IGNORED

Dean Holden Short Listed

bcfc01

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't even see the point of interviewing him. We know him. He's even managed us a bit. 

Ah but the Board may not know how good he is on the Kings and Queens of England and whether he can pin a tail on the donkey blindfold. You can only find that out at an interview

SL once said: "Judge me on Tinnion" - and I did. For the last 15+ years, I've suspected SL knows nothing when it comes to choosing football managers. Appointing Holden would prove that beyond any doubt. He, his boy, and Ashton will deserve all the flack heading in their direction if they go down this route. Ambition, my arse.

Somebody at the club is having a laugh at our expense, surely?

Imagine someone at the saying ‘hey, do you want a really good laugh?  Go and log onto OTIB in a few minutes after I’ve fed this little beauty to GMC, it’ll be comedy gold’

After a month of waiting, I can’t make myself believe they’d go down this route, so had to be bs.

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Somebody at the club is having a laugh at our expense, surely?

Imagine someone at the saying ‘hey, do you want a really good laugh?  Go and log onto OTIB in a few minutes after I’ve fed this little beauty to GMC, it’ll be comedy gold’

After a month of waiting, I can’t make myself believe they’d go down this route, so had to be bs.

Serious contender for the job apparently.

I will, of course, fully support whoever gets the job.

However I would be underwhelmed as Hell if it was Holden.

Even in the five games, his ability to change things up during matches or refresh the team worried me. I've heard people speak well of him elsewhere and have read people who've worked with him say he'd be a great appointment for a League One or Two team but I don't think now is the time to gamble on an internal promotion. 

I’m convinced that Gregor keeps pushing this as, in the very very slim chance it happens, he will have grateful source who owes him one. He will have figured it’s a long shot but a win to nothing, as demonstrating loyalty won’t alienate Cook, Hughton or whoever gets it. In other words, it’s cobblers.

I suggested that Mark Ashton & Jon Lansdown might want to Google Jimmy Lumsden & Keith Millen if they don’t know who they are.

Are we seriously suggesting appointing someone because they beat Boro? (as let’s face it, everyone beat Hull).

Probably only Mike Flynn has been a worse serious idea than this.

Please don't be true, been supporting this club through the highs and very lows for 65 years. If it is true please somebody some where around the world give SL a call and see how much he wants.If this is the City playing with the media. All Bristol City fans should be told the truth.

Wow. Im struggling to recall a time when leading up to an appointment, a football club would confirm who they have interviewed so far and that they are in contention. Let alone let that be leaked to the local press.

Either these exclusives are being deliberately leaked as a barometer for supporter reaction (unlikely, clearly majority have wanted CH or equivalent from the start) or Mr G McG is just chatting shit as he knows nothing (most likely).

Keep claiming x, y and z are 'in contention' or 'believe they have been interviewed' and you'll be right eventually.

It's all getting monotonous now.

25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Here’s the tweet. I actually think it’s encouraging because clearly both Hughton and Cook are still in the running, and surely either of them is a lot more likely to get the job than Holden.

DID Holden impress in the last 5 games?

We were better, but the bar was at an all-time low.  Last two games, normal service seemed to have been restored.

Been a City fan since 1965 but this might just be enough for me if it comes to pass.

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

DID Holden impress in the last 5 games?

We were better, but the bar was at an all-time low.  Last two games, normal service seemed to have been restored.

Been a City fan since 1965 but this might just be enough for me if it comes to pass.

No, we still had no midfield and were shit at the back

Archived