IGNORED

Other Manager Options (Merged)

southvillekiddy

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Paul Clement maybe! He's done a good job in Belgium and worked with the best managers around so would meet Lansdowns criteria although didn't do very well at Swansea or Reading 

No no no no no.

Proven not to be good enough at this level

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I believe him too - and I'd go so far as to suggest that the lines on candidates are more or less verbatim what the club has fed him. For whatever reason the club is more than happy for it to be known that they are in for Hughton and Cook, and Gregor's latest piece on Holden is full of detail on why the club appreciates him. I think Gregor knows what he's doing. He's going to have to work with Ashton and his team when this is all over.

It is not Bristol City feeding the info.

1 hour ago, cityironman said:

Lets be brutally honest here, not one of us has a flamin' clue! 

Superb! And spot on! The usual ‘in the know’ peacocks have been found wanting, posting stuff like “news incoming today or tomorrow” (that was ages ago!!! ??) and then they run and hide when it proves to be a load of guff ... not sure why people pretend? I suppose it’s the whole “I know something that you don’t know” power trip ... but the comedy lies in the fact that they don’t actually know anything....

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is not Bristol City feeding the info.

Intriguing...my assumption that it was was based on it suiting the club's purposes to put a marker on Hughton and Cook - to declare an interest - and to both be nice to Dean Holden and in the process throw up a bit of a smokescreen. But what do I know? In this case nothing!

I'd still note that in a job like Gregor's it wouldn't be wise to fall out with the football club...you'd tread carefully, as close to the line as possible with stories, without damaging future relationships.

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

I think Gregor is full of cr@p and, like the BBC on most matters these days, speculating based on little to no evidence...he can then claim he was ITK if one of the names he mentions comes up......#insertapppropriateexpletivehere

A bit like many on OTIB then!

:innocent06:

17 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Intriguing...my assumption that it was was based on it suiting the club's purposes to put a marker on Hughton and Cook - to declare an interest - and to both be nice to Dean Holden and in the process throw up a bit of a smokescreen. But what do I know? In this case nothing!

I'd still note that in a job like Gregor's it wouldn't be wise to fall out with the football club...you'd tread carefully, as close to the line as possible with stories, without damaging future relationships.

Yep, BP are very careful.  Remember the Tinnion unhappy story?  Had that been made up, Gregor told me he would probably lose his accreditation with City.  Sure someone on here said it was Carey shit-stirring???

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

premier league epl GIF by KICK

Worth quoting again....love this gif.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

To have six people in your second round interview just means you weren't paying attention in the first interview.

Spot on.

I work in recruitment and I’ve never known 6 people go to second interview for one role in the 20 odd years I’ve been doing the job. You might see 4-6 people for a first interview but you’d never invite more than 2-3 back in.  

I don’t want to slate the club until there’s good reason but if there really are 6 second interviews that’s pretty farcical. 

I wonder whether the length of time taken could infer club negotiations.

For me that rules out Hughton, McCarthy, Adkins, and Holden.

That would leave the likes of Slot, Niel, Jokanovic, Cook, as viable candidates.

Part of me (that is hopelessly optimistic) hopes its between Jokanovic and Slot and the club cannot decide. Neil could possible be ruled ouot due to the compensation required whereas Jokanovic could waive. Slot only has a year left I believe.

But honestly would take any of Hughton, McCarthy, Cook, Jokanovic. Anybody who is a decent man-manager, to be honest, after LJ.

Archived