IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

I’d not be too disappointed with Paul Cook, I think he’s a very good manager, proven in the Championship and has left all the clubs he’s managed in a much better place than when he joined them. Some of the replies to McGregor’s tweet were utterly cringeworthy.

4 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Would take Him if Hughton wasn’t available

worked miracles with Wigan this season and has 3 promotions to his name

reckon the fan base will be 50/50 with this appointment 

It shouldn't be hard to persuade people to get behind him though...good candidate I'd have said.

The only logical explanation for the delay is that we wanted to interview a candidate (or two) in a job.

If the rumour that he & Alex Neil have both been interviewed is true this makes a lot of sense.

Be more than happy with him.

A chunk of our fanbase will no doubt turn their news up at him because he's not Gerrard or Hughton. I can understand that in a way after all the rumours about more glamorous potential managers.

As I said on the Hughton thread, in some ways he might be a better fit. He's used to working within a budget and has a very respectable record of his own.

I think he'd be a very decent choice and might be exactly what we need. 

I would take him if Hughton wasn't available. I'd probably also take him if Hughton was available.

Track record of getting the best out of players on limited resources and did wonders at Wigan during the last weeks of the season to keep the squad together and working hard.

To me, he's someone who has done a solid job under the radar who clearly knows how to motivate players and get results. I'd be very happy with this. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Ah misread your post. Good to see so many happy with Cook. He was my number one from the start so really hope this happens.  Sure the more casual fan will be upset but there you go! 

I think he's a good option because he can work within a budget, which in these current times is paramount, plays decent football with a limited squad, just what we need imo. I never liked the Gerrard idea and not sure if Chris Hughton would come to City if there is a small budget for players.

Archived