IGNORED

Dean Holden Short Listed

bcfc01

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't believe it will be Holden. I just think City may have felt obliged to at least give him an interview. 

If the unthinkable happened would I walk away. Of course not, true supporters support their team through thick and thin not run away throwing their toys out of the cot as they go. 

After supporting this team for over 50 years, only five of which have really seen us successful, I am not quite ready to be told I am not a 'true' supporter, or that I am 'throwing anything out of anywhere'.

We cannot hear from the Lansdowns that PL football is the ambition in the very near term and then appoint one of the co-architects of our current situation.  True supporter or not, after half a century I AM entitled to say FFS I can find better things to do.

Might be worth it just to see what Ashton says after he's appointed

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

We cannot hear from the Lansdowns that PL football is the ambition in the very near term and then appoint one of the co-architects of our current situation.  True supporter or not, after half a century I AM entitled to say FFS I can find better things to do.

Me too brother.

36 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He did a reasonable job in the final few games so don't see why this would be a bad thing, SL has made internal appointments in the past and he'd have the advantage of knowing the squad strengths and weaknesses. Time is on his side with the new season not that far away

Ok Dean,,,no need to milk it..........

After taking the Hummel hoodie I ordered for my nipper out of the bag and having a look.... I didn’t think today could get any worse, city wise.

Of course I was wrong. 

Cheap and nasty all round. 

My main annoyance with this would be the month’s wait. I could understand if they said that they wanted to keep a progression model for coaches as well, and have it to Holden soon after LJ left.

However, to have been linked to Gerrard, Hughton and Cook, before Holden gets mentioned as a serious candidate, just shows he’s the fall back option.

Don’t think the issue is coaching, modern or otherwise. Everyone says LJ is a good modern coach. It’s man management this squad needs. Players tend to respond to experience and a history of success, the reliable but scary father figure, or young but proven internationals, players who were better than them and who walk as well as talk. That was part of LJ’s problem and DH is hardly likely to fare better.

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder if he had a different 3 in midfield, how good we may have looked under Holden.

I was not that keen on the Fam and Wells strike force either.

So a few changes in who plays in that system, and I wonder how good we could have looked.

But I wouldn't want him. Did a decent job though. Boro away was a superb performance.

You don’t always have to try and put a spin on it ?

I would definitely cancel my DD if they appointed Dean Holden **** that nonsense

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I suggested that Mark Ashton & Jon Lansdown might want to Google Jimmy Lumsden & Keith Millen if they don’t know who they are.

Are we seriously suggesting appointing someone because they beat Boro? (as let’s face it, everyone beat Hull).

Probably only Mike Flynn has been a worse serious idea than this.

Agreed. How could an extensive trawl of potential managers to take the club to the next stage yield the name Dean Holden? 

I could just about see how either Hughton or Cook might fit...but as anything other than a courtesy nod Holden is surely some sort of wind-up? 

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

My main annoyance with this would be the month’s wait. I could understand if they said that they wanted to keep a progression model for coaches as well, and have it to Holden soon after LJ left.

However, to have been linked to Gerrard, Hughton and Cook, before Holden gets mentioned as a serious candidate, just shows he’s the fall back option.

Have a season ticket for next season. If they appoint DH. They will never get another penny from me  . No ambition what so ever . Just nodding donkeys 

Just as I thought this recruitment farce could not be worse, this news appears. Holden. Surely not even Lansdown could be that clueless. The great hope of Hughton and then to appoint Holden. Let's hope it will never happen. To appoint the cheap option who has won nothing and learned his trade under Johnson. Madness.

The only possible justification for appointing Holden is if Lj had done a brilliant job and been poached by a PL club.  But he AND his coaches did an awful job with the resources they had. If Holden had no part in that, what was he doing at the club?

Archived