IGNORED

What next for LJ?

reddogkev

17 minutes ago, Sturny said:

So you hopped onto a LJ thread to tell us to stop talking about LJ? 

Just don’t read the threads if you’re not interested ?‍♂️

It’s not a case of being interested or not, it’s more a concern about seeing groups of our own fans still ripping into each other and dredging up the same srguments about someone who isn’t even here any more.

You think that’s a healthy situation??

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

It’s not a case of being interested or not, it’s more a concern about seeing groups of our own fans still ripping into each other and dredging up the same srguments about someone who isn’t even here any more.

People can do as they please. I’m all up for some LJ ripping, who’s game?! 

17 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It is also "oft-spouted" that we were "nailed on" for relegation (when there were five or six struggling at the foot of the table in 2015/16, like most seasons, all no doubt looking nailed-on to go down to their supporters, we were one of those five or six, but only three would ever end up going down; some of the nailed-on five or six would turn out to be otherwise. It's a fact!) and that Lee "saved us" when something much closer to the truth is that Pemberton initiated changes between Cotts leaving and Johnson starting, and with Tomlin signed, the four league games under Pemberton yielded seven points, P4 W2 D1 L1. A small sample but miraculous compared to the previous 26 games; and play-off contender form.

Pemberton's four games - top of the table Middlesbrough, bogey side Leeds away, play-off chasing Birmingham and struggling Charlton - saw us concede one goal. Again, remarkable compared to what came before. The stats from those four games reveal that we had more shots on goal in each game than those opponents had on our goal. The results reflected performance. We were vastly improved.

The work was done (ie switching to a back four; recruiting Championship class in Tomlin) and the recovery was already underway before Johnson started; all Lee had to do was not interfere and try and be too clever (his time for this would come, the following season) too soon. Even he knew not to wade in and go: right, we're doing things my way! from day one.

If Lee really was our "saviour" in 15/16, how come we ended up right back where we were in Jan/Feb 16 twelve months later? We were "nailed on" again to go down the night we lost 0:5 at Preston, with six games to go - check the table back then.

Johnson did some good stuff and some dreadful stuff here, but it is fanciful to believe that he "saved us" in 15/16. In my opinion. 

So what you're saying is John Pemberton should be out new manager...?

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

People can do as they please. I’m all up for some LJ ripping, who’s game?! 

Go ahead and enjoy it then and if everyone else in the battle are enjoying it too then great, as it’ll help pass the day!

I’m just glad to see the back of him tbh and don’t need any reminders of the sheer ******* boredom while he was here, so giving a swerve to LJ threads may well be good advice ?

28 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Cotts time is still debated 4 1/2 years later ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Cotts time is still debated 4 1/2 years later ?‍♂️

Sure, Cotts is still debated, but in far more positive terms and without the vitriol of the LJ threads, which always result in both sides being just as entrenched at the end as when they started.

I guess it’s the futility of seeing two sides trying to convince the other that they are wrong, while it’s blatantly obvious the other side will never agree.

I suppose it’s kind of entertaining, but not a great way to bring the fanbase together.

On 28/07/2020 at 14:01, Rich said:

I think that's the problem he has Dave, he thinks.

When he does think, it's over thought and downright confusing. At the start of his tenure I thought he's doing ok and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that I had. It looked like he was bringing more intelligent players to the club, who could take in his theories and make decisions themselves on the pitch. I think we've seen that process happen during games and then get abandoned in the heat of the moment when players can't react or, don't have time to react /think. Effectively, far too complicated for your average footballer, or even a percentage of the team.

It would appear that, as a club and squad, we're stuck halfway between intelligent players and some which just need to be given a job to execute and stick to it. We don't have the players to constantly swap systems, positions and formations. When we've been restricted through injuries/suspensions, we've had to keep to the basics and generally done well doing that. We ain't Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea and don't have their luxuries. Perhaps as a club we were/are trying to be too clever and need to get focused on doing things simply and effectively.

Our physicality has diminished during his tenure as well, being easily dispossessed/overpowered.

Well, that's a couple of my many theories partly explained. 

Warnock could have resolved every one of your points.

Archived