IGNORED

Who's conducting the interviews?

spudski

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Fair enough, I read this article: says he was GK coach for 2 years before wanting to get into the management side of things. I get that he’s not an “on the pitch” footballer, but he’s certainly a football person, in that he’s built his entire career around the game.

https://www.isportconnect.com/member-insights-mark-ashton-ceo-bristol-city-football-club/

Thanks, I’d not seen that before.  I’ve heard the Allardyce quote many times.  I bet Ashton loves trotting that out. ?

He must’ve been at West Brom at the same time as two as my mates, as they were managed by Nobby Stiles too.

9 hours ago, Kibs said:

I said similar last week in the Hughton thread. I think he'd give MA an inferiority complex. He couldn't deal with it and none of his BS would wash with Hughton. 

You don't think he speaks in that management bullshit all the time do you? I can't see how he could and add value - he would actually need to define the stuff he is talking about for it to make any sense. 

8 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Unfortunately everything Jon touches - or even glances at fleetingly - instantly turns to shit. How on earth is he qualified to interview professional football coaches.

Name one successful project he has delivered on...  

Uhh, the Aquaduct, Sanitation......

I have no problem with MA. He is excellent at getting clubs to over pay on players sold. He cuts good deals for players inbound. 

I particularly like the season long loan with a fee already agreed. Notwithstanding (love to use this word) Covid and its effects now from the season start, he has done well. 

I would hope that as part of this process he has brought in a football consultant. We have made mistakes in the past. Why not turn to a football guru to help in the process. 

Buying and selling players one thing. Bringing in a new coach, a process not undertaken in 4 years.... Get outside help.

I would imaging the people at the club are sick of the phrase "Non Disclosure Agreement". But in all fairness, this is tighter than Tupperware. 

7 hours ago, CodeRed said:

None of those are his responsibility, there are stadium managers, CT managers, marketing and branding teams who do all that.

The logo was done by a professional design house. Laughable to think he concepted, designed, and implemented, it himself. Some red coloured glasses being worn tonight 

You joking right? He is Chairman. Everything is ultimately his responsibility. He has a team that carries out his vision. Success or failure. Win or lose its at his door. 

I wonder if people actually think before they post? 

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t imagine Jon Lansdown interviewing Chris Hughton ? 

Hughton would be far too professional to say anything but would surely think. Who the ***** this idiot. , as Jon’s saying . I designed the new robin with my crayons dad bought me 

Looks more of an Etch-a-Sketch job to me.

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Jon's first question to Chris Hughton was "If you were a bird, what bird would you be" to which Chris replied that he would be a Seagull or a Magpie.  The correct answer would of course have been a Robin.

In addition to his excellent management record, Chris has the ideal background for the Robins as he’s always been good with the birds - Magpies, Cockerels, Canaries and Seagulls.
Get him in!!!!  

Archived