from a lower division with no Championship experience ?

And when he left didn't they just appoint from within i.e. Thomas Frank ?

Just a thought.

Yeah. Nice one. Here's another thought: that was Brentford, run by Matthew Benham. We're Bristol City, not run by Matthew Benham.

21 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Made I larf when he started pointing at everyone else and blaming them for his **** up!

He’s always looked like a car crash to me. Don’t think he’ll last too long in the PL if Brentford make it!

Archived