IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

OK a bit out there, but here is my opinion/guess on what is going on. 1st I don't think Holden is getting the job - just do not see it happening. 

Cook tried to leave Wigan they kept him because of comp, but eventually was allowed to leave as long as he didn't have anything lined up. Reports he's taking a break from football + reports we look like we are looking elsewhere. We now 'have a change a heart' and approach PC he is announced end of week ready for new season - no compensation because this was not pre planned in anyway 'honest guv', we get the manger we want and compensation is not needed.

10 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

OK a bit out there, but here is my opinion/guess on what is going on. 1st I don't think Holden is getting the job - just do not see it happening. 

Cook tried to leave Wigan they kept him because of comp, but eventually was allowed to leave as long as he didn't have anything lined up. Reports he's taking a break from football + reports we look like we are looking elsewhere. We now 'have a change a heart' and approach PC he is announced end of week ready for new season - no compensation because this was not pre planned in anyway 'honest guv', we get the manger we want and compensation is not needed.

If only mate, anybody (bar Pulis) except Holden.

23 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

There is no way cook would want to work under Ashton, the Lansdown after being pissed about. He strikes me as a guy who doesn’t suffer fools gladly..

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Administrators would have something to say about that!

Misled, false pretences. Is there a possible tapping up angle too. 

At the very least they would look for compensation IMO. Could they even sue Cook for his buyout clause/compensation due for breach of contract? (In practice the club would pay it).

I should add, might be worth- I've had a look and will post it again - googling "Steve Bruce Simon Jordan injunction".

This was back in 2001, and didn't involve administration but as Cook was deemed an asset...

Well in short Bruce quit, Jordan took out an injunction. Think it took 5-6 weeks to be resolved, but could have been quite significantly longer had Jordan dug in.

He seemed to lose interest though once Crystal Palace got a new manager. From what I read earlier it happened in early November 2001 and the next hearing/phase was due in early/mid January 2002 but as I say Jordan let it go around mid December 2001.

6 minutes ago, daored said:

Didn’t he say the other day he was taking a break from football ?

There's a theory that Gregor mistakenly inferred Cook was taking a break, meaning Howe. Not seen any other reference to it.

51 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Cook did have an interview and isn't looking to take a break from football.......

That's a shame. Do genuinely think he'd have been a good choice if Hughton didn't take the job, would have gone against SL's grain of 'yes men'

Archived