IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

Makes me laugh.

One minute anything that is published with the post, whether it's in print, online or on Gregor's twitter is absolutely rubbish, and is usually the complete opposite of what they say. Then the next minute everything that is posted is taken as absolute gospel.

I'm not knocking him and saying he's talking waffle but some people on here must be so desperate for information they'll believe anything at the minute!

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not sure what point you are making. The club knew on the day they sacked Johnson what the timescales were leading into next season. It should be clear to anyone that they had to act faster than normal. They either haven’t acted fast enough or they cannot decide, either way they have made next season more difficult than it needed to be......whoever ends up with the job.

You are missing the point around time scales. Ok we all agree LJ should of gone probably a week or  two earlier.

the new manager would allready be aware of who is in the mix around players etc as this would of been part of his interview process where he would of been asked around the existing squads abilities in regards to poor areas and strong areas. 

You need to take on board an empty hole in a major company or football club for 4 to 5 weeks does not need to be worried about in what is now technically an off season.

The board of directors are not stupid after all their income Or some of their income  is linked to the club.

How can you claim next season is going to be more difficult ?

remeber the story of the rabbit and the hare ? Who eventually wins 

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Maybe both of them. Robbie as Gerrard's Assistant?

(I'm not being serious by the way) At least I don't think I am.

Well all of us do not really now but who ever it is we need to support and we all will

1 minute ago, City oz said:

You are missing the point around time scales. Ok we all agree LJ should of gone probably a week or  two earlier.

the new manager would allready be aware of who is in the mix around players etc as this would of been part of his interview process where he would of been asked around the existing squads abilities in regards to poor areas and strong areas. 

You need to take on board an empty hole in a major company or football club for 4 to 5 weeks does not need to be worried about in what is now technically an off season.

The board of directors are not stupid after all their income Or some of their income  is linked to the club.

The next manager needs to make decisions on existing players (although one or two seem to have been made for him which is bizarre). In addition he will need to get the feelers out on targets, if he is allowed any, in competition with other clubs who have already no doubt been sounding out agents regardless of being in a very short off season. It’s far more difficult to sound out players on the basis you might get the job.

The longer we take the lower down the pecking order we become (particularly if Dean Holden is eventually appointed). It certainly cannot make things easier for the club, that’s for sure.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The next manager needs to make decisions on existing players (although one or two seem to have been made for him which is bizarre). In addition he will need to get the feelers out on targets, if he is allowed any, in competition with other clubs who have already no doubt been sounding out agents regardless of being in a very short off season. It’s far more difficult to sound out players on the basis you might get the job.

The longer we take the lower down the pecking order we become (particularly if Dean Holden is eventually appointed). It certainly cannot make things easier for the club, that’s for sure.

Unless we are going with what we have already got minus the ones we are going to lose. If that is the case then strap yourselves in everyone because its going to be a long season!

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Tough one to call. However, I’m pretty confident the hare would lose to a tortoise. Rabbit though?  Tough one ?

At least some of you have a sense of humour. Rabbit, hare, tortoise lets please keep some respect on the clubs  stance either it be ‘gone quiet’ which is a terminology when negotiations are pending a final outcome or are sensitive to the market. To think the delay of four to five weeks in the club announcing the successful candidate is not an issue or will it have an impact on next season.  

1 minute ago, City oz said:

At least some of you have a sense of humour. Rabbit, hare, tortoise lets please keep some respect on the clubs  stance either it be ‘gone quiet’ which is a terminology when negotiations are pending a final outcome or are sensitive to the market. To think the delay of four to five weeks in the club announcing the successful candidate is not an issue or will it have an impact on next season.  

See what you mean. But, they leaked ‘7-10 days’ to Gregor two weeks ago. Something, somewhere has gone wrong. Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, but this is a process that, for whatever reason, has spun out of control and ignoring your customers in times of uncertainty is never a good policy. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cook break from football.

Makes sense in a way. That last few weeks at Wigan will have been pretty terrible, he'll be a bit drained IMO.

It could also be the reason the administrators waived compensation for him. A mix of recognition for his work and acceptance that he wasn't just walking into another job.

Well, sources suggest he was interviewed and we cannot interview him against his will... that only points to one thing... if we end up with Holden it’s a bloody disgrace. 

