IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is that the Monk that many of the experts on here wanted at Bristol City, last time were were recruiting..?! 

Personally, I think Monk is a decent manager.  I think he would’ve been a decent fit here 4.5 years ago.  He did a good job at Brum in difficult circumstances.

My thoughts on him coming to City now have cooled, but I still think he would’ve been good at the time.

Just now, mozo said:

What's he done wrong at Wednesday?

I've no idea, not been following them very closely. 

Ask the Sheffield Wednesday fans who don't seem to like him much. 

Ask the Leeds, Boro & Brum directors, not of who'd saw fit to give him more than 15 months in charge.... ?‍♂️

Monk was just the fashionable name last time and hasn’t really done anything in the game, apart from turn Swansea into relegation candidates.

Chris Hughton is the fashionable choice this time, although with a far better managerial record and success. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Personally, I think Monk is a decent manager.  I think he would’ve been a decent fit here 4.5 years ago.  He did a good job at Brum in difficult circumstances.

My thoughts on him coming to City now have cooled, but I still think he would’ve been good at the time.

Monk I'm unsure on.

At Swansea he took after a very good first season, their style and results south markedly.

In his first final third of a season, post Laudrup he reinvigorated them in the League with Laudrup's side and reasonably consistent in their style albeit with some tweaks no doubt.

Middlesbrough, probably harshly sacked.

Leeds he did a good job at but IMO, possibly should have seen it over the line into 6th? Still did a good job!

Birmingham, he did well enough in the circs but his wage bill was not insubstantial. Would also suggest there was scope to play a bit more football at times to get the best out of Jota.

Sheffield Wednesday. Bit of dejavu, financial chaos! Surged to third by the halfway point but a disastrous 2nd half of the season. First half had seen them nearly safe though but not exactly poorly resourced wage wise.

I can't make my mind up on him, I do note that he's showing a bit more versatility tactically. 3-5-2 for a start.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Frankly he comes across as a total knobhead and a chancer other than that ...

You’ve cut and pasted that from comments about other OTIB posters haven’t you?

18 minutes ago, Malago said:

Well according to GMcG, Cook is the likely appointment.  With the start of preseason only a week away, it’s reasonable to assume there will be an appointment some time this week.

It was reasonable to assume that last week and the week before that! ?

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Where has he said this?

I don’t think he has. Bristol live reporting Cook favourite. That’s as far as it goes. Would love to be a fly on the wall around the Lansdowns and Mark Ashton now. 

wonder if they are split over this protracted boring head coach hunt.  With pre season about to land on us got to be a decision this week. 
either way I have promised myself will not visit this forum again until press conference announced. 

Just now, Northern Red said:

But, but, Holden went odds on last night which meant it was definitely going to be him....

Hughton now 16/1 - probably be him :laughcont:

What a carry on.

Carry on Appointing (Syd James as Ashton)

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's back in the room.

1/5 favourite....

Oooh. That’s getting towards insider knowledge territory.

we need to see 1/20 and then betting closed and then that’ll be that I reckon (hope). 

He’d be a top notch appointment. 

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

Could make a much much worse appointment

I’ll go a step further, there aren’t many better appointments we could make. 

On 03/08/2020 at 07:44, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Cook to be announced today 

It’s not just Cook’s odds it’s everyone else’s too; Hughton is now 16/1 for example.

I have said a number of times now how thoroughly underwhelmed I will be if is Cook, but he is definitely a better choice than Holden. 

3 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Could make a much much worse appointment

For sure mate, not even in my top 5 but he’s better than many on the list. 

I don't think anyone has been as strong in the betting as this so, for the first time, it might be a decent indicator of the outcome.

I think Dean holden will be retained and that makes sense in terms of finances and giving Cook someone who knows the Club and players well.

Wouldn't be bothered if Jamie McAllister left to focus on his restaurant and staff recruitment.

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

seems to be the most obvious choice now. We've said we wanted him but dont want to pay the compensation, so either resign or risk losing out. He's resigned and it's been formal negotiations since

How does that look morally? They are in a shit position financially due to a crooked owner. Any money we should have paid wouldn't have gone to him but the administrators? Hardly a gesture of good faith is it.

Archived