IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

1 minute ago, Bainsey said:

I think the same. Haven't heard a whisper about him in the last week or so but I think if he is one of those on the shortlist he has a great chance.

Yeah for me he just makes sense, take what he's doing at Preston and amplify the budget and allow him to recruit the players he wants rather than being given a fraction to reinvest, makes sense from both sides imo. There is a rumoured £3m release clause in his contract that expires in 2 years, but nothing to say that Preston wouldn't be open to accepting a lower amount.

43 minutes ago, Bainsey said:

Gregor said Hughton, Cook and Holden are shortlisted along with 2-3 others. Who do you think these are? And I wonder why nothing yet has come to light about their identities...

They've taken a month to device Holden is now in the frame.... I doubt they have a master plan.... It's non football people trying to hire football people...

What could go wrong...?

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s funny because Gregor was the one who said Hughton wasn’t anywhere near a done deal when national press and talksport were saying the opposite. And he’s been proven 100% correct.

Far from speculating, if he doesn’t know he doesn’t say anything. If he says Hughton, Cook and Holden are on the shortlist, I believe him.

I believe him too - and I'd go so far as to suggest that the lines on candidates are more or less verbatim what the club has fed him. For whatever reason the club is more than happy for it to be known that they are in for Hughton and Cook, and Gregor's latest piece on Holden is full of detail on why the club appreciates him. I think Gregor knows what he's doing. He's going to have to work with Ashton and his team when this is all over.

Archived