IGNORED

Dean Holden Short Listed

bcfc01

3 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Rather than the cheap appointment, perhaps the club have interviewed him and were impressed by the ideas he had to offer both in terms of going forward and perhaps from feedback he might have given as part of the end of season review. After all Holden came in and immediately changed the formation and by and large kept to the same team for the remaining fixtures which was the total opposite of LJ's tinkering, to what were immediately improved performances. To my mind this suggests that the previous set up towards the end was rather less than the picture painted by LJ of the assistant coaches working collectively and having the ability to question his decisions.

I don't immediately think that this would be a bad appointment, he knows the club, the players and the limitations that our budget creates (sell to buy). He's worked with Dean Smith and from what I've read he has the same management qualifications as Alex Neil.

Of course Houghton has proven success, although you have to question why he has remained out of work for so long,

still being paid compensation by BHA, which allegedly stopped on 30.06.

and Paul Cook does have results with working with a small group of players and on a limited budget, you can't question how he managed to get the results at Wigan to almost keep them up despite the off-field uncertainty which would have undoubtedly been in the back of his mind as well as the players.

I've got some sympathy with those making the decision here, what we are not aware of is some of the underlying factors,

Yep, we are all guessing pretty much.

such as personal demands in terms of renumeration, the level of control required and whether the individual might wish to relocate (if you believe the suggestion that Paul Cook prefers to remain in the North), that might affect the view of those making the decision as well as those allegedly interested.

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Under the present leadership?

Massive difference. I remember Joe while he was City manager, acting as interpreter for the Scotland team in Italy 90 World Cup. He spoke fluent Italian.

Before the finals started, the Scotland team were at San Siro Stadium and when Joe introduced himself to the crowd, the Italian fans erupted in appreciation.

Joe, apart from a couple of other City managers like Cooper and Houghton, is why SL was after Steve Gerrard. A big name legend who gets respect and appreciation from everyone in football.

I understand the club wanting to take their time to get the right person.  What I don’t understand is why Holden is even under consideration, let alone actually being interviewed. 

I can’t think of any logical explanation as to why the club or anyone for that matter, could build a case in favour of Holden.

If Holden is appointed I will be asking for a refund on my ST.

35 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

I understand the club wanting to take their time to get the right person.  What I don’t understand is why Holden is even under consideration, let alone actually being interviewed. 

I can’t think of any logical explanation as to why the club or anyone for that matter, could build a case in favour of Holden.

If Holden is appointed I will be asking for a refund on my ST.

And they'll politely tell you to do one.

9 hours ago, frenchred said:

Just Neil Harris who was internal when appointed at Millwall?

A fulham team who I could get promoted

Steve Cooper was England under 17 manager 

Brentford had the previous groundwork laid by their last two bosses

We have a directionless recruitment plan and a boss who was part of 2 years of the 2nd worst football ever witnessed at ashton gate

Breaking News!

A new name added to Bristol City short list.

Former City academy star Joe Bryan, hero of their famous league cup victory over Manchester United back in the glory days of 2018 has been added to the short list for the vacant position of manager of the west country club.

Following an illustrious playing career at City, Fulham, Spurs and West Ham before retiring at 34, Bryan has impressed in his first managerial role at Reading, taking the ailing club from league 2 to the championship during his time there.

Now in his 80s, but still in charge from his luxurious Guernsey care home, City owner Steve Lansdown commented " Joe was an impressive lad when here as a player and I am not surprised at the success he has already achieved as a manager.He has all the qualities we are looking for in the manager we need to take this club to the next level"

With Chris Hughton stepping down as a candidate for the City job as a result of joining his local Derby & Joan club, Neil Cook having taken the Ranger's job , following Steven Gerrard's departure for Liverpool and  and Dean Holden taking the England manager's job in advance of the next world cup, City needed to boost their list of applicants.

Chairman and Chief Executive, Mark Ashton, welcomed Bryan's addition. " Joe is, of course well known to us her at Ashton Vale. The qualities he showed here as a player, and has already shown as manager at Reading, tick all the right boxes for the role required here, in particular following instructions and doing as he's told. He will be added to our depleted list of candidates so we can now proceed with the exhaustive application process and will be undertaking  proper due diligence to identify the right man for the job, We want to conclude this as quickly as possible as it has been difficult for me to combine the roles of chairman, chief executive, manager and head coach these last few years, but with the shortlist we have compiled I am sure that we will be able to find the man able to restore this great club back to the football league where we rightly belong".

:) 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

We have a directionless recruitment plan and a boss who was part of 2 years of the 2nd worst football ever witnessed at ashton gate

What was the first? 

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I’d probably say their last 4 bosses....Rosler, Warburton, Smith and now Frank.  It’s been a real smooth evolution.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It has been a smooth evolution, but I don’t see why the same couldn’t happen here. People forget that last season (I think) Brentford were in a relegation battle until the last third or so of the season.

I think we very much do have the groundwork in place here. We’re just missing the final piece.

On 31/07/2020 at 11:46, Major Isewater said:

So , Dean , may I call you , Dean?  

Tell me what you have been upto these last four years ? 

I've been part of a team that has failed to deliver. I was unable to make any progressive changes and was part of the leadership team that ultimately failed... Can I have the job?

Steven Gerrard on Steven Davis today...

"First and foremost he's a top human being. He's a lovely lad who goes about his work in a professional way, so it would be fitting if he goes on and breaks it," the former Liverpool captain continued.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

"First and foremost he's a top human being. He's a lovely lad who goes about his work in a professional way, so it would be fitting if he goes on and breaks it," the former Liverpool captain continued.

Yeah I saw that too and chuckled. FFS 

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

They missed out the Eeeerm from the beginning of the quote. :) 

Archived