IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

15 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I imagine we'd be sounding people out such as Hughton and Gerrard. As for applicants, I think people who wouldn't immediately come to mind like Christoph Daum probably applied and potentially people like Robbie Fowler. Like you say though, it wouldn't be a conventional appointment like in most businesses as there's still a fairly small pool of candidates to choose from.

In my opinion the board created the biggest issue for themselves - if they'd appointed Holden quickly citing Covid and needing to cut the cloth, fans might've been more accepting. I think people would've been a bit annoyed but there'd be more understanding. The issue is they've raised fan expectations and taken an awfully long time to appoint anyone.

It's created added pressure as people aren't going to give Holden much time and there'll be people calling for his head if we lose a couple on the bounce early in the season. To win fans round - he needs substantial transfer backing and a great start on the pitch. Anything less and the knives will be out especially if the likes of Eliasson leave. Perhaps they're seeing the lack of crowds as a positive and helped swing them round towards Holden as there'll be no booing and negativity in the ground for a while. 

You have to assume that Holden is a fall back option otherwise we'd have appointed him immediately. Back in 2016, it's clear now that LJ was always number 1 choice and any delay was down to negotiating compensation with Barnsley. It seems we've made a real mess of it whatever's happened.

Plus there was that tweet from Alan Nixon (?) saying BCFC had messed it up...that doesn’t help

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Plus there was that tweet from Alan Nixon (?) saying BCFC had messed it up...that doesn’t help

It's a bit dubious how reliable he is, I think he's fairly good for North West gossip so it may be linked to Paul Cook. It certainly looks like we've messed it up either way, even without inside knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a bit dubious how reliable he is, I think he's fairly good for North West gossip so it may be linked to Paul Cook. It certainly looks like we've messed it up either way, even without inside 

As someone else on here said, there is a distinct lack of outside interest from other media outlets. They’ve probably lost interest.

Archived