IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

58 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

"The latest football news and rumours brought to you by an esteemed group of ex-journalists and reporters."

2k followers..

And they posted it over 2 hours ago with no other outlet picking it up.

Having looked at some of the other stories they are posting I’d have to say the story is premature. I suspect they’ve taken a gamble that it might end up being true.

One of their other post seems to value Tiago, of Bayern Munich, at £50M ? 

COYR.

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Paul Cook has won 104 league games since the start of the 2015-16 season; only Chris Wilder (119), Jurgen Klopp (118) and Pep Guardiola (113) have won more in the English top four tiers in this time.

He has a win ratio of 43.6% as a manager

2 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I’d still prefer CH whose win rate is 40.6 % but I’d be happy with Paul Cook as an alternative

.... especially as CH wins will have been at a higher level.  

Would still prefer CH, but PC is growing on me more, the longer this thing drags on. 

5 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Fair comment. I was just so geared up for us to finally complete the jigsaw with a big name manager like Hughton that Paul Cook being appointed just feels to me uninspiring. 

Paul Cook’s win ratio for his last 3 clubs (*according to WIKI):

Chesterfield: 44.8%
Portsmouth: 48.6%
Wigan: 41.3%

Judging by those percentages, he may not be as uninspiring as you may initially think.

I’d also have say he is someone I think we could all get behind! I he was appointed.

COYR.

All these win ratios are annoying and misleading, the fact is that this season, and this season alone, his win ratio over 46 championship games was 32% which isn't nearly as impressive as his EFL record. All this does is show the difference between League one and the Championship. 

In perspective Swansea, who finished in the last play off position by pretty much the last kick of the season had a win ratio of 39%,that is a big difference! 

The only win ratio that matters with a manager in relevance to a Championship job is their win ratio in that league. I'm not saying Cook won't do better with us or that he's not got potential but these win ratio discussions are misleading and out of context. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

All these win ratios are annoying and misleading, the fact is that this season, and this season alone, his win ratio over 46 championship games was 32% which isn't nearly as impressive as his EFL record. All this does is show the difference between League one and the Championship. 

In perspective Swansea, who finished in the last play off position by pretty much the last kick of the season had a win ratio of 39%,that is a big difference! 

The only win ratio that matters with a manager in relevance to a Championship job is their win ratio in that league. I'm not saying Cook won't do better with us or that he's not got potential but these win ratio discussions are misleading and out of context. 

32% with Wigan is damn impressive IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

I dislike win ratio.....points per game is better.

41 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Paul Cook’s win ratio for his last 3 clubs (*according to WIKI):

Chesterfield: 44.8%
Portsmouth: 48.6%
Wigan: 41.3%

Judging by those percentages, he may not be as uninspiring as you may initially think.

I’d also have say he is someone I think we could all get behind! I he was appointed.

COYR.

A 40% win rate would give us average points of 57, then add 13 draws and we'd get 70 points 

Hardly world beating 

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Also this season, both Johnson & Cook’s losing league ratio was 36.96% (but Wigan lost only 7 matches from 30th November 2019 to end of the season).

COYR.

If Paul Cook has just resigned I am not sure how he could have already been interviewed, as has been reported, unless Wigan gave us permission to speak with him. If that's the case, and he comes here, then legal action is inevitable.

Archived