IGNORED

Benik Afobe

Mr Popodopolous

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hadn't seen that when I posted Dave. Nice article and puts options into perspective. Weimann didn't suddenly just become a bit player. He was asked to play a different role which didn't suit his goal scoring possibilities, so the goals dried up. I can't help but think there is a more productive player in there somewhere however you certainly can't fault his effort.

8 hours ago, Taz said:

Damn you with your statistics. You're getting in the way of a good argument here....

Haha I wasn’t arguing really. I just don’t see it being a huge difference in quality as Mr Fevs also just proved. I’d like both to be in the squad next year. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Not too sure about that.

His contract with Stoke terminates at the end of June '21 but I was under the impression that his loan was up till 31st May ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benik-afobe/profil/spieler/110858

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not too sure about that.

His contract with Stoke terminates at the end of June '21 but I was under the impression that his loan was up till 31st May ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benik-afobe/profil/spieler/110858

That’s interesting....happy to be wrong on this, @BobBobSuperBob  ??‍♂️ my response to you too.

39 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I guess we will see. Have the Euros  been cancelled?

Not yet, but I think depending on how long this "suspension" lasts it may be put back until next year?

Either that or cancel it completely, and all current qualifying countries automatically qualify for 2022? 

37 minutes ago, Taz said:

Not yet, but I think depending on how long this "suspension" lasts it may be put back until next year?

Either that or cancel it completely, and all current qualifying countries automatically qualify for 2022? 

If the domestic seasons are extended they may have to move it. I heard yesterday that they were considering 2021. 

1 hour ago, Whites said:

Moved in to a house in Clifton this weekend, hopefully it's permanently and not rented.... 

Let`s hope so - if it`s permanent it might mean we`ve done the deal. I presume he`s spent lockdown with his family in Surrey (I`m sure that`s where LJ said he went to see him after Amora`s sad death) so he needs to be back in Bristol for training when it restarts.

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If there was a silver lining to this from a footballing perspective it’s that we could have Benik available for more of the season than we thought!

A fit Benik, with Nahki, Fam and Andi, could do some serious damage If we start playing again. That's got to be one of the most dangerous set of attacking options in the division hasn't it? we may have time for Nahki to build a slightly better partnership with the others too.

We also have Tomas firing after, hopefully, shaking off all the niggles he's has this season. As LJ said, he hasn't been fully fit IIRC.

We're looking very strong IF we do start up again.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A fit Benik, with Nahki, Fam and Andi, could do some serious damage If we start playing again. That's got to be one of the most dangerous set of attacking options in the division hasn't it? we may have time for Nahki to build a slightly better partnership with the others too.

We also have Tomas firing after, hopefully, shaking off all the niggles he's has this season. As LJ said, he hasn't been fully fit IIRC.

We're looking very strong IF we do start up again.

Totally agree. Fingers crossed resumption goes ahead without any issues. It's going to be the strangest yet most intriguing end to a season ever. Anything could happen.

• Admin
18 hours ago, Whites said:

Just been told it is only rented..... 

I guess you could look at this two ways

~He has moved into a new property as he is looking for something more long term

~His current place was only rented up to the end of May as he expected his City loan to end then and go back to Stoke

Sorry if it's already been clarified, but if we have him until the end of the season and his contract with Stoke runs out then too (if I understand correctly), then couldn't we just sign him on a free? Why would we still have to pay them a fee? Or do we have to pay a fee as a condition of the loan if we want to sign him? 

Sorry if I've completely missed something here.

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

Sorry if it's already been clarified, but if we have him until the end of the season and his contract with Stoke runs out then too (if I understand correctly), then couldn't we just sign him on a free? Why would we still have to pay them a fee? Or do we have to pay a fee as a condition of the loan if we want to sign him? 

Sorry if I've completely missed something here.

No, he has 12 months left on his Stoke contract.

Archived