IGNORED

Who's conducting the interviews?

spudski

45 minutes ago, grifty said:

It's not a problem. The people who are involved will be clear that they are involved and that's all that matters. If you, me and very other Bristol City knows who is involved, it doesn't make any difference.

Also, suggesting a CEO wouldn't want an experienced coach who would improve the team and be more likely to gain promotion to the premiership so he doesn't have to argue any difficult points or have someone question them so the team can stay a mid-table team is one of the more bizarre conspiracy theories I've seen on here.

I disagree...it's common for people to look after their own interests when given power, over the greater good of a company.

People in the football industry know it's fickle and people are fired at the drop of a hat.

That's why it's difficult to find managers that will agree to long term projects, as they know they'll be judged on short term results. Most know they'll be sacked in two years approx. 

They look after their own backsides. They'll play experience over youth as an example even if it's not good for the club in the long term. As they know the next club will be looking at previous results.

Same thing goes in other parts of a Club structure.

This entire thread is pathetic.  

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Unfortunately everything Jon touches - or even glances at fleetingly - instantly turns to shit. How on earth is he qualified to interview professional football coaches.

Name one successful project he has delivered on...  

Especially this comment. Unless you work at City, you have no idea what he does / doesn’t do. 

It is really dispiriting to read the negative comments about the sensational Lansdown family who have rebuilt our club from the foundations upwards. New stadium, training ground, trust, academy and proper processes.  Those looking from the outside may be frustrated but running a large enterprise is never simple.  Everything would be better if we supported the Lansdowns, the management, the team and all their enterprises.  That is not only the decent thing to do, but very much in our own interests.  Please cut the bitching and make with some positive waves!!

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

I said similar last week in the Hughton thread. I think he'd give MA an inferiority complex. He couldn't deal with it and none of his BS would wash with Hughton. 

I think that is the key reason CH won’t be here.

MA has brought in some good money, but he has too much control for a non- football person, which regardless of his view is actually true.

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think that is the key reason CH won’t be here.

MA has brought in some good money, but he has too much control for a non- football person, which regardless of his view is actually true.

How do you consider Mark Ashton a “non-football person”?

Had a playing contract at West Ham and became a goalkeeping coach after injuries from the age of 21. Consulted at Watford, part of a team that bought Oxford and now CEO here. Sounds like a pretty hefty football background.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

How do you consider Mark Ashton a “non-football person”?

Had a playing contract at West Ham and became a goalkeeping coach after injuries from the age of 21. Consulted at Watford, part of a team that bought Oxford and now CEO here. Sounds like a pretty hefty football background.

West Brom.  Never heard about him coaching, ended up in Community Trust / Foundation type roles.  He is skilled in the business / administration aspects within football clubs.  He is not a footballer football person if that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've no idea what education/professional back ground JL has, I assume he benefitted from a fairly pricey education before moving in to one of the family businesses and then joining the City board after he had done his 'apprenticeship' before hand.

How does anything about his education ( mediocre degree in Business Studies at Southampton by the way) qualify him to interview and appoint the person to lead the club forward. As I said, so far, everything he's touched has turned to shit 

Jon Lansdown is living the dream off the back of his dad’s wealth & long term he is our ticket towards continued financial stability atleast. Whether he actually adds any value himself or is capable of doing so in the future is a minor detail at this stage.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

West Brom.  Never heard about him coaching, ended up in Community Trust / Foundation type roles.  He is skilled in the business / administration aspects within football clubs.  He is not a footballer football person if that makes sense.

Fair enough, I read this article: says he was GK coach for 2 years before wanting to get into the management side of things. I get that he’s not an “on the pitch” footballer, but he’s certainly a football person, in that he’s built his entire career around the game.

https://www.isportconnect.com/member-insights-mark-ashton-ceo-bristol-city-football-club/

39 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Unfortunately everything Jon touches - or even glances at fleetingly - instantly turns to shit. How on earth is he qualified to interview professional football coaches.

Name one successful project he has delivered on...  

Well...

Ashton Gate Stadium’s turning in a handy profit

Community Trust seems pretty decent

Hummel kit sounds promising

Dunder sponsorship seems of £value

... and of course, being a City fan, must have had some influence on his dad investing £100 million in our Club.

His greatest achievement though - and one can only speculate here, the evidence in support being that (unlike all others) he wasn’t personally thanked by LJ in the ‘departure thank you’ letter - he was the one in the hierarchy who’s patience finally snapped with our then Manager after the Cardiff game. 

16 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well...

None of those are his responsibility, there are stadium managers, CT managers, marketing and branding teams who do all that.

The logo was done by a professional design house. Laughable to think he concepted, designed, and implemented, it himself. Some red coloured glasses being worn tonight 

25 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well...

... and of course, being a City fan, must have had some influence on his dad investing £100 million in our Club.

His greatest achievement though - and one can only speculate here, the evidence in support being that (unlike all others) he wasn’t personally thanked by LJ in the ‘departure thank you’ letter - he was the one in the hierarchy who’s patience finally snapped with our then Manager after the Cardiff game. 

Is this letter/statement available to view?

17 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

None of those are his responsibility, there are stadium managers, CT managers, marketing and branding teams who do all that.

The logo was done by a professional design house. Laughable to think he concepted, designed, and implemented, it himself. Some red coloured glasses being worn tonight 

Hang on. Do you think Jeff Bezos runs every function in Amazon? 

At Jon’s level, you appoint good managers and oversee the strategy, with input on key decisions.

The footballing side is presently carp, and he’s looking  to sort that, hopefully by appointing a decent manager. A key decision on which he will now be judged. I think it was his dad’s decision to appoint LJ. 

Aside from the football, the rest of the ‘enterprise’ is doing well or improving. 

7 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Is this letter/statement available to view?

Was free to view at all good media outlets, including OTIB. 

I, and others, mentioned at the time, that - if I recall correctly - the thanks to Steve, Maggie ‘and family’ seemed odd given JL’s position at the Club. 

Archived