IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

It’s a cracking appointment - a guy who just got his team relegated to then in turn promote us ASAP. I see no issue here at all. We are defo choosing the right person, thank god for the rigour in the process 

Yes because Cook is responsible for Wigan's owners being ***** ? Real terms Wigan only had a few points less than us

Just now, Lrrr said:

Yes because Cook is responsible for Wigan's owners being ***** ? Real terms Wigan only had a few points less than us

Was slightly tongue in cheek, but I know a few Wigan fans, he was under pressure there not so long ago. Their squad was actually decent, he was getting stick for odd selections and not getting the best from their players. In fairness he did have a hell of a second half of the season, but you gotta admit choosing a guy whose team was relegated this season to lead us to promotion next is funny. 

I would be over the moon with Cook to be honest. He is my second choice.

A real mans manager, promotions on his CV and worked wonders at a very poorly run Wigan. I’m pleasantly surprised we’re looking at him, as I didn’t think he would fit the boards brand project.

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Was slightly tongue in cheek, but I know a few Wigan fans, he was under pressure there not so long ago. Their squad was actually decent, he was getting stick for odd selections and not getting the best from their players. In fairness he did have a hell of a second half of the season, but you gotta admit choosing a guy whose team was relegated this season to lead us to promotion next is funny. 

Martinez got the Everton job after relegating Wigan, its nothing new to Wigan seeing their manager move onto a bigger club after relegation

Just now, Rocky said:

Not that anyone knows for sure but interesting that he wanted to move back up north after leaving Pompey. Now he fancies coming back down south? 

Not dead against him, just not overwhelmed with joy. 

That's consistent with what I have read elsewhere so it is surprising. I am with you on the excitement point. From a vanity perspective, I would like a manager to elevate the profile of this club somewhat. I feel like we've taken the club to a new level and City should be seen as a more fashionable club.

However, I appreciate that he has done a remarkable job with Wigan and the stories of him personally ringing all of those made redundant is fantastic. 

15 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

It’s a cracking appointment - a guy who just got his team relegated to then in turn promote us ASAP. I see no issue here at all. We are defo choosing the right person, thank god for the rigour in the process 

Do you even watch football? They’d have finished 4pts behind us if it weren’t for the points deduction. 

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

How did Martinez do at Everton? 

ppg average over a 38 game season was 59, goals per game over same was 63 scored and 51 conceded. The 59 points average would've been 6th-8th this season goal difference dependant. 

Just now, Lrrr said:

ppg average over a 38 game season was 59, goals per game over same was 63 scored and 51 conceded. The 59 points average would've been 6th-8th this season goal difference dependant. 

Paul Cook would be an excellent appointment for Bristol City.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Do you even watch football? They’d have finished 4pts behind us if not for administration. 

Do you even watch football? They’d have finished 4pts behind us if not for administration. 

Say it again for the people at the back mate 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

After Hughton. I would be happy with Paul Cook. Up to some of the names being mentioned 

Doesn’t take long to change does it 

No and no doubt it will change again once another interview has been confirmed.

If Cook is the favoured choice it also shows why we were willing to wait for the end of the season, no way Cook was leaving Wigan in the lurch before the end of season and wouldn't be getting interviewed until after

Archived