IGNORED

Dean Holden Short Listed

bcfc01

GCMG tweets (at just after 6pm):

'To clarify: shortlisted candidates still in the race to be next #BristolCity head coach include Chris Hughton, Paul Cook, Dean Holden - and 2-3 unknown others. Second round interviews now; appointment in next few days. (Players were told 7-10 days last week). No one in the lead.'

This might not be a popular opinion, but I don't hate this idea. I'd have Holden over Cook.

My thinking is that he knows our squad, including youth and the loan army, so no lengthy integration or 'missing' some of our promising young players (Walsh, for example, seems oven ready. A new manager might opt to shop).

And second, he uses 3-5-2, a formation I feel yields the best results for us. Defensive solidity is key to any team.

13 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

But Joe Jordan was a giant of a leader on the pitch...it didn't seem at all strange that he stepped up when TC left.

EDIT: that was a different world though - he was 'player-manager' for a bit wasn't he?

You wouldnt have messed with big Joe though 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This place would go up if we appointed Holden as manager...

I would be in utter disbelief like Lansdown has lot the plot if he thinks Holden is the answer. He must know how badly the fan base will react, many won't commit to this silly obsession he had with Tinnion, Millen and LJ only then to move to holden.

If it’s Holden (which it won’t be) he will be getting all his help & direction from LJ. It will essentially still be Johnson in charge. Would be hilarious if it happens mind, be the biggest “**** off” to the fans from Johnny boy for forcing his beloved out.

But i am 1000000% sure it won’t be Holden, it is funny to see the reactions though ?

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

If it’s Holden (which it won’t be) he will be getting all his help & direction from LJ. It will essentially still be Johnson in charge. Would be hilarious if it happens mind, be the biggest “**** off” to the fans from Johnny boy for forcing his beloved out.

But i am 1000000% sure it won’t be Holden, it is funny to see the reactions though ?

What help can LJ  possibly offer?

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I would be in utter disbelief like Lansdown has lot the plot if he thinks Holden is the answer. He must know how badly the fan base will react, many won't commit to this silly obsession he had with Tinnion, Millen and LJ only then to move to holden.

Agreed!

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

Yeah it won't be Holden, but you're right- would smack of that.

I assume it's just doing the process right etc, interview sure why not- in no sense is he the best or most qualified candidate though so yeah 1m% sure it won't be him!

Total non story designed to lower fan expectations. Lansdown has publicly stated he wants Playoffs minimum and a realistic shot at Promotion. He wont be going for someone with no managerial experience at such a critical point in the clubs history. 

Move on. 

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Round two of interviews. FFS do we know how many ******* rounds they are considering doing?

With the massively condensed schedule, I understand the club want to do things right- but we really don't have time!

Last round I read somewhere- possibly Gregor's tweet- took 7-10 days?

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

GCMG tweets (at just after 6pm):

'To clarify: shortlisted candidates still in the race to be next #BristolCity head coach include Chris Hughton, Paul Cook, Dean Holden - and 2-3 unknown others. Second round interviews now; appointment in next few days. (Players were told 7-10 days last week). No one in the lead.'

If any of this is true eg up to 6 still in the running , no one in the lead ? This is up there with most anal appointment process anyone has ever seen , get the **** on with it ! 

2 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Imagine if Holden is appointed and we’re in the bottom six after five games. 
I don’t think I could bear to look at this forum.

The soul of the club would be like it was under Millen, McInnes and SOD. What an utter chore that was to watch and support.

If he is appointed I will be surprised but give him a chance. Some were getting excited about that fella who spent his whole career as a coach for Guardiola, no managerial experience and no experience in the Championship. I’d take Holden over him, if we were called Dino Holdini maybe he’d get more respect.

36 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What has his abilities as a player to do with abilities as a manager. Bobby Charlton was a better player than Jordan but was a disaster as manager of Preston. 

Was meaning respect from other players, potential players having been there and done it playing wise at one of the worlds leading clubs in Man United. And he wasn't a bad manager either.

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The soul of the club would be like it was under Millen, McInnes and SOD. What an utter chore that was to watch and support.

Had the credentials and record to stabilise and steadily improve us- what a disaster that was! Mind you, what a disastrous 3-3 and a half year period it was for us!

Worth noting too that at home, we had quite a bounce under O'Driscoll for a time.

Wolves away felt like the turning point for our survival hopes, mid-March.

Archived