Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

11 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Supposedly TalkSport tweeted that we are about to announce Cook, then deleted. Probably a fake. Someone else posted this screenshot:

DC838DBF-25EE-45DB-9322-4ABA6F7D7174.jpeg

Hmm, doesn't look real. The triangular TS logo in the middle is off-centre. Good try though whoever made it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Was he our number one target? I would suggest he was a person of interest, but there are others that can be interviewed and eliminated. CH apparently said he was interested, not the other way round.

Exactly,, why would we be interested in in someone with 2 promotions from the Championship and a play off finish on their CV when we have Dean Holden interested....................

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

As someone with £27.78 at 18/1 on Cook being our new manager, somehow in my head it seems more likely we’ll sign Cook if this thread is near the top of the page. 

So here it is... bump. 

£27.78?  Is that a mystical lucky number? 

Reminds me of the Bottom episode where they are all trying to raise funds for a dead cert in the 3.30 at Kempton named Sad Ken.

Turned out to be a stich up, horse was blind and only had 3 legs. They shot it...and the jockey.

Hopefully none of this is true for Paul Cook 😂

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Reminds me of the Bottom episode where they are all trying to raise funds for a dead cert in the 3.30 at Kempton named Sad Ken.

Turned out to be a stich up, horse was blind and only had 3 legs. They shot it...and the jockey.

Hopefully none of this is true for Paul Cook 😂

I doubt it. If Paul Cook had 3 legs he'd probably be partaking in some other type of career.

The type of career you may see on the big screens at the Sags patch of land :whistle:

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

The press is saying the administrators at Wigan consider Cook an asset on the books, so will hold him to his contract until and if compensation is paid.

Could be reason for delay if he is the man the board want.

Makes sense. They have the right, if not a duty to extract and maximise any potential revenue stream for benefit of the business and creditors.

It's a new one though. Can't say I've heard of it before with respect to managers of a club in administration.

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I would think so. They won’t have a squad by the end of August the rate they’re selling at. Jumping off a sinking ship there

He seem a strong favourite for Burnley it Dyche leaves , maybe getting ready for that ?

• TomF changed the title to Paul Cook