IGNORED

What next for LJ?

reddogkev

Just a change from reading the CH thread over and over, but what next for LJ?

Do you see him managing at Championship level again, or would he consider a drop back to League One?

Any clubs you'd care to tip?

I wouldn't be too surprised to see him end up in a (non management) coaching role at a Prem club (puts on the tin hat and a suit of armour, to boot).

Pretty sure we had this exact thread a couple of weeks ago, you'll get a mixture of replies ranging from 'he'll easily get another go in the championship' to 'he'll have to drop to league 2 and be lucky to get another job in management he was that shite'

He'll get q championship club,

He turned two relegation sides into mid table sides in league one and the championship,

Has a good record with player development and attracting young players

And laid the foundations for Barnsley promotion and cup run

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Pretty sure we had this exact thread a couple of weeks ago, you'll get a mixture of replies ranging from 'he'll easily get another go in the championship' to 'he'll have to drop to league 2 and be lucky to get another job in management he was that shite'

Must have missed that one, did it contain anything worth reading?

I think he'll be a mid-season appointment in say November when an established Championship side has a nightmare start to the campaign. I'll chuck QPR, Sheffield Wednesday and Reading and the type of job he'd get.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wondered about Birmingham a couple of times.

Hardly a stable environment but they appear to have missed out on Karanka..you'd have thought Hughton and Jokanovic may think twice.

Wigan if Cook moves on due to their dire position?

He is still 8/11 on according to skybet 

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wondered about Birmingham a couple of times.

Hardly a stable environment but they appear to have missed out on Karanka..you'd have thought Hughton and Jokanovic may think twice.

Wigan if Cook moves on due to their dire position?

I've still got a feeling about Middlesbrough if Neil doesn't fancy staying longer

What I think he'll do is hold out for a Championship club in a few months who have had a bad start to the season.

What I think he should do is take a decent L1 club (think City a few years back) and try and get them promoted. My guess is he thinks he's a level above that now though and wouldn't go for it.

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

What I think he'll do is hold out for a Championship club in a few months who have had a bad start to the season.

What I think he should do is take a decent L1 club (think City a few years back) and try and get them promoted. My guess is he thinks he's a level above that now though and wouldn't go for it.

Sunderland would be an exciting job for anyone who can get them winning again. Potentially a very big club even in the championship. 

Difficult to say.

From his personal development perspective, hopefully the one positive he gains from his dismissal is that he cannot afford to make, what appeared to me to be, the same mistakes repeatedly.

The streaks. The way we played when getting beaten game in and game out all bore the same hallmarks. Lack of confidence in possession and passing and boneheaded individual errors (which I appreciate some feel were not Johnson's fault but my feeling is that they were a symptom of they way they were being managed). Whether that was because he felt that he wouldn't be removed from the position or his absolute conviction about what he was doing but their regularity spoke of him perhaps not learning lessons.  After all, it's extremely unlikely that any other team would have given him the opportunity that City did.

I suspect he might do well at a team with a tight budget but a decent existing playing staff. No or few transfers (particularly (The pro shop is closed)) but improve what you've got right here and now.

I dunno, if Jake Buxton struggles at Burton, say. I reckon he could pull up some trees there.

Archived