IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

4 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

It's all there logically set out in black and white for those with the wits to read it carefully

Your version of events. Read it and completely disagree with it. 

Still run around making silly noises if it makes you feel better. 

Hey why not start a thread on that.

4 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Look back at the last 15 years of wasting time resources and millions of quids on duff managers and players we could have spent on a top coach and his team

Why are you so negative? If you can’t see the progress our team has made in 15 years you should probably go and play bowls or something less frustrating. Absolute drivel. 

5 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

I thought it was the council that mucked up the boundary marking For the development when it came to the court case or something along those lines

As far as I can remember the council did give the go ahead in 2009 and didn't object but various parties first the village green lot then finally Long ashton council stuck there oar in. I think city said to the council as long as there are no objections to redeveloping Ashton Gate they would drop plans for Ashton vale, as much as I love the new ground I'm still a bit disappointed we couldn't move over to Ashton vale as it would have been more future proofed in the event we got promotion to the top flight. 

30 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Why are you so negative? If you can’t see the progress our team has made in 15 years you should probably go and play bowls or something less frustrating. Absolute drivel. 

Thankyou for that my friend. 

Following the character played by John Cleese in "Clockwise" - I can deal with the despair, it's the hope that is difficult to bear, especially when a billionaire tells you he wants Premiership football. I might be like you otherwise, content with the mediocrity of the people running our Club.

When I think of the glorious days I have had following City over the last 50 odd years there are some stand-outs. But they are about being with other City-mad fans, when despite the people in charge making a bollocks-up of our Club, we can relish a glorious day, generally away. I give you Torquay United away, some years back when it took a Heruculean effort to prise ourselves away from quaffing drinks in the sunshine at the harbour to climb up the hill to Plainmoor to find the pitch totally swathed in sea-mist. Standing at the half-way line it was impossible to see either goal. BUT THE MATCH WENT AHEAD because they have a special ref for these occasions (who has X-ray vision?). We scored 4, Lita got 3, Paul Heffernan the other and we didn't see any of them. 

Does any of that resonate with you?

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

Your version of events. Read it and completely disagree with it. 

Still run around making silly noises if it makes you feel better. 

Hey why not start a thread on that.

You must be big mates with TonyTonyTony because he is also obsessed with people running around. Maybe you can go out jogging together wearing the same T-shirt?

9 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

We will have information on managers. Why do you think we don’t. If we’d had someone lined up and ready to appoint 6 weeks ago we could’ve missed the perfect candidate leaving a club at the end of the season. I don’t get people’s issue, just an excuse to bash the club it seems

I am not one to bash the club for no reason, but by waiting you may miss a good candidate too.  The OP was pointing out the contrast between our planning to replace a player as opposed to replacing the manager.  I think that merits consideration.

6 hours ago, Red Skin said:

I am not one to bash the club for no reason, but by waiting you may miss a good candidate too.  The OP was pointing out the contrast between our planning to replace a player as opposed to replacing the manager.  I think that merits consideration.

I’ll ask again, who have we missed? The club are taking their time over a hugely important decision and still getting slated for it. 

Whoever we appoint MA  will claim that he was the outstanding candidate, ticked all the right boxes etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

The reality is that if such a candidate existed we would have already appointed him.  After four weeks I suspect that we have been turned down by our preferred choices or have been unable to reach agreement In terms of their requirements. We are therefore slowly making our way down the list.

7 minutes ago, Redland said:

Whoever we appoint MA  will claim that he was the outstanding candidate, ticked all the right boxes etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

The reality is that if such a candidate existed we would have already appointed him.  After four weeks I suspect that we have been turned down by our preferred choices or have been unable to reach agreement In terms of their requirements. We are therefore slowly making our way down the list.

Or our Preferred candidate already had a job and was waiting until the end of the season

40 minutes ago, Redland said:

That would not prevent an approach. We were rumoured to be interested in Gerrard and he is in a job.

I think the reason for the long process is that we had to wait to speak to managers whose season hadn't finished, whether that be at the behest of the current club or the manager themselves. I'm guessing they include Cook and Lowe. 

35 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think the reason for the long process is that we had to wait to speak to managers whose season hadn't finished, whether that be at the behest of the current club or the manager themselves. I'm guessing they include Cook and Lowe. 

So why did we sack LJ when we did before the end of the season? That implies we had someone in mind/ready. If this has fallen through it means we were not properly briefed and prepared for what they wanted.

9 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

So why did we sack LJ when we did before the end of the season? That implies we had someone in mind/ready. If this has fallen through it means we were not properly briefed and prepared for what they wanted.

It's a curious one. Maybe they felt we need to do something...anything

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

We still had a slim chance of the play off obviously. They’d decided to sack him at the end of the season IMO and then thought if we do it now and get a streak of form we could make the play offs so why wait?

With Watford looking to chat with Vladimir Ivic as their manager, do you think we looked at him??? Coached PAOK youngsters to the title and has won two titles with Tel Aviv in the past 2 seasons. However stepped down earlier this month to look for a new challenge. 

So we want someone to move us over the line and into the Premiership. Good quality ex premiership manager with good contacts nationally and internationally say they would be interested in the job The season for City is over, the transfer market is open. The start of the new season is getting closer by the day. Players are signing for other clubs, managers are joining new clubs. On the 4th July it was a time to be excited about the coming weeks. Now we are becoming a embarrassment. It could be a master stroke, like the day Southampton  announced they had signed the European footballer of the year Kevin Keegan. None of the fans knew before the day. Or it could be a total let down.Who every it is i plus thousands of you out there just want to know and know now.

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

So we want someone to move us over the line and into the Premiership. Good quality ex premiership manager with good contacts nationally and internationally say they would be interested in the job The season for City is over, the transfer market is open. The start of the new season is getting closer by the day. Players are signing for other clubs, managers are joining new clubs. On the 4th July it was a time to be excited about the coming weeks. Now we are becoming a embarrassment. It could be a master stroke, like the day Southampton  announced they had signed the European footballer of the year Kevin Keegan. None of the fans knew before the day. Or it could be a total let down.Who every it is i plus thousands of you out there just want to know and know now.

Where and who exactly are all these players / managers signing for other clubs ?

7 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Just walked through. Nobody on the roof, but M Ashtons car is in the car park. Don't know if that's significant but I'm sure we can manage a few rumours.

I’m surprised that Mark Ashton hasn’t interviewed and appointed himself as Head Coach like Mark Bowen at Reading

Archived