IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

3 hours ago, GTFABM said:

What would you like them to tell you? Apart from who the next manager is obviously?

Indeed. I'm not sure what people would be expecting them say?

The only announcement that will satisfy people is that they've appointed the manager and even then that'll probably be dependent on him being the 'right' choice

4 hours ago, One Team said:

Another potentially interesting one for @Olé is that William Hill have Ivo Vieira 12th in the betting now at 20/1.

Would be an interesting curve ball! 

Interesting? We'd have more chance next season if we appointed Ivor The Engine

29 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Not at the moment mate - it's covid central here.

More new cases in one state than the whole of the UK.

And the pubs are closed.

Now here is something I don't understand- and 'm sorry to hear that given how you appeared to be getting on top of it!

What's happened- I've read snippets of the news every so often, Melbourne and of course more broadly, within the state of Victoria- seems to be quite problematic. Australia seemed to get on top of it pretty well- onset of Autumn/Winter a key factor?

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Now here is something I don't understand- and 'm sorry to hear that given how you appeared to be getting on top of it!

What's happened- I've read snippets of the news every so often, Melbourne and of course more broadly, within the state of Victoria- seems to be quite problematic. Australia seemed to get on top of it pretty well- onset of Autumn/Winter a key factor?

Sooner the world recognises it's never going away and to just get on with life and live with it like all other respiratory killers the better.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A few reasons.

Probably best not to post them.

12 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i would have thought aftef 4 weeks since lee was sacked the club would  have given the fans an update on the next manager. or am i expecting to much

Nothing personal to you. But what would appease you? What information or update would you need? 

See I just don't get it. Me personally I don't need an update. I just need a conclusion. 

The club are going through process. I think its like buying a striker, under contact at another club. Then times that by at least 2 or 3. Couple that equation with the fact the club have some strict criteria, and I think it's valid, this is a hugely difficult process. 

To find that person, potentially sack those already we have in employment, and do it by all accounts, the proper way will take time. 

If the club get the man they want, we can then look to the appointment. The process involved and ask the questions as to the how, why, what and where.

Until then, expect the club to be sealed up. Non Disclosure Agreements will be the order of the day. 

In fact expect a Non Disclosure Agreement on basically every employee. Every candidate, every agent. Their families and everyone they know. 

It's an excellent process...... Because we know nothing. Credit the club with that. 

Cheers 

Stevo 

On 26/07/2020 at 15:12, southvillekiddy said:

I know the source of the "8 interviewees, snippet" is questionable but If there really were/are 8 people to be fully interviewed then it would mean that the people at our Club are either living in the past or do not know how to draw up a list of those truly qualified for the post and are operating in an antiquated world akin to the 1950s, when most people didn't have telephones let alone computers and manager briefings on the Internet. Uncertainty and disagreement must surely arise from having too many choices

If we are truly intent on Premiership football then we should do what the top Clubs do. Decide who is already doing what we want to happen at BCFC and head-hunt that person. Sell the idea of coming to our Club. If they do not want to, move on to the next best, seen individually

I am therefore baffled if it is true that our Club actually uses the full interview system in the modern age of football. We live in the Internet Age not the pre-television age. It's different of course if one is considering a foreign manager working abroad but we see managers ad nauseum in pre-match and post-match briefings on TV here. Having worked out who is truly qualified, on their record, to take us to the Premiership it should not be difficult for SL to decide on the basis of those TV briefings who he could probably work with. Also soundings would be taken with those in the game about that person.

Then the first choice would be invited in for discussions

Most people on here and those who know him from Brighton say Hughton is a fair dignified serious individual as well as the best qualified for what we are aiming for. He is also immediately available. We should be selling the job to him

(If we are doing this) Why are we mucking about with interviews?

That really isn’t the case, all, not some, of the Brighton ST holders I know were delighted to see the back of him and wouldn’t have him back under any circumstances. They thought him weak, indecisive, tactically inept and negative especially when 1-0 up.

8 hours ago, SX227 said:

Not at the moment mate - it's covid central here.

More new cases in one state than the whole of the UK.

And the pubs are closed.

Sorry to hear that SX. Normally I would worry for people out there, but I am starting to think that our old mate City Oz has it all worked out and has devises several means of protecting himself against the virus.

Firstly, he wears a special hat with corks that hang from the rim to scare away demons, flies and things like viruses.

Secondly, not many viruses can survive the red heat of a proper barbie - and City Oz is a wizard on the barbie.

Thirdly, he has worked out a cure that works in several ways: 

A. He drinks amber nectar, which tastes like an angel crying on your tongue.  He does this until 4pm when the Freemantle Doctor sobers him up sufficiently to move onto the next stage.

B. He then drinks the nectar of the gods, which is red in colour and more potent. This both reminds him of his beloved football team and considerably increases his alcohol level.

