IGNORED

Paul Cook

BCFC1512

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If Paul Cook has just resigned I am not sure how he could have already been interviewed, as has been reported, unless Wigan gave us permission to speak with him. If that's the case, and he comes here, then legal action is inevitable.

Surely if Wigan gave us permission to interview Cook, legal action would not be inevitable.

COYR.

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If Paul Cook has just resigned I am not sure how he could have already been interviewed, as has been reported, unless Wigan gave us permission to speak with him. If that's the case, and he comes here, then legal action is inevitable.

Comes down to if the administrators have let him go as they're the ones in charge now. Also Wigan's press release said he left his role as 1st team manager

1 hour ago, Tangle Foot said:

Paul Cook’s win ratio for his last 3 clubs (*according to WIKI):

Chesterfield: 44.8%
Portsmouth: 48.6%
Wigan: 41.3%

Judging by those percentages, he may not be as uninspiring as you may initially think.

I’d also have say he is someone I think we could all get behind! I he was appointed.

COYR.

Think this myself. I think the fans will love him , if appointed of course 

18 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Surely if Wigan gave us permission to interview Cook, legal action would not be inevitable.

COYR.

It would now. Because he has left. Thus Wigan will not get compensation. So if they gave us permission it would be on the basis that compensation would be negotiated if he were to be selected!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/29/paul-cook-resigns-as-manager-of-troubled-wigan-before-appeal-hearing

/\

Wigan would have been due compensation had he moved directly into another job, but it is understood Cook has told the administrators he does not have another position lined up

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

.... especially as CH wins will have been at a higher level.  

Would still prefer CH, but PC is growing on me more, the longer this thing drags on. 

Agreed. Some context needs to be given to getting Portsmouth out of LG2 (false division with their support and resource) and also getting Wigan into the championship which Gary Caldwell managed with them also. 

Can’t see what he’s got that will take us from mid table championship into the premier league?  It’s more of a gamble than CH for me. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

?? getting defeatist with stats from previous clubs ?? only city fans can be like this ******* hell ?

Its so depressing isn’t it.  Steve Cotterill won percentage very low before we appointed him. That worked out alright.  

Dont get fans trying to find angles to be annoyed 

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It would now. Because he has left. Thus Wigan will not get compensation. So if they gave us permission it would be on the basis that compensation would be negotiated if he were to be selected!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/29/paul-cook-resigns-as-manager-of-troubled-wigan-before-appeal-hearing

/\

Wigan would have been due compensation had he moved directly into another job, but it is understood Cook has told the administrators he does not have another position lined up

Interesting. So he's not about to be announced then..... 

Jon L will probably be trolling social media all weekend before announcing something at 9am Monday :whistle:

10 minutes ago, Back of the net said:

Agreed. Some context needs to be given to getting Portsmouth out of LG2 (false division with their support and resource) and also getting Wigan into the championship which Gary Caldwell managed with them also. 

Can’t see what he’s got that will take us from mid table championship into the premier league?  It’s more of a gamble than CH for me. 

Yeah CH first for me, but if as I expect, we’re going to give him a swerve, PC looks like like the best of the rest, though still a bit of a wild card.

I just have a suspicion that as an up and coming manager who seems to progress wherever he goes, he could just work out for us.

Knowing our luck though, we’ll turn out to be a step too far and find his ceiling!

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

Interesting. So he's not about to be announced then..... 

Jon L will probably be trolling social media all weekend before announcing something at 9am Monday :whistle:

If he is announced today/soon I suspect there would be an enquiry by the FA and FL. Not to mention the receivers contacting their lawyers.

It may be Paul Cook, but him resigning makes it more difficult for City not less, unless they pay the compensation anyway, which they might well do!

Cook should have waited until there was an annuncement....ALL THIS SUPPOSES THAT HE WAS EVER INTERVIEWED AT ALL.... 

1 hour ago, Tangle Foot said:

Paul Cook’s win ratio for his last 3 clubs (*according to WIKI):

Chesterfield: 44.8%
Portsmouth: 48.6%
Wigan: 41.3%

Judging by those percentages, he may not be as uninspiring as you may initially think.

I’d also have say he is someone I think we could all get behind! I he was appointed.

COYR.

And those teams weren't exactly awash with quality players.....imagine what he could do with our squad.

1 minute ago, Street red said:

None of this makes sense what so ever.. So city are on the second string of interviews if that's true?which means that cooks not been interviewed first time around due to being employed by wigan? 

Just proves that nobody on here or in the media know anything. Hughton has expressed an interest , Cook has resigned as Wigan manager the rest is just gossip 

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If he is announced today/soon I suspect there would be an enquiry by the FA and FL. Not to mention the receivers contacting their lawyers.

It may be Paul Cook, but him resigning makes it more difficult for City not less, unless they pay the compensation anyway, which they might well do!

Cook should have waited until there was an annuncement....ALL THIS SUPPOSES THAT HE WAS EVER INTERVIEWED AT ALL.... 

If he is the new guy, I'd expect City would pay compensation regardless, if nothing else to make it look less "messy".

It does make me think that Cooke may not even be in the running after all of this!!

Just now, daored said:

Just proves that nobody on here or in the media know anything. Hughton has expressed an interest , Cook has resigned as Wigan manager the rest is just gossip 

Exactly that's why all this makes no sense from any source what so ever,In my years of supporting city I've never known anything like this.. But hey it's been a strange old year.

52 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

A 40% win rate would give us average points of 57, then add 13 draws and we'd get 70 points 

Hardly world beating 

Stats are for geeks....the guy has promoted the last three teams he has managed....that's enough for me.

Just now, Street red said:

Exactly that's why all this makes no sense from any source what so ever,In my years of supporting city I've never known anything like this.. But hey it's been a strange old year.

It is , it’s remarkable how the club have kept it so quiet. On the basis that Tinnion & Jon Lansdown are now starting to teeet suggests appointment is close 

54 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Nudge not nudge wink wink 

19 minutes ago, daored said:

It is , it’s remarkable how the club have kept it so quiet. On the basis that Tinnion & Jon Lansdown are now starting to teeet suggests appointment is close 

The already know enough about him anyway, plus his people would probably be able to do a presentation on his behalf you would assume.

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

Promotions in leagues below ours in comparison to a man who has manages to achieve 2 promotions out of this league? I'm failing to see the hype. 

Promotion out of any league is an achievement, but to do it at different clubs consistently is fantastic

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The already know enough about him anyway, plus his people would probably be able to do a presentation on his behalf you would assume.

Sorry wasn’t on about Cook in particular was more about how the club have kept this so secretive throughout the process 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Sorry wasn’t on about Cook in particular was more about how the club have kept this so secretive throughout the process 

I would think the answer is fairly similar to be honest, also we know how much stuff is being done by Zoom and so on these days.

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

Are we talking about Hughton or Cook? 

cook,

He has a winning mentality which is what we need,

Did a great job at Wigan, Chesterfield, Portsmouth, silgo,

Hughton is my choice but cook would do a good job here, 

Archived