IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

As stated before, I believe SL and JL genuinely want the best for city. I don't question their intentions.

What I do question is the arrogance to think they're best placed to pick a football manager.

SL wouldn't let one of the city squad suddenly pick shares and investments for his business... So why would a financial expert be the best person to know who's a good manager and who's not?

MA has ran football clubs, but not a football man through and through. 

My frustration relates to the fact we don't have key top level football people running the show. We have financial experts... And Mark.

Surely, the two signings we need now are a good manager and someone who knows the game inside out... Connections, experience

I do agree with what your saying to a large extent but you are becoming a little bit of a broken record now.

All we can do is wait for someone to finally be announced and we can all winge and moan from there.

Ultimately the club could possibly be run a little better but for the most part I think we are on the right tracks considering the club’s stature historically and financial level FFP wise.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest did you read the thread below?

image.thumb.png.c725b053e839657ca197d90356f06d06.png

I didn't, not yet. Away on holiday and only scanning a few threads and news articles

8 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

I do agree with what your saying to a large extent but you are becoming a little bit of a broken record now.

All we can do is wait for someone to finally be announced and we can all winge and moan from there.

Ultimately the club could possibly be run a little better but for the most part I think we are on the right tracks considering the club’s stature historically and financial level FFP wise.

Broken record is perhaps fair. It's just concerning we've taken so long 

53 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Pathetic because I have an opinion?

Wow, that's a narrow view. Let's just all pretend everything is ok ?

Well, it’s a pretty bizarre suggestion that a family which has plugged millions of pounds into a football club shouldn’t have a say in who the manager is.  Hardly arrogance, mate, normal business practice.  And do you really think they would make an appointment without getting an opinion from trusted contacts within football?  Steve Lansdown should be a hero to City supporters - it’s quite extraordinary some of the negative comments that are made about him.  It’s hard to understand what more people would want in a majority shareholder.

43 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

So you're happy with MA as our "man"?

I am very happy with the job MA has done with the goals he has been set.

Do you think he has done anything wrong within the direction he has been set by the board and owner? 

51 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Maybe Matthew because it's your impatience that is the issue. Nothing has changed so far in respect of management since the topics you've created in the last few weeks.

You created a topic saying you would be dissulusioned with a manager like Mick McCarthy then two days later started another topic critizing the board saying we haven't got Chris Hughton or Mick in yet and what a disgrace.

Now your back on about the board again with a new topic moaning about their manager selection and decision making when they've not even announced the decision in the first place.

It's fine to voice your opinion and even become critical but maybe stop jumping the gun and see what pans out.

@Matthew me it’s probably worth commenting on the existing threads....that’s what I’m trying to say.  We all repeat ourselves, me included, but I try to keep it within existing threads.  Most threads go off in a tangent anyway, so there’s always a relevant thread. ??

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Matthew me it’s probably worth commenting on the existing threads....that’s what I’m trying to say.  We all repeat ourselves, me included, but I try to keep it within existing threads.  Most threads go off in a tangent anyway, so there’s always a relevant thread. ??

Thanks Dave. Point noted, thanks very much ?

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

Maybe Matthew because it's your impatience that is the issue. Nothing has changed so far in respect of management since the topics you've created in the last few weeks.

You created a topic saying you would be dissulusioned with a manager like Mick McCarthy then two days later started another topic critizing the board saying we haven't got Chris Hughton or Mick in yet and what a disgrace.

Now your back on about the board again with a new topic moaning about their manager selection and decision making when they've not even announced the decision in the first place.

It's fine to voice your opinion and even become critical but maybe stop jumping the gun and see what pans out.

I would be critical if Mick was the manager, but as a DOF with great links, I'd be ok with that.

It's all about opinions, I take your views onboard, but respectfully, I stand by my comments regarding concern about delayed appointments and limited football experience within the club 

10 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

I would be critical if Mick was the manager, but as a DOF with great links, I'd be ok with that.

It's all about opinions, I take your views onboard, but respectfully, I stand by my comments regarding concern about delayed appointments and limited football experience within the club 

Why isn’t mark Ashton a football man? Played the game and been involved in it for a long time. Not sure what you expect from someone in that role?

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why isn’t mark Ashton a football man? Played the game and been involved in it for a long time. Not sure what you expect from someone in that role?

I guess a football man that's worked at the highest level, lots of experience, worked with various clubs, perhaps Prem experience.

Likes of Mick, martin o Neil etc 

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

For now yes, why wouldn't you be?

He seems to be negotiating good deals for players, both incoming and outgoing, and looking after the business side of the football pretty well.

Eddie wasn't a glowing success 

Entering five weeks for a new manager 

I'm sure he does lots of good, but I don't think he has the pulling power to attract talent. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Eddie wasn't a glowing success 

Entering five weeks for a new manager 

I'm sure he does lots of good, but I don't think he has the pulling power to attract talent. 

You have no idea what he does or how he does it really. None of us do. Not sure why you’d assume the worst. 

1 hour ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

I’m so excited.., both Cook AND Hughton to be appointed today... or so it would appear according to OTIBers on this forum. I have no clue who Will be our Head Coach I just want the person announced ASAP as it’s doing my head in waiting!

Hughton DOF, Cook Head Coach. 

Heard it hear first :rolleyes::whistle:

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I believe that the ongoing saga of our appointment of a new manager/coach is even more boringly tedious than Brexit.......is this possible? ?

Well it definitely mirrors our tedious football this season, so at least we’ve finally achieved some constency ?

Beginning to think that the identity of the new boss is irrelevant, compared to the question of timing. The imperative, in other words, is to allow whoever it is to say plausibly: “ Don’t judge me until I’ve had 3 windows and a full pre- season with the lads”. 

49 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We've certainly stumped TalkSport who have just announced they understand Bristol City are in the process of interviewing several candidates for the vacant managerial position.

It's as though Talksport operates in an alternative universe in which time goes backwards. 

They went from Hughton done deal to several candidates. Next week they'll announce Lee Johnson has been sacked...

Most league clubs return to pre-season at the end of this week or next week.

Not a lot of time to get someone in now and the longer it goes on, the more I think that Dean Holden will be given the job on a short term contract.

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

It's as though Talksport operates in an alternative universe in which time goes backwards. 

They went from Hughton done deal to several candidates. Next week they'll announce Lee Johnson has been sacked...

I think Talksport took Hughton being interviewed as being a done deal.  Oops.

Disappointed not to see Arne Slot higher than 40/1 in the betting stakes. He’s my choice.

It’s a bonus that his sides play exciting, winning attacking football and he seems likeable. More importantly, his name makes the best anagrams. ‘Real Snot’ being just one of many.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I believe that the ongoing saga of our appointment of a new manager/coach is even more boringly tedious than Brexit.......is this possible? ?

That’s it! I knew it had a familiar feeling. Every name that comes up, half are for him, half are against. With each half throwing tantrums because the other half have an opinion that doesn’t match their own.

Archived