IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There is a suggestion that he was ready to quit anyway due to the situation at Wigan, but on the face of it you'd expect him to have something lined up.

It could go-  Neil to Bristol, Cook to Preston.

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Could well be - not sure about Cook personally.

Good record of promotions and has done well at Wigan, but he reminds me of Cotterill in his demeanour and that didn't end well. Also not sure of Neil as he appears to be a dour bloke who is a bit abrasive (just how he comes across to me - SOD like), although his fits the profile more so than Cook. 

Hughton for me.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Could well be - not sure about Cook personally.

Good record of promotions and has done well at Wigan, but he reminds me of Cotterill in his demeanour and that didn't end well. Also not sure of Neil as he appears to be a dour bloke who is a bit abrasive (just how he comes across to me - SOD like), although his fits the profile more so than Cook. 

Hughton for me.

I just think if it was to be Hughton we would have appointed him weeks ago ,   If he was our number one target why go through the process of interviewing ? We seem to have gone a long way round to then appoint Hughton 

16 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I wondered that.

Plus if Neil & Holden did their badges together we might prefer he kept him on as his assistant.,

Just now, daored said:

I just think if it was to be Hughton we would have appointed him weeks ago ,   If he was our number one target why go through the process of interviewing ? We seem to have gone a long way round to then appoint Hughton 

I'm guessing like everyone else, but if they employ Hughton they'll maybe have to make some changes to the structure which may cost money. They may be sounding out others who will fit in seamlessly with how things have been for the last four years.

I don't know, but having thought about it, I'm not giving up on Hughton just yet.

34 minutes ago, daored said:

Was he our number one target? I would suggest he was a person of interest, but there are others that can be interviewed and eliminated. CH apparently said he was interested, not the other way round.

54 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

The press is saying the administrators at Wigan consider Cook an asset on the books, so will hold him to his contract until and if compensation is paid.

Could be reason for delay if he is the man the board want.

Yeah could be a protracted negotiation going on. My gut tells me that our board would choose a softer touch over Cook, but who knows.

7 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Was he our number one target? I would suggest he was a person of interest, but there are others that can be interviewed and eliminated. CH apparently said he was interested, not the other way round.

Exactly,, why would we be interested in in someone with 2 promotions from the Championship and a play off finish on their CV when we have Dean Holden interested....................

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

As someone with £27.78 at 18/1 on Cook being our new manager, somehow in my head it seems more likely we’ll sign Cook if this thread is near the top of the page. 

So here it is... bump. 

£27.78?  Is that a mystical lucky number? 

Reminds me of the Bottom episode where they are all trying to raise funds for a dead cert in the 3.30 at Kempton named Sad Ken.

Turned out to be a stich up, horse was blind and only had 3 legs. They shot it...and the jockey.

Hopefully none of this is true for Paul Cook ?

43 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Reminds me of the Bottom episode where they are all trying to raise funds for a dead cert in the 3.30 at Kempton named Sad Ken.

Turned out to be a stich up, horse was blind and only had 3 legs. They shot it...and the jockey.

Hopefully none of this is true for Paul Cook ?

I doubt it. If Paul Cook had 3 legs he'd probably be partaking in some other type of career.

The type of career you may see on the big screens at the Sags patch of land :whistle:

21 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

The press is saying the administrators at Wigan consider Cook an asset on the books, so will hold him to his contract until and if compensation is paid.

Could be reason for delay if he is the man the board want.

Makes sense. They have the right, if not a duty to extract and maximise any potential revenue stream for benefit of the business and creditors.

It's a new one though. Can't say I've heard of it before with respect to managers of a club in administration.

Archived