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well, sources suggest he was interviewed and we cannot interview him against his will... that only points to one thing... if we end up with Holden it’s a bloody disgrace. 

Administrators were refusing to release Cook for a while, he is or was classed as an asset for one. Compensation clause in his contract.

Perhaps the need for compensation put the club off? If he quit Wigan and then joined us or another club swiftly you can bet there would be legal and financial wrangling.

There is precedent for this albeit not with administration. In 2001, Simon Jordan was so incensed that Steve Bruce quit Crystal Palace to move to Birmingham that he took out an injunction to keep him on gardening leave or similar.

It was eventually resolved but I wouldn't put it past the administrators to look at some kind of response had he joined someone else swiftly after leaving Wigan.

1 hour ago, James54De said:

What, can only one manager take a break at once? 

Nobody likes a smartass. You fully well know what I meant and only succeeded in making yourself look silly and even less people will take you seriously.

I fully expect you to aubergine me, standard from you, so if you want to confirm the above please go right ahead.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Nobody likes a smartass. You fully well know what I meant and only succeeded in making yourself look silly and even less people will take you seriously.

I fully expect you to aubergine me, standard from you, so if you want to confirm the above please go right ahead.

The **** are you on about? 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, in a nutshell.

Fulham job out of the way.  Could be some serious discussions going on to repair damage in interview.  Or else Holden it is.

Damage in interview ? 

What damage is that then  ?

20 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmmm. 

Perhaps you are correct technically, but to say 'He won nothing' is somewhat disparaging of Alan Dicks reign at Ashton Gate: Leeds and promotion to Division One wasn't bad, even if he never actually 'won nothing'.

I am only saying that as a club we seem to have very low expectations, as our most successful period was over 40 years ago and amounted to a limited spell in the top league, followed by a slide down the football league.

Maybe Holden (if chosen) will be successful, but if it were my choice and I was serious regarding building success I would opt for a more recognised candidate that has the CV with promotion on it.

as a club we are in a good place, amazing stadium and supporting infrastructure. A good academy and good scouting network that continually produces very good championship players. If we want to progress we need a manager who will not have their best assets sold and be permitted to build a solid foundation to get us to the next level. I am not sure that Holden will be allowed to rebuke boardroom decisions that undermine his playing and coaching staff, for that reason, I fear he will get the job. And if he does I will support it, but will definitely not be inspired by it.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Administrators were refusing to release Cook for a while, he is or was classed as an asset for one. Compensation clause in his contract.

Perhaps the need for compensation put the club off? If he quit Wigan and then joined us or another club swiftly you can bet there would be legal and financial wrangling.

There is precedent for this albeit not with administration. In 2001, Simon Jordan was so incensed that Steve Bruce quit Crystal Palace to move to Birmingham that he took out an injunction to keep him on gardening leave or similar.

It was eventually resolved but I wouldn't put it past the administrators to look at some kind of response had he joined someone else swiftly after leaving Wigan.

So Wigan admin “yes you can talk to PC but if you appoint him you need to pay us compo”

City “let’s get him interviewed and see if we think he’s worth going through a negotiation re compo”

Could be valid, City not impressed enough to take further.

Cook - I’ll take some time out, wait to see if Burnley job available. 

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Damage in interview ? 

What damage is that then  ?

The rumours that CH not happy with lack of control over transfers. 

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Someones nicked the aubergine!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Well, thats where the compromises have to be on one side or the other - probably on the clubs side as Hughton will be in demand and there are/will be jobs which will interest him. Same for any other decent manager I would think.

Lets hope the club makes that tweak - or Holden gets in the back door.

2 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Someones nicked the aubergine!

Last seen sticking out of Lez's arse.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So Wigan admin “yes you can talk to PC but if you appoint him you need to pay us compo”

City “let’s get him interviewed and see if we think he’s worth going through a negotiation re compo”

Could be valid, City not impressed enough to take further.

Cook - I’ll take some time out, wait to see if Burnley job available. 

Sounds sensible re the Cook points but sounds like a bit of a mess re Hughton and the clubs stances. Oh dear.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

perhaps they've spoken to Steve Coppell

I guess football is the same as any other business, lots of gossip and rumour and mud sticks/no smoke without fire. No doubt who you know can open doors but after hearing things people can close them too.

4 hours ago, City oz said:

He who dares Rodders!

Archived