IGNORED

What next for LJ?

reddogkev

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he will walk into the level of job he thinks he should.

I agree, I think I posted on the other thread that he’ll likely pop up as manager at somewhere like Yeovil, Rotherham or Fleetwood should vacancies arise ...but if he could just see past his ego and say to himself “I reckon I’m a half decent coach on the training ground” and forget his belief that he will be a premier league manager, he might get a decent offer from a higher level club - after all, as manager, or head coach, at three clubs for around 400 games in total he won absolutely nothing ...I’m not sure which clubs he thinks will chase him to be their gaffer with that record ?!

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree, I think I posted on the other thread that he’ll likely pop up as manager at somewhere like Yeovil, Rotherham or Fleetwood should vacancies arise ...but if he could just see past his ego and say to himself “I reckon I’m a half decent coach on the training ground” and forget his belief that he will be a premier league manager, he might get a decent offer from a higher level club - after all, as manager, or head coach, at three clubs for around 400 games in total he won absolutely nothing ...I’m not sure which clubs he thinks will chase him to be their gaffer with that record ?!

A lot of truth in that. 
move a funny feeling we won’t see him back in management again. He might disappear away from football. He’ll never find a job quite like City again (in terms of support from above) and might not fancy it. 
As you say, he’s never won anything and at most clubs just one of those awful runs would see him sacked - let alone one a year. 

All im gunna say is he gave me some of the most memorable moments at Bristol City, and some id rather forget ever happened. But whatever he will choose to do i wish him all the best. 

What i really admired about him was how much he loved this club and wanted them to succeed. Something we may not find in a manager for years to come, but fell short (no pun intended) on multiple occasions. 

Best of luck to him 

28 minutes ago, Eighteen ninetyfour said:

All im gunna say is he gave me some of the most memorable moments at Bristol City, and some id rather forget ever happened. But whatever he will choose to do i wish him all the best. 

What i really admired about him was how much he loved this club and wanted them to succeed. Something we may not find in a manager for years to come, but fell short (no pun intended) on multiple occasions. 

Best of luck to him 

You do realise he ‘loved’ Oldham, and he ‘loved’ Barnsley! He’s clever enough to realise that is what the fans want to hear. He will no doubt love his next job, but I don’t think he will be a success anywhere unless he’s given a lot of money to spend. 

He'll go to Peterborough, it won't work out. Then he'll go to Cheltenham and end up at Torquay.

In all seriousness, other clubs have been looking in from the outside and will not have had to suffer the frustration and tedium that we have. They will see the infamous 'progression' that his supporters have used in defence, rather than the 'regression' on the pitch that we have had to sit through. They will also remember the League Cup run and the Manchester games.

So I think that he could likely get a Championship job. But he won't last anywhere near as long IMO as he has here. His 'charmed' management career is over. He will be judged as he should be. My prediction is that he will fall down the leagues as a number one.

His best bet I think is to take a career in coaching. People say that he is great on the training ground. I don't know if that is correct, but I do know that he is abysmal in a stadium on a match day.

He should have a good rest and have 6 months off.

He needs it.

I think he will find getting a new head coach job a lot harder than he thinks. 

L2 or a mid tier European club until he wins something.

I think he really does need some 'runs on the board' before a bigger club will take a chance on a guy who has coached 3 clubs over 8 yrs and not won a single thing.

He needs a complete break for a bit imho.

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

You do realise he ‘loved’ Oldham, and he ‘loved’ Barnsley! He’s clever enough to realise that is what the fans want to hear. He will no doubt love his next job, but I don’t think he will be a success anywhere unless he’s given a lot of money to spend. 

Surely he can't say he loves Hull and keep a straight face? 

1 hour ago, Cider red said:

I can see LJ managing abroad for a bit; maybe Bundesliga 2. 

Or Regionalista 3? Karl Zeiss, Duisburg or Dresden... All sleeping giant monikers there.. just the ticket for Lee. 

Be quite interesting to see the softly spoken landaner gobbin away with words like... Meine Identität Fußballphilosophie ist auzgezheitnet und in ordnung. 

He'll have the fans warming to him in no time. 

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

He'll go to Peterborough, it won't work out. Then he'll go to Cheltenham and end up at Torquay.

In all seriousness, other clubs have been looking in from the outside and will not have had to suffer the frustration and tedium that we have. They will see the infamous 'progression' that his supporters have used in defence, rather than the 'regression' on the pitch that we have had to sit through. They will also remember the League Cup run and the Manchester games.

So I think that he could likely get a Championship job. But he won't last anywhere near as long IMO as he has here. His 'charmed' management career is over. He will be judged as he should be. My prediction is that he will fall down the leagues as a number one.