C. He cleverly worked out that if alcohol hand rub can kill the virus, all he needed to do was to hide behind the heat of the barbie and make sure that the alcohol in his blood would be sufficient to kill any virus.

There is no point in a virus sending him to heaven because, by the sound of it, he is there already.

I wish well to City Oz, his lovely wife (Sheila I believe) and to his three wonderful children: Bruce, Cobber and Matilda.  I hope that both of you and your familied stay safe from this awful virus and join the whole City family in celebrating promotion next season under our new manager....... a certain Mr Holden...

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Sooner the world recognises it's never going away and to just get on with life and live with it like all other respiratory killers the better.

I sort of agree with what you are saying, and do wish we can start getting back to normality. 

The problem is though that it drains the hospitals resources to treat everything else. I lost my father to cancer indirectly because of the Covid pandemic. He needed a transplant in March and because of the situation could not get into anywhere because of  the high rate in Newport. I am not blaming any hospital or any thing else as he was going to die anyway, but having the transplant at the time could of given him a few more weeks / months. 

I’m hoping we are better prepared going into autumn and winter. And in that I don’t mean lock down I mean the hospital resources are stocked up. 

All these names been bandied about and the bookmakers putting different people as favorites, has anyone stopped to think that maybe it’s none of them, I admit I’ve been very frustrated but have been thinking about it and the board have been very good at keeping transfers a secret why not the same case with a manager? It’s just my feeling that the longer this has gone on they’ve been going after one person and maybe there has been a lot to sort out to get this done, they must know that basically how long this process has taken if they get it wrong then the crap will really hit the fan. Anyways I think it’s gonna be a foreign appointment who is attached to a club just my thoughts what’s everyone else’s opinion 

2 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

That really isn’t the case, all, not some, of the Brighton ST holders I know were delighted to see the back of him and wouldn’t have him back under any circumstances. They thought him weak, indecisive, tactically inept and negative especially when 1-0 up.

There's something in what you say because Newcastle for example got shot of him after he got them out of the shit and back to the Prem (how ungracious was that and similiarly with Brighton?) but at least he got them into the Prem. This is what I hope he would do for City. 

Ideally we would go one better with an established foreign coach and his team with connections to getting top players. But the problem is we have an owner, a "Board" (I'm not convinced that anyone has any say apart from SL) and a large part of our fan base who have low horizons and seem incapable of taking a lead from what the top Clubs do.

45 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

There's something in what you say because Newcastle for example got shot of him after he got them out of the shit and back to the Prem (how ungracious was that and similiarly with Brighton?) but at least he got them into the Prem. This is what I hope he would do for City. 

Ideally we would go one better with an established foreign coach and his team with connections to getting top players. But the problem is we have an owner, a "Board" (I'm not convinced that anyone has any say apart from SL) and a large part of our fan base who have low horizons and seem incapable of taking a lead from what the top Clubs do.

Exactly. So many comments on all the various "who will it be" threads about the board this, the board that etc.

The Board, such as it is, comprises of the owner, his son, a retired finance expert and an employee.

No doubt SL will listen to what the others say, but ultimately it will be his decision.

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

That wasn’t a popular decision with Newcastle fans - they held demonstrations against his sacking etc. He is still held in high esteem amongst the supporters up there, Newcastle was in 11th Place in the premier league when Hughton was sacked...

10 hours ago, havanatopia said:

That’s a much more attractive argument to someone who’s not 55, overweight and with an established wheeze, like me!

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That wasn’t a popular decision with Newcastle fans - they held demonstrations against his sacking etc. He is still held in high esteem amongst the supporters up there, Newcastle was in 11th Place in the premier league when Hughton was sacked...

I'm not saying it was a popular decision with the fans - what the fans think is irrelevant to the powers that be, as we know all too well at our Club. Hughton was shamelessly used to get Newcastle out of a hole and then typically (believing they were still the force in football they were back in the 1930s) they went for something that they thought was going to be better. (Alan Pardew - say no more, on a 5 and half year contract)

That's not the issue.

What I said is that Hughton could undoubtedly get us to the Prem as he did at Newcastle and Brighton.

Hughton sacked by Newcastle was a very odd decision. If they were down the bottom and playing notably negative football then maybe but they were 11th and had a number of notable wins a couple of which were high scoring. 

He was very well resourced in the Championship but still did the business.

A better comparison might be Brighton. I think his final half season merited a fresh approach from the club though, the way they plummeted from around Christmas. Possibly persisting with an aging Murray didn't help?

That said pushing the financial limits to excess, wouldn't do it! Sheffield Wednesday have been docked 12 points and could set a precedent moving forward.

As they refine the system more, we could well see more teams falling foul and punished accordingly.

Archived