IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

1 hour ago, lou2BS7 said:

The saddest and most significant part of this is:

We are all on this forum saying if it’s Holden we won’t go, will be done with the club etc but they know full well that we are buying customers who are significantly invested in this club emotionally and by the time stadiums open the doors we will all be lining up again

Yep, lining up to watch the local derby against the Gas in L1 soon

I've just got this nagging feeling we have sounded out a young 'big-time' ex footballer who would be more adept working alongside Mark Ashton.

I'm thinking along the lines of Robbie Fowler, Phil Neville, Michael Carrick and Freddie Ljungberg - an ego based appointment to boost the reputation of the club.

Alternatives to Gerrard if you like. 

Ljungberg would be an interesting one potentially, certainly seems the 'head coach' type, Arsenal connections for young talent on loan. A Swede who could convince Elliason to stay put. 

Trying to convince myself we are at least going in a different direction at this stage !

• The title was changed to Other Manager Options (Merged)
2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

I've just got this nagging feeling we have sounded out a young 'big-time' ex footballer who would be more adept working alongside Mark Ashton.

I'm thinking along the lines of Robbie Fowler, Phil Neville, Michael Carrick and Freddie Ljungberg - an ego based appointment to boost the reputation of the club.

Ljungberg would be an interesting one potentially, certainly seems the 'head coach' type, Arsenal connections for young talent on loan. A Swede who could convince Elliason to stay put. 

Trying to convince myself we are at least going in a different direction at this stage !

Same thinking with me, except I wonder about an older name also as D of F / consultant and getting both available could be the delay.

Robbie Fowler as the young gun ? Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Agreed I mentioned Michael Carrick a couple of weeks ago once the Gerrard thing supposedly ended. Carrick with an older head alongside him.

1 hour ago, Floatn Over said:

Same thinking with me, except I wonder about an older name also as D of F / consultant and getting both available could be the delay.

Robbie Fowler as the young gun ? Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Robbie Fowler is into his Real Estate business whilst football is useful for meet ups.

6 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Good thinking. I notice Ljungberg was in the Skybet odds a few days ago. Not sure if still there.

14 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

We could be but no, no,no!

I hope not- not convinced by any, personally- Fowler, Phil Neville- are you kidding??

9 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

A merge too far? Totally get the need to merge occasionally but  this thread has been rendered nonsensical by the merges. 

May I suggest an au contraire moment? 

My suggestion being defined simply by the fact that this entire process lasting now some 5 weeks is indeed in itself non sensical. ?

Big Tone style summary: make sense of this thread and you've cracked the new gaffer code.

I am increasingly convinced that the length of the process and the silence from the club means something odd is happening, but possibly in a good way. 
I reckon when the announcement is made, phrases like “I didn’t see that coming”, “wow, let’s go effing mental” and “well done City, I was never one of the doom merchants” will be common on here.

....Or Dean is still on the beach at Weston and they don’t want to disturb him to tell him the good news. Everyone deserves a nice holiday.

Just now, reddogkev said:

Based on nothing whatsoever, I've woke up this morning with a strange feeling it's going to be Ryan Giggs.

He's going to bring Mason Greenwood on a season long loan.

* All of this delay has been SL and MA negotiating with the FAW. *

Archived