IGNORED

Gregor MacGregor

BcFcOneLove

9 hours ago, BcFcOneLove said:

I've now realised that this guy is having the absolute time of his life at the moment, not only fueling speculation amongst us but also being directly sourced and quoted by various national news outlets who often state 'according to Bristol Live'.

We go from within days of announcing Hughton, which even prompted other fans' congratulations of such an appointment, and lots of national media that quoted him, to now taking Dean Holden seriously. 

I mean come on....

Either someone at the club is seriously taking the p*** out of him or he is an absolute sh** show of journalist for a lazy rag, that seems to thrive on absolute guess work, which amazingly is still being taken seriously and annoyingly talked to death about every day.

I do realise that he is obviously tasked with reporting whatever he may or may not know, but wish he'd just p*** off to be honest..

Rant over and apologies to any fans of his.

Ironic that you accuse him of guesswork when your post is full of absolute made-up drivel. Only the nationals decided Hughton was a done-deal, Gregor was the one urging caution. All the evidence shows that Gregor’s reporting to date has been spot on when others have been wide of the mark.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Gregor is the most trustworthy source of information at the moment, he doesn’t make stuff and he doesn’t sensationalise.

5 hours ago, mozo said:

Gregor has been getting this transfer saga right all the way through so far.

When the media whipped up a Steven Gerrard frenzy, Gregor said not a done deal. ✔️

When the media said Hughton a done deal, Gregor said not done. ✔️

When the media said appointment imminent, Gregor said 7-10 days (a week ago. ✔️

Bloody facts eh.

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

To quote @Robbored

As we have been on such a merry go round. I see no point getting excited or drawn in until an official announcement will be. Whenever that is...

That has been my attitude towards upcoming managerial appointments to incoming transfers for quite a number of years now.

There are always numerous rumours circulating with social media frequently being the source and equally frequently being completely wrong................:cool2:

Its far simpler/easier to wait until the club officially announce whatever on the OS - then we know 100% for certain that it’s a done deal.

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That has been my attitude towards upcoming managerial appointments to incoming transfers for quite a number of years now.

There are always numerous rumours circulating with social media frequently being the source and equally frequently being completely wrong................:cool2:

Its far simpler/easier to wait until the club officially announce whatever on the OS - then we know 100% for certain that it’s a done deal.

Appears easier to predict a player coming in than a head coach/manager

Fortunately, I am extremely busy with work so only catch snippets here and there regarding what’s going on (or isn’t). I am sure they’re a lot of souls tearing their hair out right now. 

I gotta say that having worked with both Gregor and his predecessor Andy - both are genuinely dedicated journalists who would never put out a story that they KNEW to be factually incorrect at the time of publication. Sometimes, they find out information from sources within the club that is accurate but for whatever reason a deal doesnt go through and they look a bit silly for reporting it. But thats not their fault if situations change. I know Andy was pretty well connected because he had been reporting on City for so many years he built up many contacts and was in direct communication with several managers over the years. I know he has been on the receiving end  of a few rants from a couple of them who didnt take a liking to match reports or other stories that have appeared. But thats what its all about. He told it how it was - despite some people thinking he was a puppet of the club - trust me - he was always honest and never swayed to change things just because the club didnt like what he was going to write. Same with Gregor - has always been genuine with his reports and stories and like Andy, also been on the receiving end of Lee Johnson's dislike of something he has written.

Throughout this whole search for a new manager, Gregor has always been pretty much spot on and while it might seem like sitting on the fence - he will only report what he knows to be facts. And as others have said - he hasnt been wrong!

Archived