IGNORED

Cardiff v Fulham

Lanterne Rouge

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

You clearly don’t see the intricacies of football. 
Pack was clearly given a very specific task by Harris tonight. 
How was Cairney tonight? Very quiet. That’s because Harris had Pack cutting off the supply to Cairney. If the defence or Reed had the ball, Pack sprinted across to Cairney and closed off the pass to his feet. It meant that Cairney didn’t get the ball at his feet in the 10 position. 
The one time Cairney got space he shot and hit the post - that was when Pack had to go across to cover left back. 
When Vaulks came on, Pack was no longer tasked with the marking job, and that resulted in Cairney getting space to run at Pack to win the free kick for the 2nd goal. 

I know you won’t bother, but go and watch the game again and then watch any other typical Fulham performance and you’ll see how Pack stopped Cairney getting the ball in the 10 position. Fulham had to then play a different way to win. 
It was a clever move by Harris but Fulham were too good and found a way. 

Also, Pack’s strength was never pace. He could always easily be turned. His strength on the ball is passing and possession.  Off the ball his strength is the screening job that Harris had him do. Cardiff’s defence passed the ball to him 9 times. Only 4 in his own half. They just don’t use his ball strengths and avoid passing the ball deep in midfield. A complete waste of a player. 

But I know you won’t agree Lez. 

Didn’t see the game tonight, playing Uno with the kids, I’m sure my daughter cheats though!!  Like reading your stuff.  Nice one ??????

11 hours ago, Sturny said:

Fulham vs Brentford final would be class 

Interesting match........Both sides play excellent passing football, with an emphasis on pace and technique.  Fulham have spent a lot of money, whereas Brentford have achieved it by picking up mostly lower league players and moulding and coaching them into a coherent team.   That's why we should really be looking for a progressive modern coach who does his work on the training pitch.  I like Hughton, but i wonder if he is the right fit, it is becoming increasingly interesting who we will end up going for.  I'd love us to go for a young foreign coach looking to make a name for himself, but i will be pleasantly surprised if we go down that route?

25 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Fulham look well in control here. They’d have to really screw up to lose it now. Cardiff are bang average.

Fulham would never lose at home to a bang average team!

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

if Scott Parker gets this wrong will he be sacked? I only ask as I think LJ is a Fulham fan and he'd be well up for that job

It doesn't follow Fulham would be interested in LJ.... why would they be?

9 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

if Scott Parker gets this wrong will he be sacked? I only ask as I think LJ is a Fulham fan and he'd be well up for that job

No I don’t think so, and if they did Fulham would be aiming higher than Lee. But I’ve just been watching him and thinking what a smart young Manager he is.

Archived