His best bet I think is to take a career in coaching. People say that he is great on the training ground. I don't know if that is correct, but I do know that he is abysmal in a stadium on a match day.

Savage!

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Whilst you are probably right I also think it’s tenable he will get a job as good if not better than City. His CV will read well (season on season progress, league cup semi, selling good players for huge money etc.) and I bet he interviews very well with all the buzzwords flowing (pathways, philosophies etc.).

I think it’s more likely you are right I also think he’s arrogant enough and perceived well enough to land a big job too. 

I can't see him landing some of the jobs he's been touted for in the press (Fulham, Watford). His CV isn't good enough yet. I could definitely see him at a stable mid/lower Champ club such as Reading or QPR. A bigger league 1 side like Ipswich, Oxford or Portsmouth perhaps.

What his CV really needs at this stage is a promotion. The most sensible career choice for him right now would be to drop to league 1 and get a promotion - preferably as Champions. I don't think going to a Champ club to tread water will do much for his profile.

Oldham

P103 W36 D32 L35 W/R 35%

Barnsley

P51 W20 D13 L18 W/R 39%

City

P217 W84 D54 L79 W/R 39%

Combined

P371 W140 D99 L132 W/R 38%

Honours won 0

Top 6 finishes 0

Relegations 0

Bang average CV , his City record identical to his Barnsley record despite the obvious increase in resources.

I don't understand why some think he will get a Championship job with that CV .

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I can't see him landing some of the jobs he's been touted for in the press (Fulham, Watford). His CV isn't good enough yet. I could definitely see him at a stable mid/lower Champ club such as Reading or QPR. A bigger league 1 side like Ipswich, Oxford or Portsmouth perhaps.

What his CV really needs at this stage is a promotion. The most sensible career choice for him right now would be to drop to league 1 and get a promotion - preferably as Champions. I don't think going to a Champ club to tread water will do much for his profile.

Spot on PF.

LJs lack of decent CV restricts his future managerial jobs. He’s already had a very decent opportunity to prove himself at City and apart from one decent cup run he failed to impress with us. His dreary and boring style of football won’t  have done him any favours either.

That said I hope he finds another managerial job but more than likely it’ll be in L1 as you say.

15 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

There’s something about his persona that would get the best out of the ladies.

I am talking about football!

" who should we appoint the coach of the world cup winners or a mediocre coach from the 2nd tier of men's football "

The previous incumbent was Neville jr.  They aren't going down that route again 

I can see him running a barbers shop on north Street but that's about it.

He'll fail miserably in charge of a football team without millions of pounds to waste on football players deemed surplus to requirements and even then he'll bore the fans to tears.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Oldham

P103 W36 D32 L35 W/R 35%

Barnsley

P51 W20 D13 L18 W/R 39%

City

P217 W84 D54 L79 W/R 39%

Combined

P371 W140 D99 L132 W/R 38%

Honours won 0

Top 6 finishes 0

Relegations 0

Bang average CV , his City record identical to his Barnsley record despite the obvious increase in resources.

I don't understand why some think he will get a Championship job with that CV .

I'm not sure the CV will be that simple, maybe it is. But you could argue he was still a "Success" at each club as he improved them from when he found them. I haven't looked too deeply into his time at Oldham and Barnsley so I could be wrong. 

So he could take Birmingham over two years into a stabilised midtable team rather than struggling relegation and get sacked for a losing streak but you could still consider that a "success" 

Should stick to coaching. His management during games has been awful, outdone by virtually every top coach he's come up against. Has stuck to staying in games for 60 odd minutes and then tries to grab something with an "inspired" substitution. Clutching at straws comes to mind and ******* clueless.

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would certainly agree with that but I'm not sure he'll end up in the level of job his detractors think he should either.

From the outside, he took over during a relegation battle and kept us up, our league position improved most seasons he was with us, he got plaudits during a run to the League Cup semi finals and he developed players the club sold for a profit.  Obviously the picture is a lot more complex than that but, to a club owner looking from the outside, his record is not a bad one, especially as we are not a club people particularly expect to be challenging for promotion. 

He might end up in League One I think there are lower half clubs in the Championship that want stability who would look at his record and think he could deliver a few decent seasons away from a relegation battle.  I certainly don't see him ending up at a big club in the division, and I think he may have issues with being second or third choice on a lot of club's shortlists and he may not get work through that, and I'm not convinced he will succeed at his next job, but I think he will be in the mix for jobs over the next few months and there will be a point where he gets something. 

Lots saying he could deliver stability and get a struggling championship club into mid table......let's not forget that whilst he did that for us he needed 60 odd million, and 60 odd signings to "achieve" it.

I don't see any bottom 8 championship clubs spending that sort of money to provide him with such a large bag of clubs.

Archived