IGNORED

Dean Smith

Lenners

£150m spent in one season and just limped over the line to safety on the last day?

Jury still out for me, not sure getting that Villa side out of the championship was anywhere near the achievement it was lauded as at the time. 

Personally I’d rather have Hughton. 

Not overly keen on him.

Always seems to be a bad loser and makes excuses in his post match interviews. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

£150m spent in one season and just limped over the line to safety on the last day?

Jury still out for me, not sure getting that Villa side out of the championship was anywhere near the achievement it was lauded as at the time. 

This too.

I'd snap your hand off for Smith, if we don't get Hughton.

Who else would work under our conditions? Not that I have any idea what they actually are!

Who else could we realistically get that will do better? Not that I have any idea how things would work out either way.

14 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I'd snap your hand off for Smith, if we don't get Hughton.

Who else would work under our conditions? Not that I have any idea what they actually are!

Who else could we realistically get that will do better? Not that I have any idea how things would work out either way.

Would rather we went for the Barnsley manager than Smith.

Wouldn't be against it but can think of 2 or 3 I'd prefer

Tick

• Promotion to the PL
  • Brentford experience of buy to sell 
  • Can get teams playing good football (bigger tick for fans who complained on that subject)
  • Experienced head at championship level

Cross

• Media style
  • The spend last summer, may need to monitor spending which he may not like
  • His comments after Sheffield Utd 'goal', would Lansdown like someone with that integrity after Leeds previous season?
  • (Need to check) Brentford operate with a 'B' team rather than academy, how many of their B team were promoted to 1st team?

52 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Was he behind that though? Agree he should’ve been higher than where they finished but he did brilliantly to get Villa up, did a great job at Walsall and then Brentford developing the younger players and getting them in the top half most seasons. Would be happy with him for sure

I've just done a check of his wiki to remind myself of his earlier years. Three things at Walsall:

Beat the Gas 6-1

Got to Wembley in 2015 ?

Signed Dean Holden ?

At Brentford he managed 9th, 10th, 9th, which is decent for them and they played entertaining football.

I reckon I'd take him.

18 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Was he behind that though? Agree he should’ve been higher than where they finished but he did brilliantly to get Villa up, did a great job at Walsall and then Brentford developing the younger players and getting them in the top half most seasons. Would be happy with him for sure

Surely Villa were always among the hot favourites to go up

Archived