IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

Just get MM in ffs.

We cant get Gerrard.

Hughton will go to one of the PP relegated clubs because he cant work on a budget.

Cook cant go straight into employment having resigned from Wigan.

And I do NOT want Holden in the current circumstances.

Do it JL. Get Mad Mick in on a 24 month contract. Tell MA, if he is interfering to go suck it.

On 03/08/2020 at 12:30, Hillzider said:

Gregor Macgregor's reply this lunchtime to when new man will be appointed:

We’ll start with the bad news. Regarding the head coach, we understand that nothing is imminent. That was sourced yesterday and so we don’t expect anything to happen today. However, I’d caveat that with that things can change very quickly and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that that changes much, much later today. But we’re not expecting any announcements today.

As regards timing, as previously reported, the players were told to expect news 7-10 days after the season’s end on the new head coach. So we are expecting news soon. And with pre-season starting next week then there’s a good chance we’ll hear later this week.

As vague as vague can be.

14 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

If you look at our record of recruiting and developing young players over the last 5 years or so it’s pretty impressive with the budget we operate to, we’re regularly developing players to a standard we can no longer afford, unfortunately we’ve not been getting the contracts of said players right. 3 years isn’t long enough to develop them and get the maximum out of them in terms of sale fees or on the pitch, last summer we had to sell our better players due to contract length, and reinvest in 14 players, but what we did do was sign most of them on 4/5 year deals, the average age of our squad is around 23. So the inexperience and the fact it was a new bunch of lads been thrown together took its toll early on. We’ll improve ten fold in my opinion next season if we can keep Struber and Wigan’s appeal fails. 

City we’re operating on 2 years deals for a lot of players back in Lg1 as we transitioned into the Champ.  Then it became 3 years, then 3+1 option, to the odd 4 year deal. 3+1 and 4 are now the defaults.

The challenge is still there though because you also get the player who coasts until he gets close to hitting his final year and then suddenly thinks he could do with a new deal.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Which is why we are all on here 20hours out of 24 . 

I can hardly wait to hear MA ‘speech’ when the new guy is announced. 

Im no Code Red but you can imagine the sort of waffle he’ll come out with -  ‘ The Bristol City job is a sought after one and due diligence on numerous applications takes time. We (I) wanted to be sure we’ve appointed the best person for the job’....blah, blah.............:sleeping:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Im no Code Red but you can imagine the sort of waffle he’ll come out with -  ‘ The Bristol City job is a sought after one and due diligence on numerous applications takes time. We (I) wanted to be sure we’ve appointed the best person for the job’....blah, blah.............:sleeping:

so with all that in mind - here's Dean Holden jack nicholson laughing GIF

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

top coach for the Bears and if we get Holden we are getting someone who has done nothing as a manager. 5 weeks to make this reported decision in my opinion a joke. 

Probably on the same wages though!! Finances in the two sports are light years apart but I get what you’re saying, if it’s DH it shows a huge lack of ambition on the footballing side. ??‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Or we might get an honest statement explaining the decision. I think the club will be aware of peoples views on how long this has taken and thoughts on Holden so maybe they'll give an open, honest statement. If I was one of the board I would use this as an opportunity to be transparent and get fans onside rather than try to sugar coat it. Fans won't be fooled.

Anyway, no ones been appointed yet so who knows what will happen.

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

top coach for the Bears and if we get Holden we are getting someone who has done nothing as a manager. 5 weeks to make this reported decision in my opinion a joke. 

Do You know for sure that ‘won nothing’ Holden has got the job?........

2 minutes ago, DC10 said:

Probably on the same wages though!! Finances in the two sports are light years apart but I get what you’re saying, if it’s DH it shows a huge lack of ambition on the footballing side. ??‍♂️

Pat Lam is reportedly on £800k a year, approx £15k a week.

There is no way whatsoever Dean Holden will be on anywhere near that.  I'd go as far as saying out of the names linked with the job only Hughton and Gerrard would be above that.

Cook, Neil etc would be on a lot less than that!

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Or we might get an honest statement explaining the decision. I think the club will be aware of peoples views on how long this has taken and thoughts on Holden so maybe they'll give an open, honest statement. If I was one of the board I would use this as an opportunity to be transparent and get fans onside rather than try to sugar coat it. Fans won't be fooled.

Anyway, no ones been appointed yet so who knows what will happen.

It’s not the CEO’s DNA to be transparent. I certainly won’t be holing my breath in waiting for it,

To answer the OP I dont think today is the day. 

if it is DH we are tole he’s on holiday and so not available to do the Press. 

the other teo possibles are ‘waiting by the phone’. Assuming that phone isnt in Bristol, doubt they would get to Ashton Fate in tine for the press even if the phone rang right now. 

And we know, getting the optics right is the only thing that matters. 

5 minutes ago, super slick said:

Pat Lam is reportedly on £800k a year, approx £15k a week.

There is no way whatsoever Dean Holden will be on anywhere near that.  I'd go as far as saying out of the names linked with the job only Hughton and Gerrard would be above that.

Cook, Neil etc would be on a lot less than that!

I think you’d be surprised. Holden probably won’t be on that sort of money but he won’t be far off. Last season the average wage for a championship manager was 868k a year, so I’d doubt we’d be paying him much less

10 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Something along the lines of..... Well, it was either Holden or Pulis, and Pulis didn't want it.      So.......

Archived