IGNORED

Who's conducting the interviews?

spudski

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Would presume just Ashton & Jon Lansdown.

Can’t see why Harman would be involved as well.

That's the problem...it's not clear as to who is involved.

My gut instinct is SL has taken more of a step back and letting MA and JL make the decisions, as it will be them having the day to day involvement with new coach.

As a CEO who's in charge of talent identification etc, would you want an experienced head coach who's been round the block more than you and likely to question and demand more?

That's my worry.

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

My gut instinct is SL has taken more of a step back and letting MA and JL make the decisions, as it will be them having the day to day involvement with new coach.

As a CEO who's in charge of talent identification etc, would you want an experienced head coach who's been round the block more than you and likely to question and demand more?

That's my worry.

It's not a problem. The people who are involved will be clear that they are involved and that's all that matters. If you, me and very other Bristol City knows who is involved, it doesn't make any difference.

Also, suggesting a CEO wouldn't want an experienced coach who would improve the team and be more likely to gain promotion to the premiership so he doesn't have to argue any difficult points or have someone question them so the team can stay a mid-table team is one of the more bizarre conspiracy theories I've seen on here.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

That's my worry.

I said similar last week in the Hughton thread. I think he'd give MA an inferiority complex. He couldn't deal with it and none of his BS would wash with Hughton. 

26 minutes ago, grifty said:

It's not a problem. The people who are involved will be clear that they are involved and that's all that matters. If you, me and very other Bristol City knows who is involved, it doesn't make any difference.

Also, suggesting a CEO wouldn't want an experienced coach who would improve the team and be more likely to gain promotion to the premiership so he doesn't have to argue any difficult points or have someone question them so the team can stay a mid-table team is one of the more bizarre conspiracy theories I've seen on here.

Not a conspiracy theory. It's borne out of many people's observations on how people behave when given power. Whether it's running a business, a voluntary organisation or Government, people are territorial.

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I said similar last week in the Hughton thread. I think he'd give MA an inferiority complex. He couldn't deal with it and none of his BS would wash with Hughton. 

Absolutely, it will be someone Ashton can control and manipulate. I would imagine Luke Werhun (Head of Football Operations) is also involved in interviewing candidates. 

Archived